Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorviosg
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010

hey all. i am going to ride up to Portsmouth on friday to get my new bailey bag and to chill.... then head back on saturday.
    looks like some great weather for a ride.
    wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a cool way to go up. like any nice back roads... i know the north shore is pretty crazy with traffic.
    anything anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

I don't know of any back road ways, but I know people have ridden 1A to get there. 1A can be pretty ehhhhh on the way out of town.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I have one of the only halfway pleasant routes, but it kicks you out west before swinging you North.
    It's really the only way to make that ride without risking life & limb.
    It's like 80 miles or so.
    Let me know if that's appealing and I can shoot you the cue list (you would need to reverse it)e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    I rode it last summer, I'll dig up my route.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

^ do you go up through middleton and then cut over?Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    I did go through Middleton... hopefully this link will work (cue sheet tool didn't seem to work).

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/ma/somerville/411127604271261929
    • CommentAuthorgc

buy the rubel's bike maps.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

When I go to Ipswich I usually do 99, fork right on Lynn street off broadway, go through the lynn commons and take a left on Liberty to Essex to get on to 1A. From there it's not bad and the big bridge in Salem is fun on a nice day. Getting past Lynn is always awful but there are no good routes out of Boston to the north shore unless you add on another 20 miles to go west first.

Make sure you take a left on to Mill Road at First Church in Wenham if you do go that way, because that road is absolutely gorgeous and typically has less traffic than 1A.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    • CommentAuthorviosg
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010

wow thanks guys.

tiny your route looks like it would be cool... thanks! i thought 1a would be a choice road, but i only know 1a as in what it is in lynn with all those wierd shopping centers and car dealer ships.

i will probably end up going up and back. a friend that said he was going has to work on saturday... so i will try to get an early start and take advantage of long day to rest and come back.

i will try to figure out a way to get a cue sheet together.

gonna have to get me some bike shoes i think.

thanks again for the quick replies
    • CommentAuthorviosg
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010

that shit has been 86'd. left late and cue sheet disappeared... so fuck it. going to have to go another time. there would be no way i could get up and back with out killin it.

booo