Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010 edited

You went to lawschool and are unclear on why laypeople don't fully understand the legal process?

;)

I think the key object lesson here is there's a reason people go to practicing attorneys for legal advice. Unfortunately they won't actually tell you what to do, only advise you as to your options.

What I was trying to think of before is if there's any way to put this person in touch with someone who can better describe the plusses and minuses of the criminal complaint route (and who is legally qualified to do so/didn't sign something swearing they wouldn't even think about giving legal advice). I don't know if someone at a DA's office would be of any help, I was thinking maybe the clinical professors in charge of the prosecutors' clinics (I believe Suffolk and BC both have them).
    • CommentAuthorjaykato
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010

Christiaan if you need some help, (without letting out too much info) contact by Bro or Teej, they'll give you the info to get a hold of me.

Tiny, yeah I know, and they'll rag on us relentlessly. Our legal education is the brunt of numerous jokes until they need our services.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited

I have no opinion as to any of these folks, but as the CRW mailing list has a request out for lawyers who do bike-related cases, I figured I'd add to the list of possible people to get in touch with beyond bikeattorney.com.

Thus far only one name to add: David White at Breakstone, White, and Gluck.
    i know a guy who contacted thomas kelley in wellesley... can't vouch that he's good or bad, but he takes bike cases and doesn't charge anything unless you win.