Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Ddee-rail-ee-yurzz.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

chr|s sedition:I hate derailleurs. And French stuff.
    Remember when the E-line derailed last year? That was pretty cool. I don't think anyone got hurt in that one, or yesterday's.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    You mean the time ehen the guy was ejected through the side door on park st, got up, then laid back down?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    No, that one was underground. I mean the one above-ground on Huntington where they had to bring in two huge cranes to get the trains up.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Related question: have any of you people been on a train/in a plane/on a boat that expirenced a slightly major malfunction?
    The most recent flight i was on we lost about 1000ft of altitude over the span of about 5 seconds. I've never been so sure I was going to die in my life. Minus that time i did actually die briefly but that was very slow and awful and i didn't know what was going on.
    I've also been on a plane that blew a tire landing and fish tailed across the runway. That was pretty terrifying.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013

killersim:I've never been so sure I was going to die in my life. Minus that time i did actually die briefly but that was very slow and awful and i didn't know what was going on.

Huuuuh? That sounds terrible.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Damn dude
    •  
      CommentAuthorOG killersim
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013 edited

I got blood poisoning when I was 13 on a family vacation in Egypt. Over the course of 3 days i went from being totally fine to throwing up everything, becoming horribly dehydrated, and at one point had a fever of 105. Even before I 'died' the doctor told my mother that even if i came back, I would have serious internal organ damage or brain damage. After a last ditch effort they doctors gave me a drug cocktail that brought me back to normal but then I was sick for weeks because it was basically an overdose of drugs. Yet here I am, healthy and strong as ever.

Pro tip: Don't drink the water.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    My schoolbus backed into a mailbox once when i was in 6th grade, true story.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

When I was a kid, I was on my dad's 27' Mako heading back up the river with him to get home after dark. He had a tuna tower on top that he'd won in a sportfishing tournament and I was in it about 10 feet off the deck of the boat. We hit the stump of a pylon that had broken off at the waterline and I smashed against the aluminum so hard I'm pretty sure I got a concussion. No hole in the hull, no broken bones. We limped home. Scary as fuck.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

I was on a city bus in North Carolina and a car ran into its side view mirror. The passengers all had to stay on the (very hot) bus for about an hour until an official came and took statements from everyone.
    I've been on extremely turbulent flights and flights with sketchy landings (including one or two where the pilot pulled up at almost the last second and went around for a re-do). I have also fallen out of boats and partially swamped a canoe.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I was driving my friend's van once while baked out and I hit a mailbox."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

HEY GUYS I WAS ON HALLUCINOGENICS ONCE AND I THOUGHT ID RUN OUT OF CIGARETTES FOR LIKE AN HOUR AND THEN I REALIZED THERE WAS A FULL PACK IN MY POCKET

Some of these stories blow.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

One time I thought I had to fart but I pooped instead."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    True story a friend of mine was late for band camp because he thought he had to shart and he was in the shower so he went for it, but it was a full poop and it took him a long time to clean it up and then he got pulled over for speeding.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

One time I was on this space shuttle but it blew up
    /threadDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Also, full poop
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

One time my brother's friend pooped in our stairs down to the basement when he was black out drunk. This was after he threw up Chinese food in the kitchen sink but before he puked all over my dad's office then passed out with his pants around his ankles."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I'm changing the subject to close calls with death, because METAL. Here's mine:

I got trapped between two box trucks once when I was a messenger. One was parked and one started moving, cutting off the exit just as I was angling through the gap. I was pounding the side to get the driver to notice but he just kept driving, squeezing my body into whatever tiny space remained and inching myself and my bike closer to its moving wheels. I could feel my ribcage squeezing between the two trucks. Thought for sure it was the end. Finally, the force of the accelerating truck squirted me out the other side, shaken and sore but otherwise uninjured. That was as close to dying as I've ever come. Felt pretty stupid to have made such a rook mistake but it seemed like the best line and neither truck was moving when I started the cut-through.

I also got food poisoning in Mexico once. But that just made me want to die. Pro tip: Don't eat salad greens in Mexico City...they've been washed in the bad water.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick

I tried to splash a bunch of geese off the end of the dock when i was 5ish, fell in, couldnt swim, my 8 yr old brother was the only person nearby and pulled me out.

Evan's friend's is my favorite. and alex and rob, damn yo.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    When I was probably 8 or 10 I was on an ATV/four-wheeler that flipped over after hitting a 4-5ft diameter hole at speed (my 16yo cousin was driving us). I woulda gotten pinned under it, except that the hole was conical and I fit in the bottom and the atv caught the edges. It happened too fast to be scary for me, but my brother apparently thought I was dead for a few moments.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I shot someone with a WWII anti-tank cannon in front of hundreds of spectators. Made international news. Shell casing hit him in the leg, .25 inches more to the right, and he would have been dead. Well, I wasn't actually the one shooting the cannon, but I was about 7 feet from it when it happened. Horrific experience that I will never forget. Huge chunk of his leg, just...gone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012011/Man-shot-cannon-pretending-German-July-4-WW2-reenactment.htmlAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I almost bit it once from nodding off while driving 90ish mph. Don't drive tired, bros.

Also in Mexico you can drink not water but if you get ice in it you can still get fucked and that sucks.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Yesterday I rented a car to pick up a black and white enlarger in Worcester, and on the highway some dickface nearly caused an accident by jerking towards me without paying attention at like 75mph. Almost shit myself. Not really. Cars are scary."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Was in a head on collision while playing chicken (I wasn't driving). I was in a tiny corola and the other car was a full size ford SUV. It drove over the hood of the corola, on my side. Only got a bump on the head and small piece of glass in the bridge of my nose. No major injuries for the other 2 involved either. I miss my exciting teenage years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

I was snowboarding one time, zipping down a really narrow backwoods run. Just as I came to a road running perpendicular to the slope, there was a ~10 foot drop, which I bombed, but suddenly got caught on something... the nose of my board posted and I sprawled onto the road, and as I did I heard a ZZZAP! and then a VERY loud humming.

The "something" I hit was a deer carcass. The ZZZAP! was snow hitting a live power line that had fallen across the road (hence the humming), and my head landed literally (actually literally, not figuratively literally) inches from the wire. I was *this close* to ending up fried like that deer.
    ^ WHOA.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chr|s sedition:^^ WHOA.
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013

from facebook
    watMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo

I just looked it up in a reverse image search, it's a Simpson Chain from 1895.
    Wikipedia says "Simpson made claims, widely discredited, that the levers of this chain provided a mechanical advantage that could amplify energy produced by the cyclist." I guess the modern day equivalent would be the absurd Z-Torque Bent Crank.
    Someone needs to make one of those but it's blades instead of lame triangles.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    i wonder if a chainsaw chain would fit over a chainring...'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I just looked, doesn't look like it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

•  
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013 edited

A builder did that chainsaw bit for nahbs, it was the zombie bike

Edit:beaten to the punchsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

killersim:i wonder if a chainsaw chain would fit over a chainring...
    I'm so glad we're friends.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

That chain looks so heavy."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    CANNOT BE BROKEN WITH SCISSORSDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013

Tram in Melbourne, Australia was hit by lightening nearby the zoo. clap/bang/boom, and it just shut down. The top-wire-connector-thing was all black but everything was fine inside. Had to walk hella far in the rain.
    sourman:Tram in Melbourne, Australia was hit by lightening nearby the zoo. clap/bang/boom, and it just shut down. The top-wire-connector-thing was all black but everything was fine inside. Had to walk hella far in the rain.

this reminds me. when i was like 5 i was being driven through watertown and i witnessed one of the electric busses explode where the wires touch the top thing on the bus. its been 12 years and its still vivid in my mind
    joeyfresh:When I was a kid, I was on my dad's 27' Mako

mako's are sick boats. first time i went sharking was on a 23 center console mako like 30 miles offshorethis life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013

Just saw a guy pass by on Somerville Ave with drop bars installed upside down AND backwards. He was steering with one hand by holding on to the brake lever!
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013 edited

Improvised cruiser bars?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013

seanile mick:Improvised cruiser bars?

I guess so. Looked pretty dangerous, assuming that the brake lever was actually hooked up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013

fancymolding:
    joeyfresh:When I was a kid, I was on my dad's 27' Mako

mako's are sick boats. first time i went sharking was on a 23 center console mako like 30 miles offshore
    [DAP]We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks

spotted in coolidge corner.....wtf is going on here....