Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

At work. Just saw a guy try to throw himself in front of about 6 cars, 3 taxis (got on the hood of each), and a MBTA bus. Tried to get inside each after the slowed down/stopped. Middle of Columbus Ave. #WTF!?! #methbenderAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^saw a similar thing on Dalton about three years ago.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^also sounds like one of my bike rides to work when I am running late. :)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013

I'm too lazy to watch the video, but charging? Angling the light for different bike geometries?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

as far as i noticed the video didn't address either of those things, and the guy in it seemed to think you had a full minute to just watch his hair blow in the breeze as he rode around in traffic without a helmet (not that i've never done that, but not in a video where i talk about lights for safety reasons?!)
    I think my favorite part is where all the design blogs love it but no bike blogs have mentioned it.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

^^all drops should point toward the rear bridge no??
    (and also if they're LED then they're not really directional are they? that's what i think anyway)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

"Track your bike from anywhere" -- Weren't we just having this conversation?
    • CommentAuthorben

JimmyJ:^^all drops should point toward the rear bridge no??
    (and also if they're LED then they're not really directional are they? that's what i think anyway)
    This is a bar/stem combo. You can't adjust the tilt.

Plus I always heard they should point toward the rear dropouts, so even if the people buying these did know a rule of thumb to go by (which they don't), and even if they could adjust the bars, which they can't, they'd still end up with their lights pointing in different directions.

And of course you want to be able to direct it - 500 lumens in the eyes of drivers is dangerous, and 500 lumens shining immediately down on the road in front of you is useless.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I didn't really read it but did they account for different ht/steerer diameters in their "fits any bike" thing?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013 edited

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

PAUL WE'RE FIGHTINGMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

surprisefries:I didn't really read it but did they account for different ht/steerer diameters in their "fits any bike" thing?

42cm. 28.5 clamp (the most common size).
    dora:PAUL WE'RE FIGHTING

Thought you'd appreciate the destruction of your least favorite condiment. I changed it to just the 1000 island one.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

"Visual Speedometer - The rear facing LEDs change color according to how fast you ride, providing you with a visual speedometer so you never need to have your phone out."
    there's no "today i don't even.." thread

so, here's the awesome way to extract yolks from whites
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Morgie:"Visual Speedometer - The rear facing LEDs change color according to how fast you ride, providing you with a visual speedometer so you never need to have your phone out."

Oh, God.

Also, those are the most uncomfortable-looking top bends I've ever seen.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    ^^Pro Tip thread.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013

that water bottle full of eggs would be perfect for riding trails on a hot day
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

camelback fullMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

seanile mick:so, here's the awesome way to extract yolks from whites

...why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013 edited

apparently eating just the egg whites is much healthier.

and you can feel like you're a wizard who has collected the souls of many an egg into a recycled (dare i say upcycled!) pepsi bottle.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    But the yolks are way more delicious. Also, babbies tolerate egg yolks better than whites at first, less albumin.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I like you, Blitz.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^^thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

Blitz:...why?
    Because you can't beat your eggs into stiff peaks with the yolks.We are the small axe.
    and you need yolks for lemon barsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

or brulee!We are the small axe.
    • CommentAuthorben

surprisefries:Also, babbies tolerate egg yolks better than whites at first, less albumin.
    Who even has babies? I mean really, who does that?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Jerks!
    selfish a-holesDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

People who don't have $600.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    People who choose short-term savings over long-term costs.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

•  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

On the red line right now listening to three young men rapping about gang bangs and such, while one of them has a heavily dog-eared bible stuffed down the front of his pants... O_o
    LOLOL

If you buy top shelf at TGIFridays you deserve what you get.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Fuck you, Comrade, it's my right.

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^^^At least they're not going balls-out.

Joe, that's awesome. Can we get matching ironic T-shirts?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Tats, bro.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

joeyfresh:Fuck you, Comrade, it's my right.

Calm down, I wasn't knocking the Bible at all. I just thought the situation was ironic due to the nature of their rapping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

This is who you're making me feel like right now, Blitz:
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    nick nulty?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

joeyfresh:This is who you're making me feel like right now, Blitz:

I had no such intentions, sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013 edited

Haha, no man I'm just messing with you.
    The reference is to Mother Night, wherein a man pretends to be a Nazi propagandist inside Hitler's Germany at the behest of the US government, is extremely successful at it, and then when the war is over (and no one knows he was a spy and not a sincere Nazi propagandist), he goes into hiding, and he is arrested by Israel when he is discovered. (The 1996 movie adaptation was fantastic, btw.)
    I thought there was no way you would actually take my gun and bible comment seriously, so when the irony was lost on you I pretended to be sent into a spiral of an identity crisis. As Vonnegut says in Mother Night, "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    Given my own propensity toward pretend awfulness, many people who have never met me IRL probably think I'm a huge asshole.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

No worries! Hard to convey tone online...

P.S. I get it now :)
    Joe's such a sweetie IRL.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    joeyfresh:Fuck you, Comrade, it's my right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013