Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

IT'S ON.

Reg is hereNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011

signed up for the 180, will be putting on a giant cassette this year.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorObo

reg'd for the 115... gotta build those legs... fuck you Ames St hill, gonna own you.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    i'm gonna make a point to finally do this
    treestan, do you do this on your mooney or your GH?
    • CommentAuthortristan

mooney, natch.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan

Also, I am absolutely, positively not camping this year. That was a fucking mess.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Yes it was. Occupy Ella's Apartment, Phase II.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    well i just signed up for the 180k with ya, tree...
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I think I'm finally going to be able to do it this year.
    So many monster rides on the calender for 2012e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthortristan

YES TED, YES!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    ^TWSS?
    I hope there's room for me when I can afford to sign up.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Registering for D2R2 - the only way to guarantee a fucking wedding that weekend.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorstingobango
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011 edited

I don't think I'd miss D2R2 for my own wedding. And yes, Ted, TWSS. @craig, perhaps a "sponsor a cash-strapped D2R2 wannabe-rider" is in order. Essay contest on "why I love d2r2?"

Reg'd for the 180k, 's gonna be awesomeI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    • CommentAuthorObo

I'd be more than willing to sponsor people, especially since the field is limited, and especially since it'll be craig and me on the 115. All you bastids are upgrading to the big leagues.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    so are we all registering as TSB?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Apparently not.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorObo

rats, i forgot that part ><. I will absolutely be sporting the kit thoughI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    If I can figure out a way to justify doing this I will rep TSB.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    justification is the fact that it exists and also PEERPRESSUREPEERPRESSUREPEERPRESSURENaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

180k again for me, can't wait, d2r2 is a cycling holiday as far as I am concerned, wouldn't miss it for anything.RIDE METAL
    bring lights this year?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm def going to do this. Should I register for 100k or 115k? I expect to be in pretty good shape, but this will be my first real ride (when I get the dough to register)."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    115 because me and John are doing it.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

180k! do it!

lights might be a good idea this year...also leaving before 8am, also a good idea...RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorben

I signed up for the 180K though I've never done D2R2 and don't really have a good bike for it.

Tristan - why was camping bad? I paid for a spot....I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez

I'd say do the 115.

I'm gonna sign up soon. Seeing as I keep coming up with excuses not to finish the 180, I might do the 115 as well. Joe, Lenny, what you guys doing?

Amos?

It can be tough to sleep at the camp location, depending on where you get a spot, I suppose (and the field can be kinda uncomfortably lumpy). I camped the last two years, kinda tempted to do something different this time around.

Also, this year I plan not to get pulled over by the cops while driving around in Hadley eating cheerios (one taillight and both license plate lights out). Nice cop though, cops like me.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

ben:I signed up for the 180K though I've never done D2R2 and don't really have a good bike for it.

Tristan - why was camping bad? I paid for a spot....
    you'll be more than fine, i rode with 3 guys on road bikes (with road gearing and 23c tires) and only had minimal issues with flats n such.

camping sucked because it was WET, VERY VERY WET and if you get there after dark you better bring an awesome lamp/flashlight or something cause it is DARK. not to mention a thin little cushion mat on the ground isnt very comfy and there are cheap hotels very close by...definitely think ill be doin a hotel this year...a good nights rest goes a long way before i ride like that.RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthortristan

Camping sucked because the generators pop on at like 4:30am, and those things are loud. We didnt really have any problems with the wet, but we got there late and setting up a tent/sleeping on the very uneven ground wasn't super great. When it came down to the ride, Id had like 4 hours of sleep, couldnt keep down food (exhaustion barfiness) and was generally all fucked up.

I've spent many, many nights in a tent, and I even prefer my tent to most accommodations, but that night was brutal.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

about when would the registration for this (the 115) fill up?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

I did the 100k and had a blast. I think the road conditions are tamer than the 115k, more paved road and packed dirt. But that might have just been the bitching and moaning of Phil and Craig. I had a compact double with a mountain cassette so I had a 1:1 gear ratio on my cross bike. Definitely needed it. I didn't need to get off and walk up any hills (some people with road ratios were having to do this at spots). I can do a steep climb with a road group no problem, but the climbs on D2R2 are just lllonnngggg. The section before lunch (100, 115, and 180 all meet) is fast and has a LOT of vibration. Having a wide tire (I had 32c) that you can run at a low pressure is a blessing.

As for camping, waking up and driving in time for the 115k was no problem. But I'm not sure I would have wanted to leave early enough for the earlier 180k.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Just reg'd for the 180k.
    At least now I have an excuse for the Mr. Pink frameset I bought awhile back.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Generators at 4am were bad. And the ground was a recently-harvested field of something, so there were big lump-rows. There was much misery.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorObo

ill add the moaning to the "road" conditions of the 115k. the first half had some gnarly jeep track on it - albeit awesome jeep track. there was one part i remember that was just long flat wet and slippery rocks surrounded by babyheads to get over a hump.. slippppery...

(but i cant handle my bike for shit - tristan can attest)I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthortristan

I think theres a divot in the side of the road that can attest to that better than I canascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan

Id like to add a ringing endorsement for the Conti CX Speed tires - 700x35c file treads, which did a great job last year. I'll be riding them again this year.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    650Bx38 or GTFO!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    CraigwithScissors:justification is the fact that it exists and also PEERPRESSUREPEERPRESSUREPEERPRESSURE

Yes but I will have 4 month old minifries by then.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Bring him, ride with him on your back. DON'T FALL.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Yes!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

CraigwithScissors:Bring him, ride with him on your back. DON'T FALL.

i saw this yearsss ago on AFV
    still totally relevant.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

I should do this....
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2011

@Blowbar - Reg'd for 180K again (although I heard the climbs on the 115K were just as gnarly as on the 180K).

I got my ass handed to me the last 2 years b/c 38x26 was my lowest gearing...I got it down to 32x30, so Ames & Patton hills should be less of a shit-show.

I'm thinking there needs to be a spring recon ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2011 edited

Blobar:Joe, Lenny, what you guys doing?

I'm going to have to wait until January to sign up because I'm short on cheese until then. I'm thinking the 180.
    I'm definitely down for a spring recon ride.
    Saffs, you should do this.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2011

180k or GTFO.
    saffs, dooo it!RIDE METAL
    WWMD"here comes jon to the barry-ers!" "he stopped! he's grabbing a beer!" "he's still stopped, he's got another one!" "all he's doing is chugging beer!" "now he's not on the course anymore..."
    What would Madonna do?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    what would Merckx do.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Sweet, I'll sign up for the 180 again. Third time's the charm?

I could be wrong, but I don't think it'll fill up that fast.