Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

In unrelated news, at work we have a database called Pharon and a database called Chronos and I keep calling them both Charon.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015

anyone know anything on HHO generators and torches?
    Solar Impulse flight around the world to start soon. NEAT!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Awesome. it cracked me up that there are people who run up and catch the wing supports when it lands.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    A Synthetic Erectile Optogenetic Stimulator Enabling Blue-Light- Inducible Penile Erection

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015

NICE BROKEN DICK PIC, PAWL.
    not broken if you got that subscriptio'You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2015

Hrmmmm... maybe one day soon?

Greaseless and cageless ball bearingsI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015

Wow, that is a whole angle of cancer biology I know nothing about, though I've been out of the cancer game for a few years now. Pretty rad, though I wouldn't expect wide clinical use for some time. I think the ability to do more regular "biopsies" would be super useful.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    As someone who works with RNAseq discovery: sounds like another bullshit fishing trip

There are like 15 papers that 'discover' RNA profiles (all different, I don't think there's even overlap) for RA drug response and yet SOMEHOW no diagnostic has been brought to market

I might read the actual paper, but I might noti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015 edited

I dont know if this is sciency enough for y'all, but it does relate to bikes and we don't have a 'here there be data' thread, sooo

Velonews did a test of a bunch of high-end tires, to determine which rolled best. The difference between some really popular tires is pretty staggering.
    Tire test here

And, here's the chart:
    ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015

$100 tires exist?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    mmm, data.

This is the article I've been looking for in several conversations with roadiebros lately.

Also glad to see my preferred road tire is #4.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015

Looks like the Specialized S-Works Turbo is the best bang for the buck (and the low TPI means it'll stand up better on our shitty streets).

It's a pretty amazing chart, actually. Double the difference in rolling resistance from the top to the bottom. Damn.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015 edited

Has anyone else noticed that in some of these, they are using butyl inner tubes, and in others, they're using latex? I want to know how the Specialized S-Works Turbo compares with the Specialized Turbo Pro when you have the SAME tube in BOTH.

You'll get far more of a difference from shaving your legs, and that doesn't cost a thing.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

Well since I'm vaguely Asian, my legs basically come pre-shaved, so I need to find other solutions.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

lol @ "vaguely Asian"

I'm vividly white, so my legs come pre-sunburned.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

nerdo:Well since I'm vaguely Asian, my legs basically come pre-shaved, so I need to find other solutions.

it don't get any more vague than "asian" @ 4.5 billion people and 40+ differentiated countries!
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2015

nerdo:Looks like the Specialized S-Works Turbo is the best bang for the buck (and the low TPI means it'll stand up better on our shitty streets).

It's a pretty amazing chart, actually. Double the difference in rolling resistance from the top to the bottom.
    Damn.

Low thread count means less comfortable, though?

Its also interesting that the S-Works Turbo is tested in 26mm and the Schwalbe One's are on there in 2 different widths. Anyway I don't know if I would use 26mm tires on rims that are meant for 22 or 23s because there's a theory that it creates a bulge, which effects the performance.
    Hila and I are going to start a science job advice blog. Help me brainstorm names. Will not be limited to biology.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015 edited

TinyScienceBabes.com ? (Sorry, that's the first thing that popped into my head.)

SciJobKvetch.com ? SciJobKvet.ch ?

SciJobBit.ch ?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015

willsciforfood.com
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2016

^that feels like the appropriate level of despair to me?I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    scienceisover.orgDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    rough week?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    sorta. home was probably rougher than work though, getting the chillens back on schedule.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2016

In Milestone, Scientists Detect Gravitational Waves As Black Holes Collide

Guys, this is kind of a big deal.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    It is and it isn't and it is. Like, it's basically just confirming something we've essentially known for 100 years. But it is awesome, and it opens up a whole new way to look at the universe which is totally fucking awesome.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2016 edited

Can we get real for a minute?

FUCK Elsevier for blowing up Sci-Hub.

Way to be the Metallica of science, dingbats.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Yeah Elsevier is a giant bag of ducks.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D