Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2018

whoa"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2018

Lol, my favorite fake accountWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

end of last week that ohio farm museum job contacted my references, but they're slow as fuck, and today i was offered a 6 month job at a national park site in boston. ohio: way better career-wise but i feel like may be a bit miserable? boston: career-idling, but...boston!?!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

boston is about 3x the general price of ohio
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018 edited

you wanna talk money, i'm also in the running for a job that pays 25-28k in tampa bay (25 would be $70/mo too much for food stamps, so people earning $70 bucks a month less but getting $200+ in food stamps would actually be better off...)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    I'd probably go for the better career move but I am a Responsible Adult now (allegedly).

Do you think there would be any room to negotiate the salary?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018

Thing about Ohio is, I'm sort of afraid I'd hate both the location and the job? And then have career advanced myself in a direction I don't like =/

Don't really think the Florida one is going above 28, they called specifically to see if I was still interested in light of the range (so they KNOW it's bad?)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    Geez, like "hey just fyi we're gonna pay you fuck all, still interested?????"

Yeah just hating the location is manageable for a few years but both, maybe not.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

yep, "given that the salary range is 25-28k, are you still interested in the position?" weed-out question before to whittle the list before (the following week) setting up and having phone interviews. which...if you know your range is bullshit, just put it in the posting so people don't have to bother writing cover letters if they aren't going to accept later

got the ohio offer. should probably do it. really don't wanna. at least there's a bike shop in town? (where i was in wy, the nearest one was literally 100 miles away in laramie)
    fuuuuuuuuuuuck

(how on earth did 'too many jobs' get as stressful as 'not enough job!'??)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    I mean too many just makes you agonize over which is the Right One.

Congrats on the offer! Where in OH?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

bowling green - right outside toledo, ~hour to the detroit airport, 2 hours to columbus or cincinnatiThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    HA I have been there. A good friend of mine went to grad school at BGSU, I helped her move from Boston (15h drive with a dog and two cats) and spent a couple days there. This was...maybe 10-12 years ago but I remember that being a cool shop.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

hah good to hear i guess
    did find a coffee shop with a good used bookstore and people playing games/doing puzzles, so...that is maybe a good signThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    There's a great nature trail around there somewhere too. Although we did get handed religious pamphlets while walking it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2018

well, if you're stuck in the woods without toilet paper i guess...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    ha!

I actually enjoy reading those things, for the laughs.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2018

lol look at my bank balance on friday the 13th

real life"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    bank of the beast!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    There's a newish dockless bike share company here called Ant Bicycle...DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2018

I heard about that, it's kind of weird I guess. Mike should sue them but he's too nice."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    It's weird that it got past their lawyers. My company recently changed our name and it was crazy how many other companies we had to clear the name with.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2018

well if he's not very active anymore anyway, the bike share folk coulda decided to take the risk that he wasn't likely to sue? (i'd actually never heard of either of them until staying with pocky a week and a half ago, but the guy's touring bikes do look nice...)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    very possible

IIRC t-honks got one (which I think is how I heard of him) and it was very nice but had some substantial fit issues.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

not the ideal in a custom bike...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

That's always a risk with custom bikes and not-great communication. I know people who have gotten custom Sevens, Lynskeys, and others that end up having fit or handling issues. When it works out though it's soooooo nice, like my ANT tourer fits amazing."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018

think my brother might actually have a seven that wasn't quite right. glad yours is! =)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

bumble has a friend making setting, and it feels very weird to be, similar to the dating setting, looking at photos of women and going "is this what a friend looks like?"That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    haha

When I first moved here I had a few friends already from college, but we were all dudes and at some point we decided we needed local female friends. So we posted on Craigslist Strictly Platonic which was interesting/hilarious. We met a few cool people, nothing stuck.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

oof craiglist sounds even scarierThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2018

Guys, I'm moving to Seattle next week for a job. Feeling pretty non-stoked about it right about now, especially since I don't have a place to live yet (and my gf won't be able to join for a couple months). Also, I'm going to be driving across. Anybody know any bike folks in Seattle?!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

one of my best friends is there but is not a bike folk =/ if you're into scifi/cons/museums/knitting i could hook you up... (she makes the city sound really cool, so i'm jealous)

if you're taking 80 across, stop at the carbon county museum in rawlins, wy, and told them i said "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey" (it's the town everyone stops for gas/lunch anyway)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

also, congrats on the job? whatcha doin?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    noooooooooooooooooooo

i have a couple friends in the area, also not really bike people though

also why is it so hard/impossible to just sort my fb firends list by where they live?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2018

I'm going to be curating events and programming for a literary center. Pay is better, job is easier, and I'll be close to family. So it's not without pluses. Hope I get to experience the pluses sooner than later...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2018 edited

literary center event person, opera singer, farm museum museum-ifyer... buncha culture-related fucks up in here, for the couple people i know jobs for

(also, i hope it's great! easier and more money seems like a good start!)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2018 edited

Oh, I actually rode an Ant bike to Burlington when I was in Boston last month. I posted a review of it to BBP. Ant replied right away. (I had tagged Ant as well as ANT.) It was kind of hilarious.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Ha! How did they feel about you leaving their bike in Burlington? I was wondering if there's some kind of geofence for dockless bikes.

Good luck with the drive Rob, keep us posted!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2018

I actually rode that bike half of the way back and then threw it on the rack of an MBTA bus in Lexington for the rest of the trip back to Cambridge. So I returned it in Cambridge after all. That being said, I did see a couple of bikes in the app all the way down in Fall River. I suspect they were driven there, though. Might be the company's own shop down there, or stolen and in a chop shop, haha.

Congrats Rob -- I *love* Seattle! IIRC there's a good bike scene there. And if you get lonely, it's just a quick ride on Amtrak to go visit The Kells in Portland.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Hold up am I gonna be the only regular poster that still lives in Boston?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2018

you are going to OWN tag and brag...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    lolcryDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2018

Thanks guys! Greetings from Sheridan, Wyoming! The drive is significantly more beautiful now that I'm in the West-proper. Though Iowa was surprisingly pretty (I swung a little south so that I could drive through the town I grew up in). Took a spin through Badlands National Park yesterday. Fucking amazing.

Sorry to abandon you, Evan! But we're only renting our house, so it'll be easy to come right back if we decide west coast life isn't for us...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Haha, glad to hear things are going well. Post some pics, I'm super jealous.

Sad I never made it to Iowa while my sister and her family were there but RAGBRAI is still on my list.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2018 edited

Someone I just met a few days ago at a bike jerk thing in Rochester who just moved here from Seattle like a week ago says she can definitely tell you where the bike scene is at. Hopefully where the corgi scene is at, too. I'll get the down-low and relay it to you.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2018

Awesome, thanks! But is the "down-low" comment a corgi pejorative?! ;)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2018

CORGI PICS, PLZ."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries