Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010 edited

Not totally clear yet; seems to be just breaking.

Three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador has been "formally and provisionally suspended" by cycling's governing body after he tested positive for a banned steroid during this year's race [Tour de France].

Contador's A and B samples tested positive for clenbuterol, but Union Cycliste Internationale said Contador had a "very small concentration" of the banned substance in his urine.

Jacinto Vidarte, Contador's publicist, said the substance was found in a test taken July 21. Contador has blamed food contamination as the only possible explanation. (AP)
    -- Source

A little more info here, but if anything this article just confuses me more.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    also ricardo ricco's place just got raided (again) and unknown/unmarked pills were found...way to learn your lesson the first time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010

what is this? dubai airport security?
    • CommentAuthortristan

"very small concentration" = 50 picograms. That is very small.

Also, Clenbuterol is apparently not actually a steroid - its a stimulant along the same lines as ephedrine. At any rate, it sucks to have yet another scandal in cycling.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Nuggetross:what is this? dubai airport security?

How do they find this shit? microscopes?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

It has anabolic properties.

Also this is a super easy one to get a scrip for.
    Lots of pros have this and are waivered.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

anybody know where to get some of these bike racin' drugs? i'd like to take some and go fast. i'm slow. fuck it. i ain't gonna get tested. i'll take 'em. but do they give you little nuts and back acne? cuz if so, maybe not.

any experts here?
    depends on what drugs you take. you wanna get stronger, go longer, or recover faster?joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    figures. ^
    ^ i would suggest all three for you.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    I knew you wanted to get with me.
    doesn't everybody?joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

So Lance wins!! (right?)IRO-Torro
    schleck would get the win, like he should've.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    • CommentAuthortristan

39 seconds!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    dropped chain!joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

I think that baby's juicin'IRO-Torro
    • CommentAuthorben

I don't like kids.

^^But I like that one.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    that kid could work as a bouncer with me and joe.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    • CommentAuthorMcallister

So stupid why would you even start a thread on this!? Waste of time, done with, over rated, he is a badass its as simple as that.
    I read somewhere last night that some other athlete had tested positive for trace amounts of clenbuterol, and they thought it was from a contaminated nutritional supplement.

I know some reports have made it sound like Contador will be on the hook regardless of culpability, but I suspect this might all go away if none of his other labs show a problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

where can i get these drugs?
    not all banned substances are steroids.

brunop, go talk to former pro johnathan chodroff, he purchased all his EPO and enhancing drugs online and had them shipped to his moms house.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

I stand by my juicing comment as a solid punIRO-Torro
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

kilgore_trout:not all banned substances are steroids.

brunop, go talk to former pro johnathan chodroff, he purchased all his EPO and enhancing drugs online and had them shipped to his moms house.

my moms'd do dat for me. for real. i'ma mind to experiment wif dem shits. how bad could it be? EPO? check. and all dat other shit? yeah boy.

but will all that shrink a man's sack? or give a man backne? or make a man beat the holy hell outta his gf?

is it worth it? for just riding around town?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

Refer to thonk's sigging of your post from awhile back and the shitting your pants. Just food for thought.Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^huh?
    Photo of a pro cyclist with some bowel control issues I think.
    brunop:
    kilgore_trout:not all banned substances are steroids.

my moms'd do dat for me. for real. i'ma mind to experiment wif dem shits. how bad could it be? EPO? check. and all dat other shit? yeah boy.

but will all that shrink a man's sack? or give a man backne? or make a man beat the holy hell outta his gf?

is it worth it? for just riding around town?

i believe some guy out there did his own 'study' where he took most of the drugs on the market and recorded their results. said it made him really fast and great at recovering, but the side effect and coming off of them really fucked him up. i can't find the artlice though.
    • CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010 edited

I think it's accepted that anyone that can compete at that level HAS to be taking some sort of supplement. What I don't understand is how someone's eligibility for winning can be based on how crafty he is. Let's be honest; the dude in second place was doping JUST as much as the dude in first place. A better solution would be if the blood samples don't show up positive before the race, let it ride. As testing gets better, ALL blood samples will show up positive. Might as well let the technology of the time be the decisive aspect, as opposed to the future tech's ability to detect doping.I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010

What I don't understand is the timing of this article. Does it really take 10+ weeks to get lab results back?We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010 edited

Jeremiah:I stand by my juicing comment as a solid pun

I appreciated it.

Nop, what they say is true. One of my best friends (not for cycling) did that once just to get over the hump and lose his first 30 lbs to get back in fighting shape. He didn't think he was ever going to compete again, but just in case he has them shipped to my place. Google search whatever you want and you can have it next day air if you want.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    no, he was already notified. what they do is they test the A sample. let you know what the result was and hear your excuse. then they test the B sample and let you know the result and hear your excuse. then they take your excuse into advisement, make a ruling, then tell velonews.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    joeyfresh, MPH:
    Jeremiah:I stand by my juicing comment as a solid pun

I appreciated it.

Nop, what they say is true. One of my best friends (not for cycling) did that once just to get over the hump and lose his first 30 lbs to get back in fighting shape. He didn't think he was ever going to compete again, but just in case he has them shipped to my place. Google search whatever you want and you can have it next day air if you want.

it's really really easy to get them, i payed high school football in florida. i know from personal experience.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    Sometimes lab results do take forever to come back. Except on CSI.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

Thank you Joe; all I want is a pat on the back now ande then.

And, for the record, I would take steroids if it meant I could fit into a suit off the rack. Damn body.IRO-Torro
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010 edited

^Try having a neck and leg muscles that designers think you should be at least 6'2" to have. It's all skinny "my girlfriend told me to stop wearing her jeans so now I have to buy my own" jeans or middle aged "jesus christ, I just realized Ben and Jerry's and chocolate croissants aren't fat free, fuck" fatass Dockers pants. It's as shameful as a money shot to the baby jesus's face.

But to make up for my pain, I'd rather do damage to the designers' bodies than to my own.

And, you're welcome. I think that, on a fundamental level, we all just work for the occasional thumbs up from our peers.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^haha! nice one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

Hahaha!

Tee's are either poncho's or belly shirts on me -- nobody wants to see a pale, hairy belly. Except maybe on Savant Project's Daddy Issues night, but I don't need THAT much recognition.

Looks like we hijacked the thread. whoops.IRO-Torro
    I'm not sure exactly how I feel about doping in pro sports. I mean, these people are already super beings at what they do, and we watch them because they are the best at what they do, and we admire them for that, and enjoy watching them compete with other people who are the best at the sport. The average person will never be able to compete. What's wrong with making these super beings a little more super?Girls on bikes really turn my crank
    because it's a slippery slope of body modification that ends with our high school teachers becoming homicidal robots. that's why.

according to the documentary: Class of 1999You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010

StreetTumbler:I'm not sure exactly how I feel about doping in pro sports. I mean, these people are already super beings at what they do, and we watch them because they are the best at what they do, and we admire them for that, and enjoy watching them compete with other people who are the best at the sport. The average person will never be able to compete. What's wrong with making these super beings a little more super?

zacklee, bro. like take ol' 'nop fer 'xample. dude's a freak o' nature. so i may very well dope. ya can't tell one way or t'other. but then my shit's at the next LEVEL. nahmean? bein' a superbein' and all. bein' the best at what i do and shit. and yall admire my skinny ass for dat! and enjoy watchin' my ass beat up on all then other cats and their fine asses! yall average bitches'll never EVER be able to compete wif ol' 'nop and his doped up cohort of slimhipped and sloe-eyed dudes. yall bettah know dat! (da ladies certainly do!). so what's wrong wif my superior ass enhancin' it wif drugs? huh?
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010

A test new to the antidoping movement was used for the first time at the Tour de France last summer, and now it appears that the three-time Tour winner Alberto Contador — who tested positive for a banned drug at the race — may have more explaining to do.

That new test detects a specific type of chemical, called a plasticizer, that is found in plastic IV bags. Evidence of that chemical in an athlete’s urine could mean the athlete has used a blood transfusion to boost endurance. The World Anti-Doping Agency bans blood transfusions or any intravenous infusions, except in a medical emergency.

A test performed on at least one of Contador’s urine samples from the Tour revealed levels of that chemical eight times higher than the minimum amount that signifies doping, according to a person with knowledge of the test results.
    -- NYTimesI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    paul jameson:because it's a slippery slope of body modification that ends with our high school teachers becoming homicidal robots. that's why.

according to the documentary: Class of 1999

Wow. . . I watched this movie.[all your base are belong to us]
    It's no Class of 1985, but it's pretty damn good. aparently there's a Class of 1999 2 also.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010 edited

ben:
    That new test detects a specific type of chemical, called a plasticizer, that is found in plastic IV bags. Evidence of that chemical in an athlete’s urine could mean the athlete has used a blood transfusion to boost endurance. The World Anti-Doping Agency bans blood transfusions or any intravenous infusions, except in a medical emergency.
    -- NYTimes

yeah, but plasticizers are in damn near everything, in wildly varying amounts. dude woln't have to reference tainted meat to explain that one away.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010

I had a dream last night where I helped run a race he was in. Afterwards I met him, and he was a really cool guy (I doubt this is actually true). In my dream, I made sure to grab pictures to be sure it happened. Then I had a really crazy conversation about this whole doping thing going on. Then I woke up. And checked my phone for the pictures...

...I am disappoint.I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.