Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

this trip sounds like an absolutely horrible idea if you have any respect for your body.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    lemondparty:...
    i never know how i feel about vegetarian products that taste like meat...

i know how i feel. eat meat or don't.

xoxo veggies/vegans!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    i had a bite of chicken and pork last night. kind of underwhelmed, but whatev.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^it was also craptastic chinese food that was swimming in a sub-par orange sauce.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010

meh, riding fixed cross country is nothing new.
    everybody rode fixed (cross country and not) before freewheels were invented.gone
    • CommentAuthorben

Good point. And on unpaved roads, to boot.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

yeah it aint a thing. I mean, I wouldnt do it, but I've already exploded one leg joint. It's just as easy to toast your knees doing something else dumb like having your saddle height wrong.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010

This house. WTFI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    It would make a kickass fallout shelter (were it underground), but as a house it just seems like a pain in the ass. Also, the open design of the master bedroom does away with all that pesky sex they were planning on having without their kids hearing.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    kids == no cex[all your base are belong to us]
    That's what i tried to tell my parents.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010

Tonight's Patriots game. I'm not a fan of watching pre-season games and tend to actively avoid them, buuuut, it's against the Saint's. Could be cool.Fuck yeah.
    i kinda fucking love that house. though i dunno if i'd love it as much if i lived there long-term.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    WAT?!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I think that house's bathroom is made of the same stuff as the shop counter at Urban Adventours, which is super shiny if you don't mind scrubbing it with steel wool every three days.
    also, describing it as Bucolic just turns me off.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^yeah i find "bucolic" to be an off-putting word for such a nice thing.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010

How I just laid waste to a Sam LaGrassa's Jumbo Reuben. Seriously, didn't slow down. I could eat more...where is it going?Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010

paul jameson:That's what i tried to tell my parents.

groooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssss hahahahahahahhaMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    i like the idea of the house more than i like the house.

pretty rad for a get away cabin... but living in there would be way to boston childrens museum.

way too zany brainy wacky tacky for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010

EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    way too obvioussomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    its not straight laced. IT'S CALLED RADIAL. RAAAY DEEE ALLLL LLLAAAAAYSSSEEENG.
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO RIDE A BIKE LEARN ABOUT IT.

sucks your bike got stolen but radial lacing is stupid. that shit ain't fo da streets.

not trolling... just hate seeing that shit.xfunctionXformx
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010 edited

^Dude. Do yourself a favor: intern at a bike shop, read The Bicycle Wheel, and Bicycling Science. I'm not hatin' but that's exactly what a grumpy ass mechanic did for me when I young and full of wrong-headed notions. (Now I'm just old and still full of wrong-headed notions, but you get my point.)

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010

^you seem to disagree w/ señor Party.... Do those books say otherwise about radial wheels?

anyway. I didnt post that. I just found it.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    in response to the huntsville rapist/HIDE YO KIDZ HIDE YO WIFE CUZ THEY RAPIN' ERRBODY song:
    and i know exactly how i feel about these...PURE FUCKING GENIUS

marching band

crazy instrument

acoustic version

piano

drums

acapella
    dude Southern marching bands are awesome.

goddammit i am still watching these. you win the internet for tonight, Mr. Trout.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

this thread should be renamed: Things I know exactly how I feel about [.]
    Bed Intruder vs Double RainbowDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthormeetball

Fist gave me an awez radial 650 which is how I got in to riding one in the front

it was hella strong but I broke the bearings and no one makes them in the size any more

now I have a bontrager 650 in front
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010 edited

VectoredZev:^you seem to disagree w/ señor Party.... Do those books say otherwise about radial wheels?

anyway. I didnt post that. I just found it.

I do disagree. . . in the case of a front wheel where transmission of torque is not an issue. Front wheels with disk brakes should not be laced radially, nor should rear wheels. . . though I've gotten away with radial on the non-drive side. I am also not capable of much in the way of peak wattage.

Anyway, I can't explain now (stupid being at work) but if you look at a radial laced front wheel in terms of vectors, spoke crossing accomplishes little. . . though the shorter spokes do reduce the elasticity of the system, which will make the wheel less resilient.

Bla, bla, bla.[all your base are belong to us]
    yea, radially on the non-drive with a cross on the drive for the torque shouldn't be an issue..though..i just read this on a site

"If the right-side spokes are a higher cross pattern than the left side, the the right side will have greater torsional stiffness. This means that load on the right side spokes will start the rim moving before the left side of the hub will have wound up enough to generate torsional load to the rim. In other words, on a mixed-cross wheel, only the spokes on the side with a higher cross pattern will do the work of transmitting the load from the hub to the rim. Because there are no significant advantages and because fewer spokes will be supporting the torsional load, mixing cross patterns is not recommended."
    from-Barnett's manual 5th editionsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^Yes, I'd considered that, and agree that it's not the best way to do. Note that the radial spokes do still take part of the lateral, and radial load. They just don't to anything under torsion. My hunch is that in cases of very high torque, this uneven loading could cause the wheel to fail prematurely.

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010 edited

yea, a pro track racer shouldn't have a wheel like that haha..

edit: interestingsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    3 of my race wheels are non-DS radial, with DS cross, including track and carbon wheels and i'd like to think i can put out sufficient wattage. my mtb wheels are crossed all around, and the rest are just even/symmetrical.
    i'd never do any sort of rear wheel full radial.
    ^Well, I vote for some destructive testing.[all your base are belong to us]
    sure, i'll train/hill climb/sprint/go on trails on some full radial rear wheels to demonstrate their foolishness.
    i imagine just to get things running the tension would need to be high as fuck.
    whenever i eat a bowl or two of ..my pee smells like it for the rest of the day.
    it makes me a bit awkward because i enjoy the smell of smacks.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i will eat 5 bowls of smacks and pee on you. if you want.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorcparx
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010

r kelly, on bfixed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010

R. Kelly has standards.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010

I prefer Honey Combs.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    Today I'm not sure how I feel about [?]

Velociraptors in Captivity

Just how exactly do you tame these things, anyway?

^
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

Is that a ninja doctor samurai riding a raptor through an evergreen forrest? WAT?!EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Doctor McNinja, fool!dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010

I had a dream about Double Rainbow last night.

I was in the desert and came upon a car show down in a dry lake bed. I went down to the car show, where I was apparently then joined by my father, and saw a rainbow in the sky -- at which point I promptly began to mockingly sing Double Rainbow. BUT THEN IT TURNED INTO A DOUBLE FREAKING RAINBOW! I was spazzing out, my dad had no idea what the hell I was talking about, and I think I may have been saying "Double Rainbow! OOooHoHoHo A DOUBLE. RAINBOW.!" out loud in my sleep.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010 edited

Last night I dreamed that Tony Hale (the guy who played Buster Bluth) was trying to kill me with a compass (from geometry class, not from Boy Scouts) and Sean Motherfucking Reilly was just sitting there, reading a magazine, acting like it was no big deal. I ended up dusting Buster by beating his face until it just imploded in a white, bloodless chalky mass. I screamed at Sean, asking why he didn't help me. He said that I was never in any danger of dying. I woke up yelling "I could have been! I fucking could have been!"

Today I don't know how I feel about Sean's ambivalence toward my physical well-being and safety.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^i sense some tension betwixt the two of you. Try making out, that should fix it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D