Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010

Anyone got brad stevens cell #

I lost it when I changed phones.
    I know he is in nyc now.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    get waldo behind your ears'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010

dumb tattoo question: are you supposed to tip in cash or is there a place to write it in on the receipt like in a restaurant?

dumber tattoo question: how much do y'all tip?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010 edited

i can't remember getting a receipt for being tattooed? i've always tipped in cash (and also sometimes in beer when i know what the artist likes to drink). i think the artists usually prefer it that way, and i think i've always paid for the tattoo itself in cash too. the first tattoo i got, they said it was better that way and i've stuck with it. i think they didn't charge me tax because i paid in cash.

and with tipping, i guess i would say 10-20% is fair, depending on whether or not you're being hooked up and how happy/comfortable you were with the work and the session. if someone is saving me money overall, i'm going to give them extra in the tip. i tried to ask my friend once after he did the first round on my back what was fair but he wouldn't name a price. it would have made me feel better, there doesn't seem to be a consensus, but he just said that tips are extra and at every person's discretion. if i remember, tammy said she tips really really well, other people have told me $20/session but they were getting tattooed biweekly by the same person and would throw in food before getting started too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010

cash money everytimewww.kingstonphoto.net
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010 edited

I put it on the card and have a hefty pile of cash for tipping.
    I'm not really into the idea of rolling around with more than $150 in cash on me at any one time.
    Not because I'm worried about getting rolled, but because I'm worried about losing it.
    Also, why shouldn't I nab some points on my Amex while I'm at it?

Psyched to have an appointment Thursday.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010

www.kingstonphoto.net
    Does Dan Bones work in a shop? Everything by him in the other thread made me happy, so I think I'm going to throw some pictures on my wall and some cash in a sock for a tattoo later in fall.
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010

^I don't know the guy, but as far as I can remember from thread chatter, he doesn't work in a shop, just has the equipment in his apartment and does it for fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

Apartments are def more fun than shops. Especially when you can watch black metal videos instead of listening to the crap on someone elses ipod.Fuck yeah.
    he does work at a shop now, just started a little while ago, not sure which one though. Before that he just worked out of his apartment.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    cdrebbel:Apartments are def more fun than shops. Especially when you can watch black metal videos instead of listening to the crap on someone elses ipod.

agreed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited

^Man, you just have to go to a cool enough shop.The guy I got my last two from had about 50 DVDs on his shelf and suggested that I plug in my own ipod. We watched Scarface and listened to Goodie Mob.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Dan works at...i dont remember but just email him. hes legit.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

josh_truant:Does Dan Bones work in a shop?

lucky wolf in nyc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010

kilgore_trout:
    cdrebbel:Apartments are def more fun than shops. Especially when you can watch black metal videos instead of listening to the crap on someone elses ipod.

agreed!

He said you were coming in a little later after me, did you guys watch the Gorgoroth DVD? Cause that's what we did.Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2010

www.kingstonphoto.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2010

ratattack:
    josh_truant:Does Dan Bones work in a shop?

lucky wolf in nyc.

I just got work done there. Not by dan, by this dude jon. Good shop, good people.dongpincher 1000
    wow that rainbow chard looks amazingYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    that whole vegetable sleeve is pretty mind blowing.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010

www.kingstonphoto.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010

^that is fantastic, the bird is amazing.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010

looks good!www.kingstonphoto.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010 edited

It's pretty.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

www.kingstonphoto.net
    off the map is awesome, i had some old friends there for a while. basically anywhere that isn't luckys (northampton) is good though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010

www.kingstonphoto.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010

www.kingstonphoto.net
    well fuck.

i quit.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    some recent stuff i've done:

trying to build up a modest portfolio in this style. linework!flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    Hey Broseph, we ever gonna figure out the T.S.B. ink?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010

Yes.
    [Ahem.]

Anyone of you want to design something for us and get immortalized as the official Team Slow Bike tattoo artist?
    We have a few ideas, but we're easily influenced.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorBrycePops
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010

hey joe...my roommate does tattoos. He did the blacklight sensitive turn signals on my lower calves. He's full of great ideas! I'll mention it to him
    ^that's awesomesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010

is this tattoo thread for whites only or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkingston
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010 edited

www.kingstonphoto.net
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010

joeyfresh, MPH:Yes.
    [Ahem.]

Anyone of you want to design something for us and get immortalized as the official Team Slow Bike tattoo artist?
    We have a few ideas, but we're easily influenced.

i give good stick-n-pokes, or so i'm told

if it's a simple thing i could do it

dunno how youse guys feel about the ole prison style, tho ;)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    that skull rocks my socks'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    ^^you can stick and poke me anytime, sweet thang.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    new flash sheet i'm putting together.
    flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010

holy crap, dan. so ridiculous.

also, i'll email you. forgot till now. i'm maybe more forgetful than you are.
    Thanks! I've been avoiding color for a long, long time now. I'm just not comfortable with it, but I'm forcing myself to get over it like a redheaded ex girlfriend.

I have a third piece to put on this sheet that isn't finished yet, but I've got a lot on my plate this week. I also did a rib piece today that said "fuck school".

Fun stuff!flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    dont you have a redheaded exgf?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    man you are skilled.
    alex carlson wuld be real proud of that skullsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Aw, thanks! That's very kind of you.

And I do have a red headed ex, that's why it's funny! Maybe it's not funny?? It was supposed to be funny... Aw, hell.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    i thought it was funny.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    your color skills are fantastic, dan'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010

Holy shit I want that squid skull thing.. Nice stuff bonesEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010 edited

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.