Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

worlds fastest scooter

so since I took on a polyphasic sleep pattern like da vinci these wild ideas for new forms of transportation have been flying into my head... it quite possibly might be the fastest way to scoot around boston.

I figure that you have two options with it... you can kick for when you are in stop and go sidewalk traffic and you can crankrun (still working out a name for what riding this thing would be called...) in the street when necessary! best part is you can take it on the t cause its not a bike and it isnt a scooter.

expect to see a working model at the geeghaus open house this september.
    why walk when you can run and why ride a bike when you can run a scooter?
    rad.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010

scrunning? biscootling?
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

i want to see a video of how this would work, cause I am not seeing it.this wont hurt a bit...
    well i have to talk to the tubing/parts supplier (urban renewal) and see if they have the components needed in stock... if they can supply what i need then it will be up and running by tuesday. i just need to weld up a jig miter the tubing and toss some beads down.
    kinda like this diagram....well it leaves out the secret heat treating process we use... heres a hint. its a lot like toasting a creme brulee.

welding a jig
    • CommentAuthorcorter

how do you like polyphasic sleep? I got into it for about a month last year, but couldn't keep with it. Might have been doing it wrong- I was always tired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010 edited

lemondparty:worlds fastest scooter

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorthehum

Like this?

I saw a guy riding one of these at Hub on Wheels last september.theHum
    this is the type of shit they sell on late nite informercials. Fuck, it's on TV right now.
    yeah but thats just a bike with out a seat... this still has a platform.

but seriously....

yuppies will buy anything.
    that elliptobike thingy should totally be fixed gear. coasting wtf?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorjerome
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010

^ i thought the same thing. still have front & rear brakes, but the coasting seems like it would be a very strange sensation. i sorta want to ride one...i didnt like my old username anymore so here's a new one.