Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010 edited

So last night I was helping someone strip down an old Bridgestone frame they bought in order to convert into fixed gear, and these were the pedals on the frame. He didn't want them, so they're mine now. From what I can tell, a good condition set of these Suntour Superbe pedals are worth a nice bit of money. Obviously they are pretty beat up and rusty, but they spin very well. Does anybody have any tips on how to remove the axle? I want to clean them up, take some of the rust off, and use them for my bike. I also had a thought about replacing the bearings on these, but I'm not sure if it is worth the hassle.

Hosted by imgur.com
    If they spin well, why take them apart, if only for the chance to lose or break something? Don't fix things that aren't broke. Ride em! If you want to clean them put them to a polishing wheel as-is.