Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011

I've got my hotel, and tickets booked.. looking to do some road rides in the days before the show..

Don doesn't like people throwing parties during his "party" but i already know of this:

heard an alleycat might be thrown together...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011

Alleycat.

•  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

I'm so excited for this!roz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

From the NAHBS e-mail that just went out...

Thursday 24th
    9:00 - 11:00 p.m. - Movie Night at Mellow Johnny's featuring Rapha's Continental film
    Friday 25th
    7:30 - 9:30 a.m. - Mellow Johnny's Rapha Gentleman's Ride
    Saturday 26th
    12 noon - 2:30 p.m. - Mellow Johnny's Giordana Road Ride
    6:00 - 9:00 p.m. - Bicycle Sport Shop's Austin Original Party click to let us know if you're coming! (free drink ticket if you rsvp)
    9:00 p.m. - 12 midnight - Bicycle Sport Shop pub crawl
    Sunday 27th
    9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Bicycle Sport Shop Green Belt/Barton Springs MTB Ride
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011

also, anyone still need a hotel room for the weekend? i've got a pretty decent room with two queen beds and the other folks just cancelled on me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2014

Anyone going this year? It's in charlotte, NC, 3/14-3/16.
    Still undecided on driving vs. flying if i end up going.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

The drive to North Carolina is loooooong. I'm sure you know that, but still. Longer than you think.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

yea, i've driven from boston to northern virginia in a day before, that was miserable. my brother lives in central jersey so i was planning a layover. which brings how many days i should take off into consideration.. seems like all-in-all, driving would be the least preferable option as far as financial costs go.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    road trip with friends and a layover > cheap flight with friendsNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014

Not having to use 2 extra days vacation is pretty nice too thoughsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    TBF it's only 13 hours driving, with two people that wouldn't be that bad in one day (although I agree that after battling your way through CT, NY, NJ and PA, a person is pretty happy to call it a day in Winchester or Staunton). I used to do 81 on my way between Boston and New Orleans a few times a year, I can't remember how far I made it on my longest marathon drive.

WAFFLE HOUSE.
    Cheez:WAFFLE HOUSE.

The only reason I miss living in the south.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    bump! I'm too busy to look for the gems, show em to me!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014

you mean links to the bikes??
    prolly has a bunch up. http://prollyisnotprobably.com/
    everything seems really neat and well made but not overly exciting. they all look like a baum.
    i imagine they'd be better in person.

the hardtail 29er makes me want to start mountain biking though...looks super fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014 edited

Gotta say, that new Mudville is the first Geekhouse I've seen that I'd actually ride. And I don't even like cyclocross! EDIT: I should say I like the road disc frame too. Purty.

No offense to the Ghousers here. Just normally not for me.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    yeah that MTB is tight.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

how many pics of kat daley am i going to see if i check twitter?

...thank god i'm not on instagram.
    • CommentAuthorgc

Did anyone here (Sean?) end up going?gone
    I think Epic's there. But not as much here.

TINSHIFA the new Geekhouse look...it looks real fancy and good for them, but it sorta just makes it look like a Pinarelloi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

no i didnt, wanted to keep my vacation day(s) for something elsesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I enjoyed how reminiscent the paintjob on the black and white Mudville is of my Blue CX 6.5... but, y'know... on an awesome bike instead of an ok but nothing special bike.

Ok fine, so they're both black and white and bear no comparison besides that.