Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011

I like JP. Lots to do. I wanted to live there this year, but I couldn't find a place that was as cheap as my current location in Brookline. Where are all these low rent apartments? As always, I'm sure it helps to know people."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthor11hour
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011 edited

I dunno whats cheap, but my last place 3 beds 1600 on Williams. Really wasnt too bad splitting 3 ways. New joint is 1400 (2bed) with heat and hot water. This ones right near Ten Tables. Place is mint...hardwood floors, huge rooms and a nice balcony/ porch...plenty of space for bunk beds and activities.
    I'm living in JP for pretty cheap (550/month) with one other guy and I think you're all a buncha pussies, complaining about S.Huntington... make that hill your bitch.what the fuck are you talking about. bikes, bitches & booze or get the fuck out.
    Love people, not places. Jerks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011 edited

today on the way to work I saw one!

A glorious tall yuppy looking woman who had clearly suffered a life time of wealth and fancy European beauty products. Her hair was beautiful, her clothes expensive, her skin flawless, she was rich, beautiful, and oblivious. In one hand she had some sort of high prices coffee product, and in the other she pushed the latest in high end double wide run/walk stroller (the kind you get when you MUST remove the after birth weight right away so you jog with your kid instead of walk them), in the same hand that drove the stroller she had the leash for her GIANT purebred dog, which clearly had papers and is put into the finest kennels during the families annual month long vacation to the fancier bits of the south of France.

She was clogging up the entire sidewalk, looked happier than I have been in years, and was oblivious to anything but her fancy coffee drink and her high prices cell phone. I tried so hard to work up some hatred up for her, but it just wouldn't happen, I was so happy to have finally spotted what you were all talking about that I almost screamed out "HELL YEA DOUBLE WIDE STROLLER!" The rest of the ride to work I had a big smile on my face. I can cross "double wide stroller powered by yuppy" off my JP bingo card now!

I really wish I could get into the "its fun to get grumpy" thing, but every day at work I sit around and contemplate various ways the human race might snuff itself out, so in order to preserve my own will to live I think I have removed that ability from my emotional tool box.

I could totally see how you might work up a nice frothy lather over these kind of people, I mean they are sucking down resources like black holes, and on top of it pumping out little versions of themselves two at a time (hence the double wide stroller), but I just couldn't do it.

:)this wont hurt a bit...
    stilgar: JP bingo card
    can this seriously be made into a real thing! how fun would that besomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ok shane, you know i love hating on people more than ANYTHING but SHUTTHEFUCKUP.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011

stilgar:She was clogging up the entire sidewalk, looked happier than I have been in years...
    The second part is what makes all the difference in the world.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^^^that was my WIFE, fucker.
    Oh, so it was an ANT baby stroller?

;p
    BOOM, roasted.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    brunop:^^^that was my WIFE, fucker.

who was the beautiful woman walking her?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

DoubleL:
    dora: like 2/3 of the way up it when i'm dying and out of the saddle and pissed off, i find myself pedaling to the rhythm of FUCK-YOU. FUCK-YOU. FUCK-THISHILL. I-FUCKINGHATEYOU. etc. in my head.

it helps a little bit
    /i'm nuts :)

I can totally picture you doing this and highly approve haha

:D it really does help! haha i swear ;)

there's this bright green...what's that cube-y honda SUV thing? the Pilot? I think it's called a pilot...Honda Pilot that's always parked on Boyleston street. It's super bright and has one of those stupid coexist stickers on it and a bunch of other dumb stickers about how ART IS KEWL and whatever. and a huge JP sticker.
    i hate that car. the person who drives it is probably a stupid jerk.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

boylston? boyleston? whatever you know what i meanMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

Horsa hears a Hengst:
    brunop:^^^that was my WIFE, fucker.

who was the beautiful woman walking her?

she was goin' to get me my TAX-FREE beer.
    Um that doesn't answer my question, and if you think your beer is tax free you are dumber then you smell...Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^my beer IS (now) tax-free, mon chere! oh yeah. i used to pay almost 11 bucks for a six of ipswich. cuz of all the goddam tax to support all the drunks and addicts who couldn't control themselves. ok? now it's a smooth 8.99 when i bring in the empties. which i do. cuz i'm a ecological motherfucker.
    where to start...DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011 edited

brunop:cuz of all the goddam tax to support all the drunks and addicts who couldn't control themselves. ok?...

bruno, I'm tempted to call you a horrible, pathetic person, but I think it's just that your understanding of addiction is flawed.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011

^i'm just fuckin' with alexi. sheesh...
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I know, I know, but some people actually really do feel the way you're pretending to feel and it's terrifying.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    F.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

jp-wise. what up wif da galway and the rearrangement of the joint? i may have to frequent costy's. (and get into brawls). on the few times i drink in JP. but i love me some monumental cupcakes (even though i don't eat cupcakes) cuz i love patti h. the owner. and i love me some dogwood. and doyle's (back before it got all commercial). and the behan. and james' gate.

anyway.

and oh yeah--lesbians!!!!!!!! yaaaaaaYYYYYYYYYYY...

but cambridge lesbians're smarter. and have different dogs.

just an observation...

i mostly stays in somerville/cambridge though. just so ya know...
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011

I had a friend that moved to JP once. I never saw him again..

But seriously, what is it about JP that's so different from Somerville or Cambridge? I go to JP for work like 2 times a week for the last couple of years and I can't really figure it out. It always feels the same to me and how it feels is very distinct. I'm somerville4lyf so I'm totally biased, but seriously name some unmistakable characteristics for me beside the coriderp, JP y u so weird?If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^lesbians. multo lesbians. mega-lesbians.

oh yeah. and a new whole foods. which they're bitchin' about and havin' drama and all when they secretly LOVE it.

JP. the home of first world "problems".

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!

if'n ya get mad and offended, ya prove my dang point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahhahhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

but i love me some JP!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

when i commuted to walpole, i tackled s. huntington, washington st going up to the enneking pkway, and the obnoxious hill on rt. 1 leading up to rt. 27, shortly after the norwood landry's.

if you put the s. huntington hill in comparison to the other two, it became a small bump in the road. just gotta have the right attitude.

also, i like JP having never lived there but having worked there. fun places to explore, brightly painted houses, easily accessible trees and parks. i'd consider moving there if there was better places to mountain bike. franklin park is fun for cx but i like to run my dog on trails, so i'm aiming to move to somerville and be near the fells.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^hi ratty! move here. teh fells is teh jam!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah brunop! i'm over there enough but it's hard to cart a dog in a puppy trailer on the back of a mtb! need to live close enough to be able to run her to the woods and then run her in the woods!

going to redbones tomorrow night! isn't that your stomping grounds?!?!?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^10-4 ratty. what time ya goin'?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i don't know brunop, evening-ish hours. but dude!!!!! i was there last weekend - fried pickles!!!!!!!! i got the dogfish stout and fried pickles and mac'n'cheese and life was so good!

happy everything to everyone!!!! it was that kinda night!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

My sister is moving to JP and she is a total norm.
    Tonight I went to the new Milky Way to get her a gift certificate for her birthday.
    I wanted to die.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^hahahahahaha!! duder. it was dyke night at the milky way.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011 edited

too dumb to embed, some whole foodz video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUAt1ZE-jQc&feature=player_embeddedgone
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

mrotown:My sister is moving to JP and she is a total norm.
    Tonight I went to the new Milky Way to get her a gift certificate for her birthday.
    I wanted to die.

you sound like a good brother!

new Milky Way sucks. if she's a norm, you shoulda got her a gc to Canary Square or Dogwood.
    jp is just a bit too insular for me.
    and it takes atleast 30minutes to get to a parkway or expressway to leave the city
    • CommentAuthorcrazy0
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011

came across this, and if you like the emerald necklace like i do, then maybe you ought to sign this

Save Jamaica Pond’s Watershed
    A large 12.5 acres of undeveloped woodlands on Hellenic Hill which overlooks Jamaica Pond was put on sale in January 2011. The big money pressures will be immense to maximize the development of these lands. We respectfully support the conservation and preservation of Jamaica Pond’s watershed.

* Jamaica Pond has been an important source of water for wildlife and people since the beginning of time.
    * Native Americans and people through the ages have enjoyed the beauty of the waters and hill.
    * Jamaica Pond was the water reservoir for Boston up to the 1850s and it is still an emergency water source.
    * The underground springs have made Jamaica Pond one of the cleanest waters in the entire state.
    * Jamaica Pond Park is used daily by thousands of people to revitalize their physical, mental and spiritual health.

We petition Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Massachusetts General Court, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, Boston City Council, and Citizens to purchase these lands and conservation easements to:

* Conserve and Preserve Jamaica Pond’s watershed.
    * Ensure the Integrity of the Emerald Necklace parks envisioned by Frederick Law Olmsted as a sanctuary for all the citizens.

Sign the Save Jamaica Pond's Watershed Petition Online at
    http://www.petitiononline.com/savepond/petition.html
    http://www.friendsofjamaicapond.org/
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Signed. Thanks for posting, Omar.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

God save Jamaica Plain.
    • CommentAuthormeetball

huh hadn't heard about that. didn't know there were so many jp folks either, perhaps a bike brunch or a bbq is in order.

kilgore_trout:jp is just a bit too insular for me.
    and it takes atleast 30minutes to get to a parkway or expressway to leave the city

yep. but I'm staying for awhile more.
    my parents are more or less a straight shot outta jp. so much easier than when i was living in cambridge.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorcrazy0
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2011

DCR CLEAN UP DAY
    SATURDAY APRIL 16, 2011
    Stony Brook Deck, Southwest Corridor Park
    10:00 to 12:00 noon

Site preparations for the Wake Up the Earth Festival (7 May)

Please RSVP To :Janet Hunkel at 617-723-8471

Join in the spring transformation and be part of Park Serve Day 2011!

This year's event features 40 parks, from the Berkshires to Cape Cod.
    Last year, more than 4,000 volunteers participated in Park Serve Day.

During this statewide day of volunteer service, we will work together
    to get parks and beaches across Massachusetts ready for summer by
    cleaning coastlines, clearing trails, planting flowers, painting
    picnic tables, and more.
    • CommentAuthorgc

crazy0:
    * Jamaica Pond has been an important source of water for wildlife and people since the beginning of time.
    * Native Americans and people through the ages have enjoyed the beauty of the waters and hill.
    * Jamaica Pond was the water reservoir for Boston up to the 1850s and it is still an emergency water source.
    * The underground springs have made Jamaica Pond one of the cleanest waters in the entire state.
    * Jamaica Pond Park is used daily by thousands of people to revitalize their physical, mental and spiritual health./

holy shit, you can't make this stuff up.gone
    • CommentAuthorcrazy0

Thoreau could
    ^^woww.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I just moved back to jp. Been living in s.f the last 5 years, kinda miss the hills! :-(