Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Who is going?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011

Rozberryroz-berry-lime
    no
    • CommentAuthorObo

goingI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

Yo. Though I might be a ride volunteer. Not sure, up to Epic and whoever is in charge.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

I'm down
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011 edited

Ride info:
    http://tdbankmayorscup.kintera.org/faf/help/helpEventInfo.asp?ievent=471130&lis=1&kntae471130=86ACF914B5754E01A5A9B838AFB5E5AE

there is a 10, 30 and 50 mile looproz-berry-lime
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

I'll be a ride marshall. Did the ride in 2009 when it was raining... so many flats. Its a similar route to the Bikes Not Bombs Bike-A-Thon 25 mile route except it includes Storrow and Southie. Cruising down Storrow is fun. Some of the areas are less fun.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

^The hill in roslindale. on my bianchi ss the first time I did it, i made it all the way up. On the de rosa road bike, i had to stop. I'm gonna make it all the way this year.

It's a great ride. I was there 2009 also. I was prepared for it to pour, so i was pleasantly surprised.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2011

link to hub on wheels ride info that is about the group ride and not the critascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Fun fact: Bellvue is the highest elevation in Boston.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i used to ride over that every day via washington st. when i was commuting to walpole. i used to love cresting it on the way back b/c i could see the boston skyline from there & know i was almost home/lasted another day without getting run over in dedham.

is the grade steeper going up washington or the way the route goes? i'm assuming the ride route is the longer, more gradual approach.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Washington street is the steepest approach, but I'm pretty sure the hub on wheels goes up the wero parkway which is a lot easier.
    Since moving I live right at the bottom of this and start most of my rides struggling up it.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i don't envy you.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

The ride marshalls are doing a training ride this Sunday leaving from Government Center at 10am if anyone wants to join in.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i am so so so fuckin' stoked!!!!!!!!!! like a li'l 14 year old girl! i done rode this bitch for the last 4 years and every year gets better!!!!!! one time i rode with john kerry for the first 5 miles! see you folks there!!! look for ol' 'nop! aiight!!!!
    working this shitttNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011

I better see you there Craig..I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011

I'll be at the plaza. Making smoothies with a bike-powered blender.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

^workin for boloco?

craig, what are you going to be doing for "work"EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

Working for Landry's.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    VectoredZev:^workin for boloco?

craig, what are you going to be doing for "work"

this:
    UA Bike ValetNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2011

Anyone who is working this event know when the actual crit is going on??? The website is woefully lacking in detail.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Is Hub on Wheels fun? It seems like it would be like WOBBLY NOOBS ON CRACK x 1000.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    The event itself is pretty fun, dunno about the ride. I've heard good things from commuters, but I mean...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

if the route is like the recent BNB ride (like someone said), yes it's a good ride. Except for the part where they had us come up blue hill ave
    Although I'll most likely be quite hungover due to a friend's moving away party, so we may all be doing the dinky 10 miler
    • CommentAuthorObo

@tiny yea, once you get out ahead of people from both the downhill on charles and the flat of storrow you leave the wobblers behind. And I think last year I only got stopped at 2 or 3 lights total. So they can't catch up.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2011 edited

Obo:Anyone who is working this event know when the actual crit is going on??? The website is woefully lacking in detail.

all the start times for the crit are up on bikereg
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011

^Sweet, ty

Also, I will be sure to be near the Redbones tent after the ride. OmnomnomI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    the ride is tons of funTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2011

Most of the wobbly noobs fall off after the first 8 miles. Then by 20, people start getting tired and head back on the 30mile route.

The 50 is a blast, cause most everyone willing to ride it, is somewhat experienced. Somewhat.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2011

can someone bring an extra pedal strap or two to Hub On Wheels. I broke mine. Kinda pissed.
    I'll be there round 7:30ish.

I can give cash if needed!EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2011

We, at the Landry's milkshake booth, made over 300 milkshakes. We used 26 containers of ice cream. And, it was using a direct drive bike powered blender. It was unhealthy, unclean, and delicious.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2011

^They were delicious, thank you.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014 edited

Bump. Who's going this year?

I'm actually gonna be in town this weekend -- I emailed jackie at livablestreets dot info about volunteering as a ride marshall (wasn't in town for the pre-rides but I've done it the past few years so maybe she needs more people and doesn't care). I already gave them my fitty bucks anyway so I'm riding no matter what and you can always give them your fitty bucks at the day-of registration -- I don't mind because it's FOR THE CHILDREN.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I'm going with my girlfriend. I haven't done it before, should be fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

i went. i couldn't tell if the chode level wasn't that bad, or i just don't care anymore. at least there was a peter mooney...