Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I have all the heps.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011

surprisefries:You gave it up too soon?

Yep. They'd already seen Marianna's twin peaks.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I've never been good at negotiatingi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    thinking of caving and getting some of those sexy hipster recessed cleat shoes that also look cool, like the ones chrome makes.

recommendations? do not like chrome as a company and do not think their shoes are terribly sexy, other recc's?
    I'm selling some if you're an 11. or 10.5 maybe. I recommend those.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011 edited

what size foot are you? i've got a really nice pair of mission workshop dzr's that i don't wear enough to keep around (i like cages better than clipless) i maybe rode them for a total of 10 days :/
    they fit a 10.5 - 11

here's them in action

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Mine are the Strasse. Hightop steez. Same size. I guarantee I can beat Sean's price. STOP CLOWNIN' ON ME FUNBOY.

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011 edited

i wouldve posted before you if i hadnt searched for a demonstrative picture to enhance my steezier post.

btw, high tops make people's (read: mine) calves look thick. who wants that?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011

Wow, Sean's a girl.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    no, i'm a pussy.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011

can someone recommend me a netbook to get?

no debating specs and shit plz, just link me to one to buy.

will use it for web browsing, and i'll put like 30 albums worth of music on there. that's it, no pictures or movies or whatever else.gone
    ^ i have a gateway that im pretty happy withTake-off everything but your rainboots
    Asus eee pc, the top end model is wicked nice, I'm currently typing on it. The mid range models are good, but are sometimes slow (my dad has one). You can put Linux on it and turbocharge it.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011

Yeah, def be prepared to spend money on the higher end models if you don't want yours to be painfully slow. I have a Toshiba NB305 and I want to throw it off a cliff. It's so damn slow. To be fair, I originally bought it to take notes in class, which it does handle fine. It has an Atom processor and some weird version of Windows 7 that is restrictive to the point where you can't customize your background."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    serriously people slow? Don't you remember DOS? my fucking little tiny 250 buck computer is fine for diddling the internetTake-off everything but your rainboots
    Windows 7 starter, which is the shittiest version of windows available. Toshibas also went down the tubes around, oh, 2005? If you upgrade to the regular windows (it's like a 50 dollar upgrade iirc) it gets significantly better. I put Windows 7 Ultimate (my dad's school bought an unlimited license...what) and a 2-gig stick of RAM instead of the 1 gig it came with (another 25 bucks or so) and I can actually run Adobe Lightroom.

Linux is also a good thing to have, either completely replacing windows with it or just running it side-by-side. It boots faster and runs a good bit smoother. Obviously, though, has some light limiations with what apps you can run.

I do remember DOS actually. I also remember upgrading my family's first computer from 56MHz to 133MHz and it being like WHOAAAA faster.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011

don't buy a netbook. architecture has been almost exactly the same for three years. save more money, buy a ultrabook/macbook air clone - it'll actually let you watch flash video/silverlight (b/c html5 video isn't coming fast enough), do things that are mildly associated with fun. like ben, i only bought a netbook for taking notes in class - and it works wonderfully for that. but anything that's more taxing than open office/libre office/word will overwhelm that tiny, 1.6 ghz single core processor. I have a mid-grade Acer one, and it refuses to play youtube on 360p settings. there's a reason why their market share went to crap in the past two years: tablets do fun better, and ultrabooks do work and fun better.

source: i had a netbook as a main computer for one semester of college (within the last three years); my entire GPA shot up 1.5 points b/c of lack of distractions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011

Stormy Arthur:serriously people slow? Don't you remember DOS? my fucking little tiny 250 buck computer is fine for diddling the internet
    goddamn kids. My first computer was an 8086 running dos that came with a LOTR text adventure, dBase, word perfect, and a character based space invaders with a hercules graphics card and a black and yellow monitor. Get off my lawn.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011

Whatever, I played Zork on a Commodore 64.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    what are the freewheel cogs that have lasted the longest for y'all? if you've ever used one...
    nothing fancy, inexpensive is good.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    MungoRocks:
    Stormy Arthur:serriously people slow? Don't you remember DOS? my fucking little tiny 250 buck computer is fine for diddling the internet
    goddamn kids. My first computer was an 8086 running dos that came with a LOTR text adventure, dBase, word perfect, and a character based space invaders with a hercules graphics card and a black and yellow monitor. Get off my lawn.

I had a PC Jr. Sometimes computers demand becoming orphans.
    seanile mick:what are the freewheel cogs that have lasted the longest for y'all? if you've ever used one...
    nothing fancy, inexpensive is good.

As in a thread on freewheel cog for SS use? or a fixed cog?

or...replacement cogs for a road cassette?

Shimano makes pretty aight freewheels.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012 edited

CraigwithScissors:As in a thread on freewheel cog for SS use
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012

dictas are super cheap and actually pretty good.
    shimanos are a little more expensive and also good/very good.
    the best are white industries ones- replaceable/better sealed bearings, replaceable cogs when yours wears out, better pawls/engagement, etc.

don't buy an acs claws one.gone
    aaah, white industries was what I was trying to think about.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Shimano fws have been my favorite for cost/durability considerations. The ACS fw that I have (bought it because it's a goofy size) took 2 winters to rust to shit.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    out of the three shimano freewheels i've had, one of them had a bowed cog-teeth line, fwiw.
    lookin for suggestions for a camera that is awesome for scenery and low-light situations, has video capablity, and is about $300.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i love my little canon powershot sx210is. it's no SLR/DSLR but you can control aperture and shutter speed and it has up to 6400 ISO. it's the one that i brought on my tour.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012 edited

Panasonic GF2 - http://www.adorama.com/IPCDMCGF2KKB.html

its worth the extra $149, trust me.

$400 here - http://www.samys.com/index/page/product/product_id/47393/product_name/Lumix+DMC-GF2+Digital+Micro+Four+Thirds+Camera+with+14mm+Lens+(Silver)RIDE METAL
    MOLLE gear never ceases to impress with the uses I can find for it. It's now u-lock approved. I *heart* military gear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    thanks for the camera recommendations btwsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^^so many loops. so many awesome possibilities.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthoradro
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012

Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive CX frameset? I've an old Ultegra group that I'd like to throw on it and use as my commuter.
    Crosscheck. If you're looking racier, Masi makes a pretty good one for <600.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012

from fixed.gr/nyc:

hey guys, you know that Benotto I keep posting that everyone's like, "Oh that bike's awesome someone should jump on that!"? Well now's your chance to jump on it.

[Previously on "Drew's Trying to Sell This Bike"]...

...Coming in at a touch over 56 square with a tight little back end (126mm rear spacing) and built like a tank, this signorina is actually a señorita... an early '80s Mexican Benotto that oddly has aero tubing. Devotion added canti mounts/cable guide and re-routed the the cabling cyclocross-style before powdercoating it white and then selling it to me. I built it 99% of the way up but then realized it was just too damn big for me

$200 $150 for Frame/Fork/Headset/BB/Seatpost (it's a random small size)
    I've got a short (I think 80 mm) Nitto technomic stem that I can throw in as well if you want to jack the bars up into cruiser position and make sure that they clear any sort of front cargo you might throw on there.

Someone get this thing the fuck out of my apartment.

I can get you in contact with the seller if you'd like
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012

I now have a car. Recommend some roof racks to me. I'd rather a) not need to remove the front wheel or b) remove the front wheel and have somewhere to put it on the rack (I don't have a whole lot of cargo space). I know I can just google shit, but I want to know if anyone has had any great/awful experiences with anything specific.
    Dan has a Thule rack that I believe is right up your alley, with the wheel storage. We use Thule at work too, and they work great across the board.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    recommendations for a suspension fork for xc, with a 29er version, $300ishsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    300 is gonna be a stretch there. You might be able to find a lower-end fox used for that much.

1.125?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    yea i figured as much. guess i gotta save a little more. 1 1/8. fuck decimals.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Yeah, just save up like 600 and prodeal a Fox F100 or Reba.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    oof. not worth it. not yet at least.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    rebas are the balls.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012

+1 re:rebaballsascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    ^mcentire especially.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012

Yeah maybe if you like reba-ilding ite-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    mrotown:Yeah maybe if you like reba-ilding it

i love what you did here, but i've never had this problem with my now 6+ year old reba race. there was a run of them that kept seizing up, i just never heard about it while buying them and got lucky? with mine.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012

I partly joke. They're a good fork for an oem fork. They're super easy to service but I find them to need more servicet than other fork.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Fox Shox ftmfwNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt