Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2019

Pretty sure it's this.

Also, don't be cheap and just buy lights for all your bikes. ;)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

nah, buying whole generator setups for the bikes you use most is really where it's at imo

or just get a really nice light with a stretchy strap, I've been using a 700 lumen bontrager one for years"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

a_lion:i have gatorskins on my road bike, and have only had flats from an effed up rim strip, none from, yknow, getting stabbed through. bike shop guy thinks i should replace them cuz they roll so much slower than whatever other ones. are some other tires gonna feel noticeably faster? enough that i want to deal with maybeflats? just run these into the ground for another year or three and not get gatorskins again next time?
    Keep riding gators, if you’re not racing it doesn’t matter. If you do decide to switch, go to conti gp4000iissomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2019

Someone gave me a slightly used one of those ^ and I think it was pretty good. I put it on a bike that I borrowed because the borrowed tire had a bad spot, but it was such a pain in the ass to switch out on his Dura Ace rim I just left it on when I gave the bike back. Good compensation I guess considering a spoke broke, and I couldn’t find a replacement :|
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2019

Any banks y'all like? Had a credit union out here, before that I had Cambridge Savings but then I saw they sponsored a police station in Central so fuck that. Going to be in Brighton"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    We like MIT credit union but you need to be an affiliate to join.

I used to use Wainwright, who were great. Now it's part of Eastern Bank- they said they were going to keep doing the great stuff Wainwright did but it's been years so I don't know if they are still following through.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2019

Is there anyone running in the Somerville elections that y’all like?
    I like the current councilors so I voted for them again. As for the mayoral election, nobody's gonna beat Joe, and I think he's doing a fine job, but maybe if his challenger gets a lot of votes it'll be motivating?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2019

Sat on my glasses like a moroon the other day, went to OMG Optical in Brighton because they were a lil local shop and open on Saturday and they were nice and managed to have whole new glasses made for me within an hour. A+ experience, do not recommend sitting on your glasses tho"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2019

Done that. Never set your glasses down on your bed, even for 2 seconds.
    Don't put 'em on the center console of your car either if you're the type of person who likes to plop your elbow down there.

Glad you got it sorted quickly!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D