Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

ALL OF THEMDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012

holyshitDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    the red bull colored balls make it for me.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    holy cow. quick robot dexterity :OOOOsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2012

^Terrifying!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2012

All hail our fast robotic overlords. We're so dead. That re-grasping is scaryI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Got to work this morning to find there's no lab meeting today. [++]

But that also means no free breakfast. [-------------]DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    you think that's bad, it was a sad day when our budget crossed the no-more-free-meeting-food line.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Oh damn.

The food is only free to me, because whoever gave lab meeting last time has to bring food (out of pocket- pretty lame), but I never have to give lab meeting 'cause I'm a tech.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    TECH LYFEi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Under the radar, all day every day.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2012 edited

tinyhonkshus:TECH LYFE

surprisefries:Under the radar, all day every day.
    I'm so off the radar my PI doesn't even include me on all-lab emails.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012

surprisefries:I'm so off the radar my PI doesn't even include me on all-lab emails.

I feel this way about clinical trials that I'm the lead coordinator for sometimes, lol.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    the only science i need.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I am disappointed the video ended before the demonstration. It looked like it was going to end well.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2012

This idea is completely nuts, right? Drivers don't care about your stress level. If anything, I can see people driving around actively trying to stress cyclists out.

"MindRider is a helmet that translates electroencephalogram (EEG) feedback into an embedded LED display. For the wearer, green lights indicate a focused, active mental state, while red lights indicate drowsiness, anxiety, and other states not conducive to operating a bike or vehicle. Flashing red lights indicate extreme anxiety (panic). As many people return to cycling as a primary means of transportation, MindRider can support safety by adding visibility and increased awareness to the cyclist/motorist interaction process. "

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2012/11/mit-media-lab-bike-helmet/

http://web.media.mit.edu/~arlduc/projects/mindrider/We are the small axe.
    Academically I think that's a really interesting project. But in terms of actually using it in the real world, dumb.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    HA! that thing's got fucking headphones built in.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2012

The glassware dryer in our lab caught on fire on Friday. Doesn't look like it spread outside of the dryer. The entire floor still stinks pretty bad.
    the best birds and the beessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2012

Damn. I bailed work around 4 when my 3rd floor lab started to stink from the fumes and I noticed one of the staircases was a waterfall from the sprinkler system. WHAT DID YOU DO, CHRIS?!
    ratattack:Damn. I bailed work around 4 when my 3rd floor lab started to stink from the fumes and I noticed one of the staircases was a waterfall from the sprinkler system. WHAT DID YOU DO, CHRIS?!

Told you it was Chris' fault.

I work on the 5th floor.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    How do you catch an oven full of glass on fire? Accidentally turn it to 2300?You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Plastics?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Science/TIL

Slate's best astronomy images of 2012DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Overly Honest Methodsclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-01-sensory-hair-cells-regenerated-mammal.htmlYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2013

I just caught up on the past 90 posts here. Too much to possibly respond to.
    In all sincerity, thank you for completely and utterly derailing my day. It was worth it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013

Fancy:

The glassware dryer in our lab caught on fire on Friday. Doesn't look like it spread outside of the dryer. The entire floor still stinks pretty bad.

Welp, after several meetings (seriously) they think it might have been the PLASTIC in the GLASS dryer that caused the fire (no fucking shit!).

Oh BU...
    That's as dumb as evacuating an entire building for 4 hours for 200mL of spilled decalin.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    What about evacuating an entire building for a couple hours for 150mL of spilled b-mercaptoethanol? That was a nice surprise beer break.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013

BU needs to start having separate email lists. I'm staff at the Medical Campus, I don't need to know about every fire alarm and chemical spill that happens at Charles River or faculty regalia ordering deadlines.
    There was a massive chemical fire in 2 Design center when i was working in 1 Design Center and they didn't evacuate anyone from 1 because the alarm system wasn't working. I didn't even know anything happened until i came out of the building and saw like 25 fire trucks.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    That is one loooooong stem. amirite?You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    ratattack:BU needs to start having separate email lists. I'm staff at the Medical Campus, I don't need to know about every fire alarm and chemical spill that happens at Charles River or faculty regalia ordering deadlines.

I signed my withdrawal papers from BU three years ago next week and I still get alerts about stupid shit like this all the time. I got an email in all caps from Student Health about the flu epidemic last week. The subject line was "IMPORTANT READ IMMEDIATELY"Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Just had two PhD's come ask me for help with the camera connected to the microscope in one of our cell culture rooms (which I manage). Computer wasn't seeing the camera, and I was hoping it wasn't something that required actual computer skills to fix.

It wasn't.

The camera had not been turned on.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013

BUT THEIR PHD BRAINS ARE FILLED WITH BIGGER CONCERNS YOU COULDNT POSSIBLY UNDERSTANDWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    There's a glass door in my building clearly marked "push" on one side and "pull" on another. If you sit and watch, you'll see PhD brains at work all day smashing into a closed door.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    ratattack:BU needs to start having separate email lists. I'm staff at the Medical Campus, I don't need to know about every fire alarm and chemical spill that happens at Charles River or faculty regalia ordering deadlines.

I can beat this! I am technically employed by an institute with a campus in Maryland, and am only at Hahvahd as a "unpaid subcontractor" or something, and the other night, at 12:19am, I got an emergency text informing me that the MD campus would be opening late the following day.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    My PhDbrains mostly just throw "if you smell it, it's already too late" chemicals into regular trashcans and leave empty boxes around instead of asking for a restock.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    ^perfect
    joeyfresh:BUT THEIR PHD BRAINS ARE FILLED WITH BIGGER CONCERNS YOU COULDNT POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND

This is probably true. Or in some cases, "couldn't possibly care to understand."DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D