Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010

t-honks is right. The "Cyclist Hit" thread getting bumped every day is too tense.
    Eric Hunt's memorial is still up. It's been beautified further with flowers and absolutely nothing has been removed.
    I walked by on my way home, but didn't have my camera with me.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010

eric's bike has been added to ghostbikes.org
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

We are going to put back the old ghost bikes for Kelly Wallace and Gordon Riker. Let me know if you want to help out. Hopefully, we'll be doing this next weekend.Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthormauspad

i just got an email from one of the people who run ghostbikes.org-- would anyone be interested in managing the boston page on the site? let me know and i'll give her your contact info.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010

shitty. shitty. shitty. terrible day. we need a third bike, after the fatality in newton. we will be working on sunday, looks like, if anyone wants to help.Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthorben

I'll be out of town on Sunday, but let me know if there's anything I can assist with ahead of time.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthormauspad

we learned last time that you need at least two cans of primer. i also won't be around this weekend. good luck, ride safe all
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010 edited

its in use, sorry :/somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    yo, i'm down to helpout with the ghost bike whenever, we can do it at my place if need be, weve got a shop in the basement.
    • CommentAuthortristan

Will make time to help whenever this needs to happen, if needed.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010

Mick - could i grab the frame friday night or saturday?

Turtles - can we work in yr basement? sun afternoon?Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

i forgot about tracy millioo. we need a fourth bike.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited

.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

tracy milillo has had one since her accident, it's lovingly maintained on longwood by someone else
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

ok, so we only need one more frame. anybody interested in helping, whisper me yr information and i'll let you know the details.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

contatcted newton pd about letting it stay up the way that the boston ones will.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

Andy von Guerard, 21, from Colorado.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

:\
    sunday is fine, whisper me for details if interested. if any of his friends make themselves known i'd love for them to paricipate.
    hey, i am dumb at the internet
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

^different marianna, but I will pass the message along.this wont hurt a bit...
    eeeewww! i would never date Shane! eeeeeeeewww!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    wow, that was supposed to be whispered, god do i suck at the inter.net. anyway i am whispering y'all my info. what time is good for everyone on sunday?
    also, i wouldnt date shane either. sorry shane.
    Good luck getting the city (Newton) to agree to leave it up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

i thought the same thing. but they were actually pretty cool. but it's the dpw call, so i'll call them tomorrow. 2 p.m. sunday? we need paint and primer, if anyone has any. i have asked some people but haven't gotten anything yet.Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthortristan

^someone needs to get a chain and padlock, as well. 2-3 cans of primer worked for us last time.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    ps-i only have a frame/fork/headset to offer..there's nothing else on itsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i'm relatively sure i can scrounge up some, if not all, of that. i'll ask BnB what they can spare tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

A running list of what we have:

One frame, four wheels

I think we have another, another frame

We need:
    A third frame and wheels
    Primer
    Paint
    Chain and lock
    A sign?Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthorben

Why do you need 3 frames?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

we're putting back up the bikes for gordon riker and kelly wallace that the city took down, in addition to the new one.Lone Wolf Running Club
    i have a set of heavy steel mtb wheels. not good for much else. I would pass these on if you could use them. they have tubes and tires on them as well. let me know

also, that kind of sign do you need? I work in a sign shop, and can probably cook something up fairly easily.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

this is what eric's looks like:

speaking of which, his should probably be remade.

this is tracy's:

^you mean his sign should be remade, or the whole bike?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthormauspad

his sign
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

For the sign, I was thinking about using stencil letters. Maybe on a piece of plexi. We should make a sign for Eric Hunt's as well.Lone Wolf Running Club
    does the city know we plan to put GR's and KM's back up?
    • CommentAuthortristan

^if someone sends Nicole Freedman (nicole.freedman.bra@cityofboston.gov) the address the bikes will be put up, she will do her best to ensure they stay there. She has been incredible responsive to me each time I've written.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

i wrote her. she said that if we let her know where they were, she'd keep them up. still working on newton...Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

wrote the mayor of newton asking for permission. he rides a bike.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorthepeo

i have a can of duplicolor primer ill donate - might be out of town sunday though. can i drop it off somewhere between now and then?http://www.grafikmag.com/index.php?m=GR&sub=GRdetail&id=430
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

what we have:

two frames
    three sets of wheels
    2 cans of primer
    1 can of white spray paint - thank you dustin

what we might have:

another frame
    1 can of primer

what we need:

3 cans of primer
    5 cans of paint
    3 chains and locks
    3 pieces of plexi
    acrylic lettersLone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010

I'm going to start putting primer on the bikes we have tomorrow, so we can get everything done on Sunday.Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

if kelly's bike was the one on longwood near coolidge corner, it is back up, saw it there on tuesday.RIDE METAL
    awesome. i'm gonna go to BnB tomorrow before work. what time does everyone wanna meet? i have to be done by 530ish unfortunatly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

start at noon? i think the bike near coolidge corner is for tracy milillo.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^^^her's was at cambridge and harvard. there used to be one on the sidewalk leading up to the footbridge, people started complaining that it got in their way while waiting for the bus or something idiotic like that, and not long after it was gone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

what we have:

three frames (one is one of mine i'd like to keep but can part with if need be) - thank you cait from quad bikes
    three sets of wheels
    3 cans of primer
    1 can of white spray paint - thank you dustin
    1 gallon of flat white paint - thank you cambridge bicycle

what we need:

3 cans of primer
    3 cans of paint?
    3 chains and locks
    3 pieces of plexi
    acrylic letters

i know people are asking at bnb tomorrow. i'll try more shops as well. i can't get an answer from newton. everyone is super nice, but no one seems to know who to talk to. call them if you like. maybe if they here from lots of people: (617) 796-1000

when should we put them up? should we do something to commemorate? cm is next friday. maybe ride past all of them...

the flowers at eric hunt's bike are all wilted and the candles are broken. i'll try and clean up/find some flowers tomorrow.Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited

hey I have an old frame you can use. It's high tensile, shitty and sitting in my garage. I'd much rather see it go towards something worthwhile than rot in a dumpster. If you want to keep the frame you're planning on using, you're more than welcome to this one. Actually, I implore you to take it.