Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Word, I was just sayin' like I can't wait and leave at 1pm or whatever.

Propose leaving Davis Sq at 9am ish, and going approximately this route, though I haven't closely looked at it yet.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

surprisefries:I'm considering knocking off work Tuesday and riding to Salem, NH. It should be about 64 miles round trip, and there is a Denny's there, and it's my birthday so I want my free grand slam. There are a couple closer Denny's but if I can ride to NH why not.

Any funemployed people, or people with vacation days to burn wanna join if I actually enact this silly idea? I am restricted to the hours of 8am-5pm to accomplish this and be home.

happy birthday!
    did you go? how was it?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Thank you! Dan and I went, and it was fun. If I were doing it again though I would have spent more time route-planning, there were some squirrely parts for sure. But most of it was really nice, and we even got a free taint massage in Methuen. Twice! Due to a couple small navigational errors on the return (my b), it ended up being a bit over 65 miles. Left Davis Sq a little before 9:30am, got back around 4:15pm I think. About 2.5 hours up and 3 hours back. We took our time at Denny's and stopped once each way for water and Gatorade.

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014

likelikelikelikelikeWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Moar rides like this, but on weekends, pleaseandthankyou.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

surprisefries:and we even got a free taint massage in Methuen.

O my."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    The problem for me is that I can't really do weekends without sticking my pregnant wife with the 2 year old all day which would be lame of me.

The taint massage actually felt kinda good on the way home.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorLyzard

My Funemployment is running out this week, so it was great to get a longer ride in while everyone else is at work!

Mmhmm that Grooved pavement.

I slept pretty good last night.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

joeyfresh:likelikelikelikelike
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    joeyfresh:likelikelikelikelike
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2014 edited

Anyone gonna be slowdonging D2R2 this weekend?

MrsFries?
    I wish. My knee still hurts from my birthday ride, and MrsFries hasn't been on a bike in a couple months.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014

I will not because I suck and haven't been riding at all outside of commuting for the past few years. And because I suck.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Maybe I'll start a savings account so I can ride it next year. It's so much fun but so many dollars :c"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

DIY D2R2 has been done before. Mass field trip?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Yeah, but then you don't get giant piles of food every 10 miles :c

but it is gorgeous out there, I may be up for something like that."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Wait... people are supposed to prepare for D2R2? And double-wait... there's giant piles of food every 10 miles?

Apparently I'm dong it all wrong.

Also depending on timing if a DIY-D2 were to happen I might be able to be useful in some way... I could certainly do a waterdrop somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Maybe I'm remembering parts of another charity ride. There's at least a big lunch somewhere, plus the dinner."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I don't recall there being quite that much, although tbf there is breakfast, and watermelon (and peanut butter?), and the lunch, and peaches, and dinner (ok fine, maybe that does end up being food every 10 miles). Things are all messed up with lunch this year though (that usual spot in Green River Village isn't accessible now sans wading, scheduled covered bridge maintenance until October 22... useful to know if people go DIY). So different routes are having lunch different places... it'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Speaking of D2-food I've never understood how people can stand that awful "BBQ tofu" they have at the end, but I'm under the impression other people must like it or something (I think I commented to the organizers after last year's event and Mary or whoever said it's super-popular). Vegetarian food is good now, it's not 1995, it doesn't need to be so boring!

Anyway, rambling.
    SO...

I now have a road bike. How do I get down with some hot TSB Action? Is there a form I have to fill out? Is there a hazing process?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014

btw, I know kit ordering is a pain in the ass, but I'd love to jump on that train next time it comes around."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ^^You're in the fb group, right? Just plan a ride and call for troops.

You don't get to find out about the hazing ahead of time.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

There's a Facebook group? Now I feel all left out.

Jennifer (gf) and Ginger (corgi/daughter) and I have been taking our own versions of TSB rides the past few weekends. We might tackle the Cape Cod trail this weekend (22 miles each way / 44 miles total). Anybody's welcome to join up if it happens, though we won't have room in our car. Obvs there will be a snack / ice cream break at some point.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I've done part of that rail trail, it's nice!

I have to run to a meeting but you can request membership and I'm sure someone on here and there will approve you, or I'll add you later.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:^^You're in the fb group, right? Just plan a ride and call for troops.

You don't get to find out about the hazing ahead of time.

I AM! (Rob, I just added you). I'm still trying to figure this "road bike thing" out. I actually got in a small wreck last night because my bike HAD brakes. More on that later. Me learning to ride a road bike is like some anti-matter version of when Craig first took the brakes off his fixed. Certain humor, or death, lies ahead.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    lollll MS PAINT PLEEZDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

surprisefries:lollll MS PAINT PLEEZ

YESMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    DONE.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    been thinking. thoughts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2014 edited

i'm actually quite proud of this piece:

ETA:
    wouldDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I likes the backi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014

tinyhonkshus:I likes the back

+1
    notttttttttttttttt exactly my color palette haha but v nice!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014 edited

thanksss.
    is this better at all?

less pro?
    For me, back is same goodness level, front is much improved, but I don't think you're selling anyone on the geometric snail (also I thought the TSB was a graphics error before, is nice to see for real now)i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I like the geometric snail.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014 edited

aiiiight. no worries. there definitely isn't a group buy-in like there was with the last one.
    this is the first design since the original that i felt good enough about going to a full jersey mockup so i figured i'd toss it up and see. i mentioned it on the fb group, but the absurdity of the original isn't seeming like a repeatable endeavor. especially if trying to maintain a similar color palette, and not steal from geekhouse.
    i think if i were to do a new one (if people wanted a new one is a big part of it) i'd have to get some participation with everyone posting/linking their favorite jersey designs, so i could get some group-given inspiration and an idea of what people actually want.

i think we should just pay alex to design somethingsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I wouldn't get too discouraged by the lack of feedback - it's sort of unclear what we're even talking about when you're like "how about this?" cause its like "are we ordering some? did someone request a new jersey? is there a charity ride coming up? is Sean procrastinating?" but I think if you get organized like "Does the group want another one? Who would buy one? Let's talk designs, does anyone else want to propose one?" you might get a more meaningful input.

I prob wouldn't buy a new one just to "collect the set" but I would probably buy an Alex-monster version [of anything]i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2014

I think t-honks nailed it.

I would buy a new one just to collect the set, and I would definitely buy an Alex-monster version [of anything]

Fwiw, I like the design, Sean. It's purty.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Somebody please make Alex design a monster kit for TSB...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthortristan

Would collect em all if not champ sys.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014 edited

Very fair point marianna. Id been asked on and off for a while if id be designig a new one or redoing the old one.
    I didnt really have a goal in mind in posting, just seeing if it had some inherent appeal that might evolve into somethig i guess.

I guess whenever someone asks for a new design and others reciprocate the request, we can discuss.
    But yea, id very quickly yield that design effort to alex if shes interested. Thered be an upcharge per piece to pay her.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014

On a related note, I have an extra TSB Jersey for sale from the last order new in the bag "TechMen Short Sleeve Jersey Race Cut Full Concealed Zipper Size Large" - asking whatever I paid, which I don't remember, Sean do you?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    that would beeee $52somebody turn the lights off on this place already.