Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015

Anyone want some slick metal to top tube yourself on a rainy day on?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Why is there a weird bump in itNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015

My first thought: Why are those flasks shaped like pedals?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2015 edited

My first thought: When did Phil Wood make flasks? WANT.

Clips and straps with slotted cleat retention, yo. DO YOU EVEN CLIP, BRO?
     photo 100_1574.jpg
    The lip and dip is where the cleat slot engages, and the bump brings the level up to where the front of the sole rests. Unless you're talking about the thin bump on the crank-side of the pedal, in which case I'm not sure. Side-slip guard?

Interestingly, the CHP actually stands for "California Highway Patrol"::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2015

nerdo:My first thought: Why are those flasks shaped like pedals?

My first thought: why did they put a reflector on a flask?I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2015

Those Phil pedals kinda sucked, there were two pairs kicking around Cambridge Bicycle for years...
    nerdo:My first thought: Why are those flasks shaped like pedals?

EXACT same thought. Now THERE is a product someone needs to mfg.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    This is at work right now. I. Died.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    oh, myDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Whoa that's some radical fork design!

Oh wait it's just backwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

There are so many great things about this picture.

Please tell me this is for some sort of Stoli BoldSprints event.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

I like the barf bucket. You know, just in case you ride that thing too hard.

Or look at it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    my old roommates had an old shitty roadmaster 3 speed on a trainer that hannah could use in ten minute bursts to exercise.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

$375 Porsche toddler bike (worth $500!)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Love the lil big applesYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015

How does the bottom bracket mount to the push-bike version? Through a bolt in the downtube?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015

That fork is backwards, or it just my vodka glasses?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015

You guys, read the description on this bicycle. This is a bicycle that measures ST- 41.5, TT- 46.5, not like some toddler shit:

"Marriage, job, and wicked hangovers are some of the better-known slings & arrows of modern American life, the sorts of things that should keep you from today’s interval session or tomorrow’s crit. But once you make the discovery (conscious or not) that, by God, life is unlivable if you don’t view yourself – at your essential core – as a bike racer, seemingly nothing will interfere with your daily rendezvous with pain-on-two-wheels. We say seemingly, though, because there’s one complication that might indeed kill that elemental need to ride: fatherhood. We’re not talking newborns here, not even toddler stage. Most moms stay in control-freak mode through the early years, and that should suit you fine because it gives you sufficient time for training & road trips to races. But when kids hit 6 or 7…that’s when everything changes. Daddy, your kids are true little humans by then. It’s full-on interaction, and they need you as Dad in a way that goes beyond your paycheck or your ability to make their breakfast. By 6 or 7 it’s interactive with far richer complexity and joy. There’s real dialogue there and, for once, engagement is a two-way street. It’s a blast, and as far as we’re concerned, there’s an importance to it – not to diminish the importance of what you’re doing when they’re 2 and they’re babbling and your wife’s maternal instincts save the day every day – that dads can easily sync into.

This is when training and racing will probably start to make less sense to you. The long hours on the bike seem less gratifying than what you’ll get from 30 minutes riding with your child. The fact that you’re riding together – sharing the act that for so long defined your sense of self-hood – it’s an act of love like little else. Given its power, don’t blow it by letting your child ride knobby-tired trash. Teach them selflessness, teach them generosity, teach them empathy, and teach them to have zero tolerance for crappy bikes. If you love our beautiful sport, and if you love your child, this is the only bike you’d ever permit Pinarello FP 0 Kid's Complete Bike Detailthem to ride from ages 7-14. The Pinarello FP0 will be the bedrock lesson of their life: Even if their legs and lungs top out at Cat 3-quality, looking PRO is every bit as important as actually being fast. This is a kids bike, sure, but its Pinarello style comes through stunningly.

The FP0 is made from triple-butted 6061-T6 aluminum, basically the same stuff pros were winning the Tour de France on in the late 90’s. The fork is made from the same 6061 alloy and is painted to match. The drivetrain package is Shimano 2300 8-speed, and the saddle, seatpost, bar, and stem are all Pinarello MOst. Since the Formula wheels are 24” they’ll fit kids from age 7 or 8, all the way ‘til they’re ready for a grown-up sized road bike when they’re 14-ish. This bike is serious business, and all you’ll need to add is a bottle cage and pedals. The FP0 is available in White/blue or White/red.

Curved fork blade creates a smooth ride, but not at the cost of crisp handling
    Kenda Kone EP7 tires are slightly wider for increased contact with the pavement to maintain optimal grip
    Junior-range gearing gives offers the ability to climb telephone poles without injuring developing muscles and joints""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015

Where is that from?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015

Competitive Cyclist, but it sounds pretty Pinarello-y."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    J. Peterman catalog, obvsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Wow.

I'm not even sure where to start with that.

I suppose it says a lot about who they think their target audience is.
    Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but don't kids become "true little human beings" at more like 4?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015 edited

Yeah, but you're an overpaid middle aged doper who forced his partner to do all the child raising work because you're too busy "training", sure you think that children start becoming sentient when they're 4 and a half feet tall, you're almost completely detached from reality. If you keep drinking yourself into a stupor every night and neglect them, they'll start to realize what a shitbag you are! Throw money at them."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

^^ well yes, but 6-7 is considered when they reach the "age of reason" - obtain morality and a better understanding (or give a fuck) of the world around them.We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

You know that Dad is just going to find some way to blame Mom when little Lance gets beaten up by bigger boys who steal that thing from him.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    lol, Andy obviously has the same internal monologue that I doi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Seriously, the description of that bicycle is the best birth control. Suddenly I hate parents and think the human race should just die out."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    lawlDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2015 edited

^^ The cure for that is rewatching the video in the TIL thread of Devon and his Dora The Explorer fixie.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2015

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015

Wait, whatI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

A vagylophone?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

^lol

Click on the pic to see the website."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015 edited

The best part of that website is the 1895 medical journal article: http://mantasaddle.co.uk/the-saddle-of-the-ladys-bicycle/
    "The position is an unnatural one, and may, combined with the incessant movement of the legs, cause irritation and discomfort, if not more serious mischief. The correct saddle has yet to be devised for women bicyclists, and it would be well for bicycle manufacturers to give their attention to this detail."
    IF NOT MORE SERIOUS MISCHIEF::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I feel like the most appealing part of that thing is sitting on a hard ridge. That doesn't look like it'd cause serious mischief at all."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:I feel like the most appealing part of that thing is sitting on a hard ridge. That doesn't look like it'd cause serious mischief at all.

My thoughts exactly.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015 edited

When cyclists ride on bumpy roads, Auto-Complain notifies government agencies with app and visual cues

As if government agencies needed a reason to hate us more than they already do.
    Why not just walk into City Hall and take a dump on the floor? That would accomplish the same thing, and be much more fun.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

Or...orrr hear me out. We go and paint penises...I think this > city hall dump + likely penalty
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

^You mean Wanksy?

Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

His work is a 'stroke' of genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015

WAIT, WHAT?

ULTIMATE DORK MACHINE. A travel bike that can be a single or tandem."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2015

That's pretty incredible, though I question the situations in which it would be very useful?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I LOVE BIKES WITH ZERO CLEARANCEWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthortristan

ben:That's pretty incredible, though I question the situations in which it would be very useful?

I I hate to beat this joke into the ground, but its so each can take half after the divorce.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan

jk i love that particular tandem joke.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2015

...or one person gets a whole bike and the other gets some tubes. Or maybe it's for single people who ride around looking for buddies to ride with?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    So you don't have to be the forever alone tandem when your lovie is le tired.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2015

D'aww, that's it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

Alenax Transbar lever drive bicycle in Rochester for $200.

Here's one in action:
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus