Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2013

^in other news
    "parents exchange tips like how to get a baby to urinate on the street between parked cars." /on parked cars, I hope"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2013 edited

Andy: /on parked cars, I hope
    -_-
    why?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

you'd probably be pretty pissed off if some kid took a piss on your bike. i mean, do you really hate cars that much?
    Yeah, we won't be trying EC. Especially not in public, wtfuck.

But, I did see that Nicholas Day post and I did let BabyFries, who is becoming a fairly proficient toddler, toddle around a bit without a diaper. It wasn't enough time to see a real effect I'm sure, but he did seem a little more stable and faster. But given that we're not gonna go the EC route I'm not sure what benefit he'll get out of a few minutes here and there.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    My wife went to one of the Harvard Arts events a few weekends ago, at the Radcliffe quad, and apparently my kid was the only one running around and wading in the fountain buck-naked (but everyone was charmed). I don't think she relieved herself at all...?

The thing that's got me is all of sudden she's really into spinning around in place at the playground and making herself dizzy, and the stumbling around on the pavement. Mostly I'm surprised how easy it is for her to make herself dizzy, I swear she spins around 3 times and gets all stumbly.
    Fancy:

you'd probably be pretty pissed off if some kid took a piss on your bike. i mean, do you really hate cars that much?

uh yesYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

cut out the middle man then, piss on the person as they're opening the door....
    or just go to the dmv and pee on the group of kids taking their driver's tests.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

lol, y'all need to calm down, no one else thinks that's kind of funny? Rich parents in Williamsburg having their kids pee in between cars? Sorry, was trying to add to the diapers-are-bad thing."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    A woman my wife knows tried to talk her into doing elimination communication. Needless to say it didn't happen (attachment parenting, also no).
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Parenting sounds unimaginably difficult. Whatever works for anyone's situation, I don't have much of an opinion on this yet. You parenting people have my respect.

Also, I think it's hilarious how dramatically some people here think I despise cars. I really don't. They're useful tools, and I love cars and driving, in situations where it's necessary. Could I criticize and make fun of city drivers after a long day of being harassed and threatened by able-bodied people who aren't transporting anything but themselves and aren't going great distances who think they're entitled to clog up our roads and ruin our health when there's every other option at their disposal not to act like that? And can't even behave like adults with anyone else in traffic? Sorry, if you're selfish enough to street park in a city, I'm not going to feel that bad if a baby pees on your box.

I know, wrong thread, but not any more off-topic that all your mocking posts up there."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Trying not to be judgy, but some versions of the difficulties of parenting are more self-created than others. People managed to raise children to adulthood for generations with no books, they may have done it all wrong or whatever, but the kids did survive.

I confess I didn't understand that you were mostly joking about burning cars, et cetera (pee I don't care about). Clearly I got that it was mostly hyperbole, so I'm not entirely dense.
    GOD stop hi-jacking the thread I NEED LESSONS HERE.

^What he said about self-created problems. Number 1 thing that helps with parenting is to fucking relaaaaxxx already. Though what do I know, I'm only a year into it. So far so good, but being a *single* parent seems incredibly hard to me.

PS With all this talk about peeing between cars, am I the only one with this song stuck in my head?
    What I wouldn't give!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013 edited

Cheez:Oh duh, that's Craigie St, right (I only ride down it all the time)... my neighbor mentioned Craigie as also having a water feature?

I know, wrong thread, but if you're ever over Brookline way the park on St Paul by Comm is reportedly awesome.

The one at the top of Craigie (Morse-Kelley) does not have a water feature, but the one by the Dante Club (appx halfway between Summer St and Somerville Ave) does.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013 edited

Ah, cool... we'll have to go check it out before we move. One of the things we'll miss the most is all of the awesome playgrounds in Somerville.
    happy belated father's day ya bastards
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    So BF was into the bike trailer I rented for him on vacation, hooray, but the seat-back was straight all the way up, so with a helmet on it kinda pushed his head forward and seemed uncomfortable. Does that make sense? What to do? Do nicer trailers not have this problem?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Had the same problem with a chariot when she was shorter.

Raising savagesTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Hey when does she turn 18?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Too far, Zev.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Hessian Hobbies Part 3?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Dropped my keys this morning while carrying BabyFries, said "ah, shit," BabyFries says "shheeeyyt".

It was a good run, I guess.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2013

Hahaha awesome"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013

When your kid is diagnosed with Petit Mal Seizures use it as an opportunity to try and convince everyone that he goes into the spirit world and is possibly the Avatar. Is 6 too early for arrow tats?We are the small axe.
    Damnit, I had seizures a few times when I was a kid and no one ever thought to give me cool tattoos.

Lame!
    trying to get a shirt on BF is like roping a calf

but i really came here to post this
    Serious dad question. Do people still teach their kids to call adults Mr/Mrs/Ms whatever? MF and I are on opposite sides of this.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2014

Depends on the situation. For instance, I do expect my kids to address their school teachers as Mr/Mrs/Ms whatever, hell I think that's how I address some of their teachers. However most of their coaches are addressed as Coach + First Name. Friends of the family are generally on a first name basis, but acquaintances of the family are Mr/Mrs/Ms unless the individual states otherwise.We are the small axe.
    That's pretty much how I feel. I think the disagreement is over friends of ours, though I specifically thought of it in reference to our neighbors who are in their 70s and like we go out to breakfast with them once and a while but they aren't like good friends. I feel like they should be Mr./Mrs., but MF was all "wat".DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    A bunch of people are mr/ms firstname

Ms. Abby, Mr. Bruce ect.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2014

I think you should teach your kid to call everybody Señor/a and Señorita.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Got a video from daycare yesterday- they played dress-up and apparently BabyFries chose a pink tutu and, without prompting, started twirling around the room. I'm still laughing.

Also I am still debating MrsFries on the Mr/Mrs vs names thing. Most of our close in age friends are explicitly down with first-name basis, but I'm not giving in on Mr./Mrs. Lastname for our 70 year old neighbors.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014

My parents raised me on the formal titles, even aunt/uncle, they told me "call them aunt/uncle/mr/mrs, they earned that title"somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    surprisefries:Got a video from daycare yesterday- they played dress-up and apparently BabyFries chose a pink tutu and, without prompting, started twirling around the room. I'm still laughing.

Also I am still debating MrsFries on the Mr/Mrs vs names thing. Most of our close in age friends are explicitly down with first-name basis, but I'm not giving in on Mr./Mrs. Lastname for our 70 year old neighbors.

Could always ask the person being addressed. I know I called a lot of folks Mr. First name, etc.

seanile mick:My parents raised me on the formal titles, even aunt/uncle, they told me "call them aunt/uncle/mr/mrs, they earned that title"

I was also raised on titles, for most folks. As you get older these tend to go away.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I am at my parents' house for Easter/Marathon, and the neighbor next door just came by to borrow my parents' Easter Bunny costume (this one, for reference). When I asked what the plan was, the neighbor dad goes "Well, we had this idea, we're gonna take pictures of the kids sleeping, print them out and put them in their baskets - we have a skeptic in the house". It turns out when he told his wife this plan, she told him that my parents had a costume, and now shit is rolling.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2014

Just going to piss them off even more when the truth comes out, and theyre the last faithfuls at school being made fun of for their naivetesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    World's best dad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Even superheroes need to do homeimprovement?
    Fortress of Solitude don't keep itself up, yo.

tinyhonkshus:I am at my parents' house for Easter/Marathon, and the neighbor next door just came by to borrow my parents' Easter Bunny costume (this one, for reference). When I asked what the plan was, the neighbor dad goes "Well, we had this idea, we're gonna take pictures of the kids sleeping, print them out and put them in their baskets - we have a skeptic in the house". It turns out when he told his wife this plan, she told him that my parents had a costume, and now shit is rolling.

This is the best. Hope I remember it in a few years.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014

When your kid thinks Marvel's Hawkeye character is actually named Hot Guy don't correct him. I wonder what Hot Guy's special powers are? Weakening knees?

Also some of these were amusingWe are the small axe.
    tone:When your kid thinks Marvel's Hawkeye character is actually named Hot Guy

I know which name I use.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014

hahaWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    MiniFries and his daycare BFF were taking swings at each other within 5 minutes of dropoff (I was hanging out/chatting for a few). Two year old boys, man. At least MiniFries was the one that connected/won?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    MiniFries cracks me up because he's such a stereotypical boy- obsessed with trucks/trains/planes/etc, likes to play rough, fights (see above), etc. But then sometimes I turn around and he's like
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

Redefining masculinity is awesome.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    a former coworker of mine always brought his young son in to the converse office (i think he was like 3 or 4 at that point) and one day he came running in and yelled "EVERYONE LOOK AT MY NEW BOOTS!" with great zeal and showed off his new sparkly pink rain boots. Dad just said "he wanted pink sparkle boots. Who am I to tell him he can't have pink boots?"
    #goodparenting

Even, where are you guys that he found a tutu and proper fitting flats?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Haha, daycare. They have a firefighter coat and some other more butch stuff too, but the sequined things seem to be more popular.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    man, looking at the pic again, he's gotten so fucking big. I remember the first time I saw him at Maggie's parents house, just a little bean. AND NOW ANOTHER ONE ON THE WAY.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I know, we just had to get him new shoes- he's up to a size 8.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D