Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

What's the ETA to Plymouth? Or route distance?
    Still battling tendinitis/might be a stress fracture, but I wanna get out. I have work at 4:30.Young, dumb, and full of cum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011

prza:^^^^No need for Commuter Rail. Team Slow Bike rides bikes.
    Thanks to whoever changed the thread title.

Truth. Also, I think the thread title change means we have a TSB-friendly moderator.

Chris, Plymouth is 90-100 miles RT if I recall.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Probably closer to 60 miles
    •  
      CommentAuthorprza

Hard to say exactly, since no one else showed up. It remains a mystery! But I did put in 60ish in the scenic western 'burbs.Amos is something like a phenomenon. If you'd really seen him you'd know it. You almost have to have to be granted permission. Ask anybody.
    • CommentAuthortfunkin

My ride to Plymouth where I rode around Brookline and Newton some and then came back to Cambridge via comm was killer but it was only like 22.
    Is anything going on tomorrow?

It looks like I'll be granted a few hours off in the morning/early afternoon... thinking I might finally take my cross knobbies off and put on a little reasonable mileage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011

who wants to ride bikes saturday and/or sunday? the longer the better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorprza
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011

John O and I were talking about doing 100ish on Sunday. No particular destination in mind.Amos is something like a phenomenon. If you'd really seen him you'd know it. You almost have to have to be granted permission. Ask anybody.
    how can we get the now-unaffiliated Mark Cavendish to ride for TSB without jerseys?!!???
    •  
      CommentAuthorprza
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011

I'm riding tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. Drop a message here by 11 tonight and we can meet at ERC at 8:30 tomorrow. Otherwise I'm just leaving from my house.Amos is something like a phenomenon. If you'd really seen him you'd know it. You almost have to have to be granted permission. Ask anybody.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011

haha. wasn't he considering a move to sky anyway? act fast!!!
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011

Saturday 2pm... training ride... will be about 25-30 miles, around to concord and back (read: hills)

This is less a team-slow-bike-ride and more a training ride so that, maybe one day, (with many more miles in the legs) we might not be -slow-

If you're interested drop a line here.. we're gonna meet at my place in cambridge (porter sq).. and ill give you more specifics.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011

In.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011

tentatively in, might be going out of town that day though... could I please get the details?
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011

count me in
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2011

Thanks Joe, Amos, and Tim for coming, that was great: http://app.strava.com/rides/1657401 some weird gps glitches, and an extra - woops, i went the wrong way - loop for good measure..I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2011

I decided to go on a longer solo ride out to Salem and back today. Glad you all had fun on your ride, I'm interested in future ones..
    ^^ What, Dan doesn't get no respect?

Nice riding with you guys, sorry I had to split, realized I was gonna be in trouble with the Missus if I didn't get home.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011

Dan gets respect, he was the quiet one. And the short one. So my b.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011 edited

i'd like to discuss the creation of a legitimate Team Slow Bike jersey and bib kit..

would there be interest?
    and would there be anything about the kit that anyone feels would be necessary so as to keep their interest?

if you have logo ideas, please share

edit: logo idea...have a picture like this, but instead of people running we could have a silhouette of a pack of cyclists

or maybe a guy on a penny farthing with a tophatsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I would be interested but I think the gayroller is too random/someone else's IP

Old lady in a walker passing us, obvii mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Snail on a bicycle?
    Sloth on a bicycle?

A snail and a sloth on a tandem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011

I like where blobar is going with this one.

Carter also had a truly dope idea, but I'll leave him to tell it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    SNAIL AS WHEELS STARFISH AS AEROSPOEKi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^I like this one.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You would.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorsmithb9

i got bored

http://i.imgur.com/87CsP.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011 edited

^hahahahahah

marianna, fair point with the gayroller bit, good call.

Blobar:A snail and a sloth on a tandem?
    i really like this

carter's idea (he seems to be afraid of the internets)

^"cat 6"
    might also infringe on some copyright, but whatevs, id rather infringe on a big corporation's IP than some etsy girl
    but it's really growing on me quite a good bit.

my other ideas

and for good measure, we could change the steady stream of rainbow to rainbow colored Team Slow Bike text
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Cat 6 is a whole different thing, and something that kinda pisses me off.

I like the "behind the pack" imagery, thoughi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011 edited

^wellll, we would ultimately be commuters becoming competitivesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    but not WHILE commuting, and also the competitive part is news to mei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011

we's all totally going to start a TSB:DFL race team, obv.
    xc, downhill, road, cyclocross, unicycle, hot air balloons, the works.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

ok!

so, i have a northeastern team jersey from champ-sys and they seem to be a pretty good choice for what we're planning on doing because they don't have any additional prices for added colors. they require a minimum of 10 jerseys to be bought, which each cost $48 i believe.
    i've got some ideas that i'm going to try to put into pictures and i'll get back to ya'll!
    once that's done we can think about refining our supplier options and really digging into good brands.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011 edited

don't feel like sleeping yet!

so, i think this, but not really. I think having the crosses wrapping around the jersey at the angle they are, but then on the chest a big picture of the Cat6 so that somethin like 3 of the lines run into, it pause for it, then keep going.
    edit: retracting image for more trial and error

we could also try to do a decent imposter of somethin like this, i know some people were fans.
    do a TSB above the Cat6 and on the back of the jersey write out Team Slow Bike
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011 edited

still hate cat 6, approve of other ideas, including the insane "+" stripingi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

^ok, definitely noted, will try to work on others.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I might have to design a Team Sloth Bike design so I can pretend I don't know you people... pure coincidence!
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

i'm fuckin in love with this

oh yes.

oh yes.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Ok, that one is pretty good.
    truthi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorObo

is that plaid on the right sleeve?I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

^yessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011 edited

whats the preference

any comments?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i like the one on the right, where team and bike are spelled out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

would you change anything about either?

edit: i feel like the cross-section colors need to be reworked to be a bit more playful with the plaid colors

edit: comments from the fb group...
    -what happened to cat 6?
    -the white will get dirty real quick
    -make a sleeve yellow and have it say "slow" while the other is a plaid or cross-section covered sleevesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011

I like the one on the right, but I dislike the fat kid and I absolutely loathe "haters gonna hate." I will not wear anything that says that on it.
    I am completely in love with everything else about it, though.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

^ duly noted, it was a toss up and just for fun really. i was kinda picturing the cat 6 logo as either a good pocket or sleeve piece insteadsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011

Don't clutter it up too much. We don't need to fit every good idea onto one jersey. Remember, there can be a second jersey :) (In my mind, the cat 6 jersey is mandatory for the second one.)We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks