Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015

So, the equivalent of the Seatpost Girl thread just happened on the classical singers' forum that I'm also a member of.

It is fairly epic. 382 posts in the space of 3 days.

Thing is, this kind of thing happens on that forum every few weeks. Classical singers are all fucked in the head.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    It's about time they made it so you could bike outsidei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2015

In related news:"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015

tinyhonkshus:It's about time they made it so you could bike outside

OOOOOHHHHHMMMMMYYYYGGGGGOOOOODDDDD the hatred flows with the power of a thousand sunsI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Obo:

OOOOOHHHHHMMMMMYYYYGGGGGOOOOODDDDD the hatred flows with the power of a thousand suns

or rather, the power of one kilosolclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015 edited

EPIC! Stratton:
    Obo:

OOOOOHHHHHMMMMMYYYYGGGGGOOOOODDDDD the hatred flows with the power of a thousand suns

or rather, the power of one kilosol

this is correct if Obo was using "sun" meaning the power of solar irradiation on the earth's surface at 90deg in which case "Sun" and "sol" can be used interchangeably. Though "sol" is rarer. Thus: 1 kSun = 1ksol = 1 000 000 W/m^2 since part of copley square they're spinning in is about 50 m^2, the power associated would be 5.0 x 10^7 W.

If we're talking a thousand times the total energy of the sun, that's more like 1.5 x 10^25 J. But since this is just an energy, we can multiply it by the time they were spinning, let's call it 90 minutes (since the orders of magnitude make the time almost irrelevant when comparing the two numbers) and arrive at a power: 8.1 x 10^28 W

which of these numbers accurately describes the power associated with hatred flux?You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    ^so pleased you took this and ran with it.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015

^^ This is beautiful. I miss you, Paul.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2015

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev gets death penalty for placing Marathon bomb

I mean, yeah, nobody contested that of course he's guilty, but in Massachusetts, we haven't used the death penalty since 1947. I thought we were better than that.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2015

From a lawyer friend, "Of course a death-qualified jury reached a result completely at odds with prevailing sentiment in Massachusetts and the wishes of some victims' families--because death-qualified juries are, by design, not representative of the community from which they're drawn."

Also, The Onion got it pretty good: "Tsarnaev Death Penalty A Warning To Any Other Religious Fanatics Hoping To Be Martyred""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Can't decide if every single Boston bike cop is fat, or if it's just those ridiculous outfits they make them wear.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015

Maybe they make the fat ones do bike duty so they slim down.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    In that case they should consider riding in a higher gear sometimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015

And not drinking an iced coffee while riding, as I saw one fattie bike cop doing the other day.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Freewheel Burning:Can't decide if every single...cop is fat, or if it's...those...fits they make...

FIXED.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    TINSHIFA: My mentor at work is really good at helping me recognize my horrible failings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015

There are a handful of USAC races in Buffalo, one happening this weekend in an omnium style (3 short crit/TT races with a point system). Seems cool, right?

Men's 1/2/3 prize pool: $750
    Men's 4 : $400

Women's 1/2/3: $100
    Women's 4: medals

Reg fee for all 3 races: $80

I asked their fb event why that's so drastically unequal, and the post got deleted.

TINSHIFA: sanctioned races almost universally sucking."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Gross."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited

Actually, I have a good idea for an alley cat. I don't mind making some noise against some local sexist racing bros on my way in. I might even use that part of their flyer as a background for mine."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited

I could find a better name for it.
    Or it could be "1st man get $12, which is slightly more than the reg fee"

NEW VERSION:
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness

i would change the mens award to: "a nice pat on the back, and asked to get off the podium." then again, i'm an ass. and the first idea was that the first man gets a burrito. which is worth waaaaay more than 12 dollars, imho.
    I would work on a better name - it's not stinging enough, and it's sort of confusing. Obviously you mean it's fair in that it evens things out, but it's not really "fair" on its own.

Also don't forget to complain about how few men come to it!

Also also you should probably have scantily clad podium boys.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    TINSHIFA: Park & Pedal

Obviously I'm all about suburban park and ride options (like the 128 CR lot, etc) and it's good that this might divert drivers from taking their cars into Harvard Square and maybe Arsenal St (not a lot of benefit gained, IMHO, since Arsenal can handle it and Harvard already gets the siphoning from Alewife), but it seems like encouraging people to drive into the city proper to park in a big parking lot that just happens to be a leeeeeeeettle bit further out than HSq is sorta dumb and has little point. Not to mention the potential for increasing congestion in Lower Allston. Whatever, I am a hater.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015

Payback cat?
    I am so excited to complain about how small men's cycling is and that if they don't come out they'll never get equal prizes. Maybe I could convince Nat to be a podium boy"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    oooh, love payback cati mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben

That is an excellent name.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

How about USAC Cat?
    Or Eff USAC Cat?

You know, I might take one for the team and offer to be a podium boy.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Joey, if you feel like hanging out in Buffalo, you are more than welcome to stay with us and be a podium boy!

(Also goes for probably anyone at any point, come visit us and we'll give you a place to stay! We'll miss you all so much)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Man if I could, I would totally be a podium boy.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ROAD TRIIIIIPi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015 edited

tinyhonkshus:TINSHIFA: Park & Pedal

Obviously I'm all about suburban park and ride options (like the 128 CR lot, etc) and it's good that this might divert drivers from taking their cars into Harvard Square and maybe Arsenal St (not a lot of benefit gained, IMHO, since Arsenal can handle it and Harvard already gets the siphoning from Alewife), but it seems like encouraging people to drive into the city proper to park in a big parking lot that just happens to be a leeeeeeeettle bit further out than HSq is sorta dumb and has little point. Not to mention the potential for increasing congestion in Lower Allston. Whatever, I am a hater.

I, for one, am a big fan of "the historic launch of America’s first official Park&Pedal program". I assume that means they're going to set up checkpoints at all entrances to the city and if you don't have a real good fucking reason to bring your own SUV, you have to park that shit and catch a ride or get a hubway. It's about damn time."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015 edited

tinyhonkshus:ROAD TRIIIIIP

YEEAAH! We might even have stuff unpacked by then and have a usable guest room, lol."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Can I be a podium boy?

Andy, you need to post this to RBK, people will LOVE IT and almost definitely organize a trip to come ride it.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Nandy:
    tinyhonkshus:TINSHIFA: Park & Pedal

Obviously I'm all about suburban park and ride options (like the 128 CR lot, etc) and it's good that this might divert drivers from taking their cars into Harvard Square and maybe Arsenal St (not a lot of benefit gained, IMHO, since Arsenal can handle it and Harvard already gets the siphoning from Alewife), but it seems like encouraging people to drive into the city proper to park in a big parking lot that just happens to be a leeeeeeeettle bit further out than HSq is sorta dumb and has little point. Not to mention the potential for increasing congestion in Lower Allston. Whatever, I am a hater.

I, for one, am a big fan of "the historic launch of America’s first official Park&Pedal program". I assume that means they're going to set up checkpoints at all entrances to the city and if you don't have a real good fucking reason to bring your own SUV, you have to park that shit and catch a ride or get a hubway. It's about damn time.

I'm moderately involved in this and I think it will be pretty good. Montague is the primary sponsor. We're piloting a guided commute service to people who are uneasy with how to get into the city - which I hope will be a huge hit because it's something that I have wanted to offer for a while but has exactly a zero dollar ROI.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I did realize that it's a less dumb idea when you reconsider that some people can ride on "multi stroller multi jogger multi use paths" without having rage blackouts or needing to get to work in the winter.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy

that lot by soldier's field road is dark as fuck at night. i swear i see people just going there to do shady deals, state barracks be damned. if the thing were partially lit up like a christmas tree (circadian rhythm of birds), i'd use it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015

pocky:Can I be a podium boy?

Andy, you need to post this to RBK, people will LOVE IT and almost definitely organize a trip to come ride it.

I'm going to nail down a few more details, but I'll definitely post it soon! Any and all podium boys are welcome, I was thinking of making it checkpoint-worker-less, but if there's so much podium boy interest (and since everyone knows that boys don't really race) maybe we can have real checkpoints."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015 edited

TINSHIFA: i found my ex's stolen bike, three years later. jetter mixte. i mean, what are the chances that there are two shitty jetter mixtes with a front freewheel system which still exist thirty years after it was made? do i claim it for closure, despite not having any concrete evidence other than my post here and extensive knowledge about the terribleness of the bike and its design? i know it won't do anything for a done relationship, but one of the last things i said was that i was going to find the bike. fuck you, brain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015

It sounds like you need the closure and that it will eat away at you if you don't. I say go for it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Man, those fucking sketchballs stealing bikes and selling them to college kids for too much money."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    smoothness:TINSHIFA: i found my ex's stolen bike, three years later. jetter mixte. i mean, what are the chances that there are two shitty jetter mixtes with a front freewheel system which still exist thirty years after it was made? do i claim it for closure, despite not having any concrete evidence other than my post here and extensive knowledge about the terribleness of the bike and its design? i know it won't do anything for a done relationship, but one of the last things i said was that i was going to find the bike. fuck you, brain.

By the looks/sound of it, that's not the original stealer, so I say go "look at it", confirm/deny, say you're not interested, sleep nights againi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015 edited

Those front freewheel things are awesomely weird. I knew someone who had one, but they stopped riding it pretty fast because it was a shitty old bike.

I just rescued a Terry from one of those "oh it's just a hobby, I fix them up and over-price them for dumb students, I'll deliver it anywhere". One of the quick releases was open, the brake levers were way out of place, and they fucked up the paint clamping on a kickstand."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries

yeah, i decided that i have given myself piece of mind -- so fuck it, i did what i said i would. i have no interest in getting into a yelling match with a "father and son" team from chelmsford. it's like...sanford and son, but shittier. and not funny. and probably not black. fuck the flippers. all you gotta do is show up, act like a dumb person, and then low ball them into oblivion. use your assets. ha. ass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015

^ did you change your name recently, or just start posting again? I can't place who you are..."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    he posts intermittently, hasnt changed his nameYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2015

San Francisco bike commuters give community what they asked for by obeying every traffic law, gridlocking traffic and infuriating motorists.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2015

I didn't like how the article insinuates that motorists actually behave properly at stop signs, though."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I have been saying we should do that since forever, I am pleased.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2015

^^^That's awesomeI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2015 edited

It'd be a good protest in Boston (if Boston suddenly turned anti-cycling), but probably with way more death threats from drivers. We could paralyze traffic.

We could protest for better bike lanes, though."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries