Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2020

a_lion:that's true, and we are very small so there's no room for promotions, but also she'd be taking us from 0 to...stuff, which some people might value? i know at her current job, she is doing more setting up conference rooms n shit than she expected, wants to be doing all farming, which is what she'd do with us...

so we interviewed this lady yesterday and in person she was great and all our concerns disappeared, and i was eager to hire her. then we interviewed a local guy (who also can only interview nights and weekends, wtf people) and he has a lot more local knowledge, and just superb local connections, but mega sucks at communications, so i offered it to her, aaand i've got an email saying thx but unless there's wiggle room in the salary, nah. frig. this is a position i supervise and it earns the same damn salary as i do, so...uh, no. so now i have to convince myself to be glad we're getting the guy who will be, admittedly, wildly useful, but can't communicate an idea without 72 "obviously"s and some vague non-answer words that don't address the question.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

might be a good opportunity for that guy to learn some communication skillz tho"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

yeah, gonna talk to my boss about what sort of trainings we could send him to.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t

That would obviously do him some good.
    These kind of situations are often blessings in disguise, we've had offers rejected multiple times only to find someone who's better in the end anyway.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2020

"hey come on in but also gonna pay for you to join toastmasters" sounds awkwarddd but something like thatThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2020

Maybe he becomes a bad communicator when nervous? This has definitely happened to me in interviews.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2020

he was so enthused, i dunno if he could even feel nerves, but we'll see once he gets started i guessThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    That sounds like something that can be ironed out if he's willing.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2020 edited

Also TODAY I LOLED, but I made it through almost my entire spin class yesterday without noticing that I forgot to put the riser block under my front wheel. The coach has us use one because trainers keep the rear wheel slightly off the ground, which I guess puts excess pressure on your junk from being pointed downward unless corrected by a riser block. So I grabbed my block just in time for the last interval, and the coach was like, “I thought you were trying a new method of (male) birth control”.
    Aw who doesn't like a little pressure on their junk?

But yeah my trainer is v uncomfortable without the riser block. Not that I ever use my trainer.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2020

I prefer rollers to trainers but I prefer actual riding to both.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2020

i just stack a few phone books under the front tire