Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

i saw sassy with some last winter, talked to jacob about them and decided to try and make some. they are hard to find i guess
    so i took an old pair of snowboarding pants and sprayed them with a waterproofing solution and came up with these. very ghetto but i think they will work.
    if anyone knows where i can track down some real ones id like to know

ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007

I like those.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    Seth (pantsoffdanceoff) mentioned in the boston-made thread that his friend makes canvas ones, ask him.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

that is totally fucking greatwhat does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    i thought i was going to get ripped on for the ones i made.

thanks aaron i heart you big boyride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007 edited

i think you sew better than i do. (serious) !

i like.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthortylersage

i am pretty sure ben frank makes the ones james has, he hasn't been downtown lately so i dont know how one would go about finding him.
    • CommentAuthordingleberry
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007 edited

THANKYOU!!!!!ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    benjamin is out of town until the 2nd week of the year. Ill try and get an update on his warmers and post.im the mad midnight bomber what bombs at midnigh! yeah baby yeah!
    anddd thank you!ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    i think yours look dumb ♥<3 Katty Class
    havent you had enough of me raggin on you?! <3ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrandonc

not bad! i was planning on making some, too. maybe you could cover them in plastic to help keep the water out -- i bet newspaper bags would work pretty well..
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs

sassy's were a d. rose product, like all those backpacks that are kicking around the city.

no more of those, i don't think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Dude, that came out pretty nice.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007

nice duder. i saw some bitchin' leather ones somewhere on the intrawebs once but can't remember where. seems like they'd keep yer hooves warmer.
    You dopey boobs.WWJD
    Breezers! is the name brand. D. Rosenrose(my favorite Jew) used them as a template for his less wonderful yet functional design. Ben Frankly made his, using just his memory and keen wit to guide him threw the fabrication process. His are a robust version indeed.They are as tasty as veal cutlet........WWJD
    • CommentAuthorRebus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

Old thread, but hopefully worth reviving (and my joining the forum) so I can share ....

I recently unearthed a pair of commercially-made toe covers that I bought back in the mid 1980s. Totally unbranded, just a little "S" label (presumably small).

Here is one:

WP_20180921_21_08_32_Pro
    Top view

WP_20180921_21_08_48_Pro
    Bottom view

WP_20180921_21_09_30_Pro
    Inside-out

WP_20180921_21_05_44_Pro
    Unpicked/pattern - the black pieces are Velcro - seam allowance is about 7mm.

Since taking the photos, I have made a template in card and used it to make a pair of covers. They are a little small in width and length for the target pedals/clips but it shouldn't be too difficult to extrapolate a larger size from the existing template.

Hopefully the pics are enough to get folks started should you decide to make your own.

Good luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

Omg this is amazing, thanks! I've been hoping to upgrade my waterproof game, since on a fairly regular basis I'll be commuting in six miles of rain, then sitting on a boat for 40 minutes, then commuting for another mile and a half of rain.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Yeah that would be super helpful just for wind, too. Thanks!

And sorry it took several days to approve you, i'm not in the habit of checking regularly because the applications are like 100:1 spammers to real people.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorRebus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2018

No worries Surprisefries.

I wasn't watching the clock. Plenty of gardening to do at this time of year - tidying things up before it gets too cold.

Pleased you spotted me amongst the spam.
    • CommentAuthorRebus

Nerdo, if you need more information, please let me know.
    • CommentAuthorRebus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2018 edited

First attempt - made from the pattern derived from the commercially-made "S" original, but slightly too small for this particular pedal/clip combination.

WP_20181011_21_24_38_Pro

Second attempt will be scaled-up by +12mm length and +7mm width. I suspect it will be too large but that's kinda good because at least I will have bracketed the size I want.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Looking pretty good!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)