Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

THE COMMODORE:but I dislike the fat kid

What did I ever do to you?
    THE COMMODORE:I like the one on the right, but I dislike the fat kid and I absolutely loathe "haters gonna hate." I will not wear anything that says that on it.

I would like the "team" and "bike" to just be written normally, not slanted.

also, baby turtle poking out of jersey pocket?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    MickMeUpButtercup:whats the preference

any comments?

I also prefer the one on the right. I love the fat kid, and you don't even need "Haters gonna hate". Also, I would center "Team" and "Bike" more on the sign.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011 edited

custom turtle: that's the jersey's brand logo. www.champ-sys.com
    "team" and "bike" off center: i was going for an artsy logo type thing, it helps steer the reader across the jersey heh. im gonna leave it because it just doesnt look right with them centered, especially with the shoulder piece

i'm gonna take the fat kid out for joe's preference (most likely), he is one of the founders of the team after all so he has some decision makin weight ;]somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011

yea the plaid is just weird to me.. i don't know..

but def the one on the right..I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    YEAH BUT SO AM I AND I AM A FAT KID.

SHAH WHERE YOU AT ON THIS.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I will just draw him on my jersey if I have to.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

my dick bled that day.

but yea, im going to try to sneak him in walking on a seam somewhere. DON'T READ THIS JOE.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

Obo:yea the plaid is just weird to me..

maybe argyle?
    i have a feeling the plaid is going to be impossible for the production person

surprisefries:
    SHAH WHERE YOU AT ON THIS.

he apparently hasnt been on here since late augustsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthortristan

they can print just about anything on there.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

as long as i have a vector formatted picture or a rasterized one big enough.. neither of which i havesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    no, I'm suggesting you ADD a baby turtle

also i really hate the team/slow/bike placement on the back

and i assume it's sublimation, not printing, so plaid is easyi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

ohhhh. turtle is oddly relevant. perhaps

got any other suggestions for the placement? (in addition to your previous one)
    ..should it not be that prominent? is it too big/small? is the concept silly/would it become silly over time?
    should the back have more/less design?
    should i make the whole back a turtle shell? ;]somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i really like the idea of whole back as turtle shell, but i think it would require a full design overhaul to be coherent - though you could still "hang" that yellow slow sign onto the shell

mini-idea: three back pockets = turtle / snail / molasses with iciclesi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

hahahah, there's so much potential there. i think im going to have to do an overhaul just to see what else is possible and liked

i also had an idea:
    back pockets are different plaid designs
    left sleeve black with yellow slow traffic sign
    right sleeve white with cat6 symbol in a circyl
    argyle "sweater vest" front that fades going over the shoulders with suspenders with pennyfarthings on them wrapping all the way around
    same team slow bike chest piece

it'd be goofy as hell but with the right colors i think it could be cool lookingsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Blobar:
    THE COMMODORE:but I dislike the fat kid

What did I ever do to you?

You can come over for cake and belly rubs later.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Cake and belly rubs?

It's every fatboy's dream.

Although I am pretty picky when it comes to cake.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I don't know why I keep clicking on this thread. The whole design-by-committee conversation is driving me nuts! It's like a plane crash in slow motion. Can't. Stop. Watching.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

That analogy might be appropriate if the plane was creamy nougat and it was crashing into chocolate ice cream.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have faith in the end result.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Yum! Now THAT would be a jersey.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

womp. it's tough designing something for a group of people when you're on the other side of the world and have no other way of discussing what they'd like on the product. i'll need them to buy at least 10 total if it's going to be able to be made, so i need input and some kind of a jumping off point.

GOT ANY IDEAS ROB?! :Osomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorObo

Argyle > PlaidI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Haha, sorry. I was dealing with something very similar at work so I was getting it from both sides. Compromise is tricky! FWIW, I like the argyle idea. Classy people don't need to hustle.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

gracias sir.
    im actually thinking argyle would be a better/more "together" choice over plaidsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011 edited

i need to stop being so awesome at designing shit.

by the way, this is all vector formatted rather than raster, even the fat kid and the cat, that shit took forever to remake with the damn little pen tool.

im stuck on what to do with the back that would work with the front though.
    the best ive got is to put a purple argyle diamond on the middle pocket, and a pink and blue one on the left and right pockets. but as for the rest of the space im strikin out.
    that or a silhouette of the boston skyline across the pockets
    edit: or a big..
    T
    S
    B
    goin down the side like an off center racing stripe. similar to chrom'es coveted jersey

...i want a penny farthing though.

marianna, i tried to work in the turtle shell it just wasn't happeninsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    needs more snails!

city skyline at sunset (pink/purple/black) with a snail moon!

also this is a "hey maybe we could do this" not a "i hate" but I think T/S/B in the yellow argyles would look nicer without the eam/low/ikei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I still don't like cat 6. I wasn't going to say it again, but I would literally cover it up with a patch. I don't really want to be associated with the type of people who "race" me on the way to work, by passing me at speed while I'm stopped, and cutting me off wildly, and working REEEEEELY hard to pass me just cause I'm a girl, and then going super slow once they have.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

sorry marianna but im gonna leave the cat 6, there's other folks, including myself, who enjoy it for the irony of it not being a literal race category and it just being folks who ride their bikes; more aside from it being a derogatory label for idiot commuters. it's really meant to be ironic rather than an associative label.

maybe ill put a big snail crawling across the tops of the pockets and one crawling up the side of the SLOW sign, i do like the pink skyline idea.
    and i agree the eam/low/ike are a stretch, i just figured it'd be better to have it and then remove it than leave it out.

edit: see below postsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011

Sean, I say we leave off the Cat 6 and save it for jersey #2. I think it makes this one too busy anyway and leaving the cat 6 logo for the arm doesn't quite do it justice when it should be front and center if it's done right (not to mention that the red clashes with this color scheme). Again, there's no reason to throw every good idea into this one jersey. I stand with Marianna, even though it's for different reasons.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

eh..i politely disagree with it making it busy as it'll be on the outside of a plain color sleeve (and have you seen jerseys with sponsor labels on them before? shit aint pretty), and the red works with the black, but ok. (congrats marianna haha). im not really thinkin toward a jersey #2 though so i guess that's why i wanted it on now.

OPINIONS WANTED ON:
    A - Back Designs
    1 -continuing with the argyle on the back to make it a full sweater vest style
    2 -bare black back with boston skyline on the pockets in pink or purple
    a -put a big (simple 3-tone stencil style) snail somewhere on the back, maybe crawling across the pockets
    3 -a very big (also simple 3-tone stencil style) one-handed thumbs up

B - Sleeve Redesign to Omit Cat 6
    1 -pink with the below posted skull and bones pattern
    2 -bare black to complete the sweater vest style
    3 -a snail (aforementioned stencil style)

C - Random
    1 -put a snail crawling up the edge of the SLOW sign
    2 -change the colors of the T S B argyles to something else
    a -could also move the T S B argyles over to be centered on the chest
    3 -omit the eam/low/ike from the T S B argyles

^courtesy of gilbert's bowtiessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I like A 2a & 3, I am a little anti-all-black-back for visibility reasons

I like B 3, B1 is okay (overdone, IMO), but i really like the asymmetrical sleeves - i don't want to look too dignified here.

C1 no opinion, C2 I like that it matches the road sign, C2a zipper concern?, C3 yes plzi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorObo

A1, with B2 and B3, C1 snails are awesome, C2a - i'd leave it positioned where it is, C3 yea, omit I think...

Ridiculously gooooodI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

ted had a good idea of putting on one of the sleeves an evolution from an
    amoeba->snail->turtle->sloth->penny farthingsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i like it, but might it be kinda small if it has to fit on the sleeves?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

good point. ill give it a shot, if it doesnt work then itll be a big snailsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    A2 but not black
    B1
    C3
    XODFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    for clarification, I meant to have the skyline in black, with a sky that is fading teal/purple/pinki mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

surprisefries:A2 but not black
    B1
    C3
    XO

I'm same as Evan.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    gayDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

By "same as Evan," I meant ugly and fat.

OKAY, ENOUGH OF THIS JERSEY STUFF FOR A MOMENT.

Who wants to go on a ride on Saturday? I was thinking 40-60 miles, something easy. I want to take my knee out for a spin and see what happens. The forecast says skies will be clear. I'm going rain or shine, but maybe someone wants to get in one last ride to the beach?

I'm open to suggestion. Who's in?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Oh man, if my old lady will let me have the day off I'm totally in.
    i have le rugby

edit: and le out of true rear wheel, and laziness about getting it fixed. womp womp.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorObo

I'm in... earlier would be better, like 9...I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

If I get my bike fixed in time I'd like to join. Just not sure I'll have the bike up in running in time.
    YESYESYES.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Still getting fit right, so I'd be more interested in 40 mi, but potentially in. Might have a visitor this weekend, which would make me out.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorprza
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011

I'm up for a chill 40 miles on Saturday. I don't know if I'll have time for more.Amos is something like a phenomenon. If you'd really seen him you'd know it. You almost have to have to be granted permission. Ask anybody.
    • CommentAuthorkeepitreal
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011

Hey Mickhead, you're in Australia and you're using your time to design an absolutely retarded looking jersey. Seriously?

Go have fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011 edited

i mean this in the most wholeheartedly personal and aggressive way...go fuck yourself.

ask me why im grumpy. ill give you some logic.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.