Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorchicago
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

Does anyone know if there is a place to rent these from? Need a travel case for a week and I would be willing to buy one, but I rarely go on planes. Any info would be great! Thanks.
    Willing to sell the cardboard box I got with my big screen. $100/obo
    • CommentAuthorchicago

Maybe. If it says HD on the box I'll take it. Only $100 though? I feel like that would be cheating you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

landry's rents them. $10 a day.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorchicago

Thanks.
    Nah, man, it's a good price. Though, my box is bigger than this particular example. It has been sittin' out in the rain, though. If you change your mind, let me know.

I mean, $10/day, on top of airline travel fees for bringing a bike aboard. Hide it in a TV box, save yourself tons o' money. Y'gotta spend money to make it, Hoss.
    • CommentAuthorchicago

Will do.
    chicago:Does anyone know if there is a place to rent these from? Need a travel case for a week and I would be willing to buy one, but I rarely go on planes. Any info would be great! Thanks.

IBC has a rental case I believe.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorLyzard

My travel case for my S&S coupled Surly cost $500+.

On the way back from my 2nd flying trip one of the butterfly clips broke off.
    I had to get S&S to send me another clip.

I need a rivet gun now to fix it. I've never used one before.
    Anyone got one I could borrow or is this something a bike-shop would even have?
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011

I rented travel cases from Wheelworks; then bought my own later on when one showed up at Craigslist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011

I've always traveled with my bike, (over) packed in cardboard. Now, I have a Dakine bike bag, and it's the jam, fit's a DH bike with wheels, and you can pack it with extra gear. However, I would only use in to travel with my freeride or xc race bike. I'd be wary of anything more delicate since it's soft on one side. Otherwise, it's the shit.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.