Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011 edited

Saturday, 10am. Meet at Bagel Rising at Harvard and Comm at 9:45.
    Shah's planning a route that is: "something fun with some rolling hills and a place to eat along the way."
    ~50 miles roundtrip, medium/whatever-the-slowest-member-can-do pace
    So far it's me, Shah, NuBen, clockwork ted, and surprisefries if he's still a man.
    All are welcome.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011

Is spandex allowed?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

this is relevant to my interests.
    I requested the day off for the marathon ride, Joe, but I am having srs bsns back pain this week, so I am not going to come out for this. Because I will be chock full of muscle relaxants. BUT surprisefries has a t-shirt waiting for him at my house, so he HAS to show up.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

tristan:Is spandex allowed?

Most definitely.

Marianna: It's cool. We will do more. We're going to try for one per week if the weather isn't terrible.
    Can we come by for kegerator beers when we get back?
    (Hear that, Mr. Fries? Kegerator beers.)We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    You can take the BOB with you and come back WITH kegerator beers.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Damn, i don't think i'm going to be back in tow in time to make this. Next time.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    If you guys keep it up I'm sure I'll tag along at some point. I think I might already have ride plans this time around.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011

Holllrr"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    uuuggghhhhh i may have to woooooorrrkDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011

thats why i quit my job
    you should do it too!

(really so I could focus on school)EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011

Bump for todayascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011 edited

The bike pile. We decided that we needed to stop and refuel at some point, because the calorie burn was too serious.

Thanks to Shah for organizing a great route, and to everyone else who came along.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Yum... Wilsons.
    slowest most social 30 miles of my life
    Gdamnit, I wish I could've come. Damn work not telling me I'm on the schedule.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011 edited

Wilson's was so good. There were 10 of us and they actually fit us all at the counter. Thanks for stingobango Phil for aiming us there.
    According to Tristan, we averaged 14mph. I was sort of impressed.
    It was great to see you all.

For next week, we're talking about Sunday. Time currently not set and somewhat negotiable.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorCarter
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011

I was thinking about joining next week but Sunday is no good. If it's Saturday, I can make it.It's not francois' fault that you weren't looking hard enough.
    Thank you for the thank you, Joe, but I don't think I can take credit for the diner stop. Perhaps being from NJ lends me a subtle diner-radar, though.I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    it was a combination effort phil, you had the idea and dave (tristan's buddy) handled the place.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011

This week's ride: Sunday at noon.
    Shah is taking us somewhere south.
    ~50 miles roundtrip, medium/whatever-the-slowest-member-can-do pace.
    All are welcome.
    Spandex is actively encouraged if it's gauche.
    Let's ride.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

Maybe!"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    TheFall:Maybe!
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    oh man, i hope the ride has another gampy shah's storytime checkpoint
    • CommentAuthortristan

I will be there, barring sloppy roads, and in that kit that makes bystanders yell at us. I, too hope this ride has another storytime checkpoint.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011

Can I wear spandex outside my jean shorts?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    dear god no. and by that i mean please do.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011

So where is the meetup?mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    I think it's at Bagel Rising again, but the rugby match got moved from today to tomorrow, so I'm out this week.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011 edited

I'm out. On vicodin 'till sunday night; bikes=bad idea right now. WANNA RIDE SO BADLY :c"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'm obviously out this week, but I hope y'all have fun. Post some spandex pictures.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

so where is the meetup?mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    depends who is still down to ride... last week was bagel rising in allston village. word on the street was shah was taking us south so there might be somewhere better...
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011

Meet is at bagel rising at 10am!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    whoops...
    What's this 10 am nonsense...
    So, lest any of you guys left promptly at noon, I'm here, but nobody else is. Lame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011

Road ride tomorrow to Nantasket beach. ~30 miles each way, medium/whatever-the-slowest-member-can-do pace.
    I'm bringing a towel because I plan on getting in the water when we get there.

Meet up is at Newbury St. ERC 9:30 am, leaving at 10 sharp.

All are welcome.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    dayum. team slow bike is gettin srs huh?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    also, as self appointed team slow bike mom, i expect ALL of you to be wearing A SHIT TON sunscreen (YOU TOO SHAH) and a cap and have PLENTY of water and gatorade type stuffs and snacks. OKAY?!!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorTenebrosi

tristan:

The bike pile. We decided that we needed to stop and refuel at some point, because the calorie burn was too serious.

Thanks to Shah for organizing a great route, and to everyone else who came along.

^ Looks like a pile of trash. Way to enhance your environment you silly bastards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Oh sweet, another contributing member of the community.

I forgot to mention: Shah said he has a buddy who owns a restaurant down there, so we've got a good place to stop for lunch and refilling water.
    And thanks, Ella :) I wish you were coming!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Do you guys have a way of bypassing the Fore River bridge?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I don't have the route, but Shah mentioned a bridge crossing so my guess is no? I've never been down there by bike before. Is that bridge particularly terrifying?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorprza

Hmm... What time you all gonna be done? I got stuff to do later in the day.Amos is something like a phenomenon. If you'd really seen him you'd know it. You almost have to have to be granted permission. Ask anybody.
    ^^ I can't say I've ever crossed it on a bike... but in a car I remember it being a bit much. Admittedly that might've been the old bridge, apparently there's a temporary bridge while they do a multiyear replacement project. There's a fair amount of the simplest route that's sucky... most of Quincy straight up to Hingham, but Nantasket's worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'm not exactly sure. My guess is 1.5-2 hours to get there, spend an hour or more there, and head back. Return by 3 or 4pm?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

banana truffles:i expect ALL of you to be wearing A SHIT TON sunscreen (YOU TOO SHAH)
    el oh elI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2011

The ride out to Nantasket and back was great. Shah took us on a scenic tour through Quincy and down through Hingham and Hull and over two terrifying bridges (Neponset and Fore River I think). Lobar, the Fore River Bridge was exactly as awful as you remember. We took the barrier-separated, caged in sidewalk on the way back and even it was a bitch. Still, like you said, totally worth it. None of us had anywhere to be so we took our time. It was misty and foggy on the way in and the fog burned off while we had lunch and a beer, so it was sunny and hot on the way back. It was the best of both worlds. With lights and traffic, I think we were averaging about 13mph- 51 miles total.

We're thinking a ~70 mile RT ride out to Manchester-by-the-Sea to go to Singing Beach this weekend or next.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2011

Sounds like a great ride guys, sorry I couldn't join you - the dirt was beckoning.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."