Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

hahahahaahahahahaha holy shitNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013

I kind of like it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Just doesnt look safe
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Explain.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    The cables are coming out of the right-hand lever at an awful sharp angle. Looks like the cable/housing are gonna be kinked. also, it doesn't look like it has enough room to properly pull the cable.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorben

I hate it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    What ISN'T going on there?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2013

finally they made one in Nuggestross' size
    • CommentAuthorben

Make me wonder what size the seatpost is on that thing.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^^now you're making fun of my peeeeeeen!? nooooooooooooooo
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2013

I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    the last 3 pictures on this thread make me laugh so damn hard.
    ^wtf is the shark fin looking thing coming off the rear reflector/ brake?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorben

Looks like one of those BMW shark fin radio receivers.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

^^^ That looks like the Belmont Wheelworks, which is about 3 blocks from my house... HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BIKE IN PERSON YET???
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013

Can confirm that it's Belmont. This is also at least the 2nd time it's been in the shop (2nd time that a friend was around to photograph it, anyway).

Also, consensus is the HEDs are knockoffs because the valve stem location is wrong, and the decals are under the clearcoat (apparently they're always on top on legit HEDs).I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2013

Saw this mailbox in Carlisle today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2013

Excellent use for a Crack'n'fail!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2013

Nuggetross:^^now you're making fun of my peeeeeeen!? nooooooooooooooo

hahahahaha
    i totally read that in the dave voice

^^that is sweet!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013

New dura ace rear wheels have 21h rims
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    The Cask of Amontgirallffo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2014

Wait.. what? Spotted on Mass Ave in N Cambridge recently.
    never seen bum bars before?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014 edited

What is this frame and rear mech?

photo harrisbannerbrompt_zps20cf076b.jpg

Got to be some sort of fixed multi-cog system. Looks like the inner pulley somehow moves the chain, and the outer pulley is just for tension.
    It's a folding bike, the doodad in the rear is to keep chain tension while folding the bike. Looks like a brompton?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

Oh shit, yeah... Hard to tell with out the entire picture.
    • CommentAuthormfratt

Who the hell puts DA cranks on a folding bike?
    mfratt:Who the hell puts DA cranks on a folding bike?

It's a brompton, they can get hella spendyTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^^Sheldon Brown?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

didn't you post a photo of a schwinn letour with omniums on it?
    ^^HAHA

probablyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthormfratt

rock death:
    didn't you post a photo of a schwinn letour with omniums on it?

Fuji Special Road Racer, TYVM

o_o
    Stormy Arthur:

It's a brompton, they can get hella spendy

dude brought a brompton into UA one time and said he spent like 4 grand...I was aghast.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt

Reminds me of that folding bike guy who I think used to hang out in the Newtowne Market park in front of Grendel's (I seem to remember he said he designed Merlin's logo, or somebody's logo anyway)... he had some ridiculous folding bike with ceramic bearing BB, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

The Merlin logo is one of the best bike logos ever designed.

Folding bikes are sweet tho
    Cheez:

Reminds me of that folding bike guy who I think used to hang out in the Newtowne Market park in front of Grendel's (I seem to remember he said he designed Merlin's logo, or somebody's logo anyway)... he had some ridiculous folding bike with ceramic bearing BB, etc.

What is his name Marc? He was an engineer for Merlin. Martin, he is Martin. Uncle Marty panty sniffer, guy got caught going thru other folks lockers at Merlin and smelling their undies. He works in the aerospace industry now.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014 edited

...'Cause in the aerospace industry, underpants-sniffing fetishes are totally normal.

Craigglesofdoom:dude brought a brompton into UA one time and said he spent like 4 grand...I was aghast.

There's some guy on eBay who's always trying to sell NOS Fuji Marlboros for Buy-It-Now $3999. Speaking of Fuji Marlboros, dem bars! (And speaking of which...)::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

lol wut

SE Draft with carbon fork, ceramic bb, etc.

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014

this new Nissan ad features an alleycat race is progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiprDsiDvIQ
    Genius, show someone driving your car having an elaborate fantasy about how much sweeter their commute would be by bike.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014

^^^When upgrading goes way too far."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    FANTASY DO NOT ATTEMPTDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014 edited

The Shark -- the first saddle that actually intentionally goes IN YOUR ASS:
    http://www.essax.eu/shark-the-necessary-evolution-of-the-saddle/

From the FAQ:

Is it uncomfortable?

The fin seems at first sight an aggressive element that will hurt us when we are pedaling. But this is not like this, if the rider is well positioned on the saddle the fin is imperceptible. If we feel the fin than we know that we are not well seated on the asddle! Than we know we have moved away from our optimal point of support, this is the kinesthetic value of the SHARK.

Bike Snob's article about it is pretty hilarious.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2014

we were having a debate whether, if you had diarrhea while riding your bike, you'd continue riding and poop yourself or pull over and poop on the street in front of onlookers galore. this saddle makes the former even more interesting

you know what, i'm going to cross post to the DQ thread to take a pollMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    i dont understand how thats supposed to work with bib shortssomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^interesting cuz i thought that saddle assumed everyone was wearing spandex. i don't understand how that saddle would work with jeans. i think it'd just wear a hole in your jeans' butt like, REAL quickMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

omg take my $$
    • CommentAuthortristan

ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Jesus Christ. Just put a 12" purple sparkle dildo on your saddle. I know Sean has one. We all saw it a Secret Satan.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Jet black, not purple sparkle. Get your fistildos right.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.