Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2015

i'm glad you like that pad, it was made with love
    It shows, and I do like it lots.

I just had the sewing stuff out the other day for patches. I need to get motivated to get the sewing machine out, I"m running out of useable shorts.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2015

Overheard at the bike shop:
    "I want narrower tires"
    "Sure, if you want me to install them I can get the bike back to you tomorrow, we're pretty slammed now"
    "Oh yeah totally, this isn't NASCAR""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015

Haha I like that I want to read that in a douchey way but it's actually incredibly not douchey.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries

Oh man, if that only existed, I WOULD have no excuse! [but I do now]i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015

"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    ^ I read about this elsewhere. While I think the guy in the car was being a tool, seems like the guy recording may also have a history of being a tool.

Can't we all just not be total tools?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015

Someone want to link to the story?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2015

Full video was the very first thing that came up in a Google search for "guy chases after bicyclist":

Looks like they were both escalating the situation, but only the motorist escalated to violence.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015 edited

Exquisitely beautiful analysis of this video at Vice:
    "Has 2015 rendered a moment more perfect than this? It has not... This is our Mona Lisa."::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2015 edited

JuggaLOVE: paging joe kingsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

Every time I see something about juggalos I think of Lethal Weapon 5 and Workaholics.
    ^^The names are the best part.

Saturday I LOL'd while walking down Beacon (S'ville) between WF and Washington, 3 cop cars (2 marked, 1 unmarked) had a big SUV pulled over and two old townie looking guys handcuffed on the sidewalk. As I passed, one of the old guys goes "Man, I don't even know what this is about!" One of the cops says, "Well, but you do know what this is about." And the guy goes, "Well...yeah."DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015

What was it about?
    No idea, I walked as slowly as I could but couldn't glean any more info.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015

O man, non bike people trying to sell bikes.

"What size is it?"

"leg pole to seat is 20" or 25" with seat all the way up and wheel to wheel it's about 60""

"Is that the seat tube from the bottom bracket to where the seat post starts? How long is the top tube?"

"yeah... seat tube is 8" extended safely""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2015

Nandy:O man, non bike people trying to sell bikes.

"What size is it?"

"leg pole to seat is 20" or 25" with seat all the way up and wheel to wheel it's about 60""

"Is that the seat tube from the bottom bracket to where the seat post starts? How long is the top tube?"

"yeah... seat tube is 8" extended safely"

I'm pretty sure this is how i sound when I'm trying to communicate with seasoned bike mechanics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

^ I think you just gave me the idea for my next tattoo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

seanile mick:JuggaLOVE: paging joe king
    How do you think I met Maggie?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

^^^DickScrambler would be a great band name.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I LOL'd at Gay Japanese CandyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015

My museum's got a donor whose name is apparently Eph U. Johnson
    today I lol'd when I saw that some rando on FB is arguing with pocky that MUSEUM MEMBERSHIPS ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH KIDS, NOT ADULTS WHO WANT TO IMBIBE THE DEMON LIQUORi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015

He must be referring to the video game museum he enthusiastically upped when I was there.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015 edited

YES, THAT'S EXACTLY IT. How did you even find that argument?

That museum is fucking incredible.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    ^fb posts with a lot of activity get posted to newfeeds regardless of if you know the other parties.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    yeah, after I posted I was like "wait, everyone gets totally random convos in their feed sometimes, right? RIGHT?"

The whole "museums are for kids" thing made me just want to punch her in the face repeatedly while yelling "YOU ARE THE PROBLEM" and allowing childless adults into Legolandi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015

we have shoes made out of human skin in my museum, and while i know it's on the state's 3rd grade curriculum, i still thought it was weird when someone brought in 6 6 year olds and insisted they hear the story about the murders, lynching, and human experimentation that led to these shoes
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015 edited

I now really need to hear the story of these shoes.

ETA: Found it. That is really weird.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

the not-actually-short version is that big nose george was a criminal in wyoming, who was with a gang in 1878 that decided to rob a train by derailing it. unfortunately for them, a train employee saw the damaged tracks and was able to warn the train in time, so the train backed up to the nearest town safely, and a sheriff and a sorta law man for the train company went off to track down the gang. (this part happened literally the day before thomas edison came into town on the train!)

the gang hid in a valley and just shot the crap out of those two lawmen, which was the first death in the line of duty for any officers in wyoming, so a friggin huge bounty was put out on the gang, and they split up and ran away (and mostly died or were caught in the next few years).

2 years later, big nose george is in montana, has a few too many drinks, and starts bragging about getting away with killing a law man. news gets back down to wyoming, and a sheriff goes up and captures him and brings him back to rawlins (he's actually taken off the train and nearly lynched at a town near here, where another of his gang had been lynched, which is something they recreate every year - this area is fucked up). george pleads guilty, then realizes they're going for 1st degree murder and changes his plea to innocent, but is still found guilty and sentenced to hang.

the hanging isn't scheduled for several months, but as it approaches, big nose george plans to escape. he somehow gets a pen knife and pries the bolts out of his shackles, then uses them to brain his jailer (actually causing permanent brain damage). he's still on his bad luck streak, though, as the jailer's wife was just coming by, and she manages to get her husband's gun and force george back into his cell (oh how embarrassing, stopped by a woman).

town officials are terrified that he's going to escape and they'll be blamed, so they have a blacksmith make some new 10 pound shackles that day and put them on him. waste of time, though, cuz that night townspeople hold up the prison and take big nose george down to front street, where nearly the entire town has gathered. they string him up, but the first time it doesn't work (possible the barrel they had him step off wasn't high enough), and in the fuss of stringing him up a second time his hands get free, and he grabs on to the telegraph pole the rope is over, and manages to climb a few feet up, begging the crowd for someone, anyone to shoot him, so he doesn't have to strangle. no one does, and eventually his arms give out and he hangs. between the two hangings, his ears are rubbed off (we have his death mask, no ears!). this is all done by about 10pm. (early to bed, early to rise, etc)

in town, there's a doctor who has a significant interest in the criminal mind, because his wife suffered multiple brain injuries from horseback incidents that left her criminally insane, leading her to try to kill her family. he sees george's body as a useful study tool, so sends his partner dr. osborne to go fetch the body, which he claims he gets governmental permission to do, but he took the body at midnight so everyone finds that questionable.

over the next year, these two doctors and their 15 year old assistant lillian (later both a fashion model and the first female doctor in wyoming) perform experiments on the body, keeping it in a whiskey barrel with a salt solution when they're not working on him, but the barrel's in full view of anyone who comes to the office. when they've learned all they're going to, osborne decides to take a souvenir and takes skin from the chest and thighs and has it tanned. He has it made into a medicine bag, a pair of shoes, and a coin purse (i think that was actually his balls but we don't tell tourists that??), and is hella disappointed that the shoe maker ignored his request to work in the nipples so it'll be obviously human. the shoes are now creased from wear, and supposedly he wore them to his later inauguration as mayor.

lillian's offered a piece of skin, says nah, and takes the skull cap. the body's put back in the barrel, and buried behind the building. ~70 years later during construction it's discovered. lillian's husband sees the discovery and goes "huh i bet this is what my wife has been talking about since forever!" and goes home and gets his ash tray/door stop/pin holder/flower pot, dusts it out, and brings it back to the body, where it matches up perfectly with the bottom of the skull in the barrel, identifying the body as big nose george. we've got the skull, and the rest of the body disappeared, supposedly either burnt in a barrel of oil, dumped in the desert, or both.

people come in off the highway all the damn time just wanting to see the shoes, show us the shoes, we only want the shoessss and then are pissed that it's one of 3 things in the joint that you can't take pictures of
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

daaangit why'd i even type all that then
    i read yours and only yours, corinne.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015

<3
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

I read the Wikipedia story one first and then yours, and yours is MUCH better!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Samei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

yay, thanks! i don't actually deal with visitors much, but if we're busy enough that i do help out front, that's prooobably what i'm going to have to talk about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015 edited

If you haven't already, steal someone's Netflix and watch Game of Death, that one where Bruce Lee died half way through. It's amazing. I'm 10 minutes in and can hardly handle it. 11/10. A+++++.

Couldn't find a gif, but that is badly pasted."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

How to properly heckle cyclists:
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    ^^SO GOOD

Also awesome when he's fighting the dude after Kareem Abdul Jabbar (been a while since I've seen it) and in the middle of the fight he gets kicked by what is clearly KAJ's leg.

^excellentDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015

This is a work of cinematic genius:

It kind of makes me want to buy their product.

I'll never look at ice cream the same way again.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2015

i want to see the outtakes where that guy couldn't keep a straight face
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

a_lion:the not-actually-short version is that big nose george was a criminal in wyoming, who was with a gang in 1878 that decided to rob a train by derailing it. unfortunately for them, a train employee saw the damaged tracks and was able to warn the train in time, so the train backed up to the nearest town safely, and a sheriff and a sorta law man for the train company went off to track down the gang. (this part happened literally the day before thomas edison came into town on the train!)

the gang hid in a valley and just shot the crap out of those two lawmen, which was the first death in the line of duty for any officers in wyoming, so a friggin huge bounty was put out on the gang, and they split up and ran away (and mostly died or were caught in the next few years).

2 years later, big nose george is in montana, has a few too many drinks, and starts bragging about getting away with killing a law man. news gets back down to wyoming, and a sheriff goes up and captures him and brings him back to rawlins (he's actually taken off the train and nearly lynched at a town near here, where another of his gang had been lynched, which is something they recreate every year - this area is fucked up). george pleads guilty, then realizes they're going for 1st degree murder and changes his plea to innocent, but is still found guilty and sentenced to hang.

the hanging isn't scheduled for several months, but as it approaches, big nose george plans to escape. he somehow gets a pen knife and pries the bolts out of his shackles, then uses them to brain his jailer (actually causing permanent brain damage). he's still on his bad luck streak, though, as the jailer's wife was just coming by, and she manages to get her husband's gun and force george back into his cell (oh how embarrassing, stopped by a woman).

town officials are terrified that he's going to escape and they'll be blamed, so they have a blacksmith make some new 10 pound shackles that day and put them on him. waste of time, though, cuz that night townspeople hold up the prison and take big nose george down to front street, where nearly the entire town has gathered. they string him up, but the first time it doesn't work (possible the barrel they had him step off wasn't high enough), and in the fuss of stringing him up a second time his hands get free, and he grabs on to the telegraph pole the rope is over, and manages to climb a few feet up, begging the crowd for someone, anyone to shoot him, so he doesn't have to strangle. no one does, and eventually his arms give out and he hangs. between the two hangings, his ears are rubbed off (we have his death mask, no ears!). this is all done by about 10pm. (early to bed, early to rise, etc)

in town, there's a doctor who has a significant interest in the criminal mind, because his wife suffered multiple brain injuries from horseback incidents that left her criminally insane, leading her to try to kill her family. he sees george's body as a useful study tool, so sends his partner dr. osborne to go fetch the body, which he claims he gets governmental permission to do, but he took the body at midnight so everyone finds that questionable.

over the next year, these two doctors and their 15 year old assistant lillian (later both a fashion model and the first female doctor in wyoming) perform experiments on the body, keeping it in a whiskey barrel with a salt solution when they're not working on him, but the barrel's in full view of anyone who comes to the office. when they've learned all they're going to, osborne decides to take a souvenir and takes skin from the chest and thighs and has it tanned. He has it made into a medicine bag, a pair of shoes, and a coin purse (i think that was actually his balls but we don't tell tourists that??), and is hella disappointed that the shoe maker ignored his request to work in the nipples so it'll be obviously human. the shoes are now creased from wear, and supposedly he wore them to his later inauguration as mayor.

lillian's offered a piece of skin, says nah, and takes the skull cap. the body's put back in the barrel, and buried behind the building. ~70 years later during construction it's discovered. lillian's husband sees the discovery and goes "huh i bet this is what my wife has been talking about since forever!" and goes home and gets his ash tray/door stop/pin holder/flower pot, dusts it out, and brings it back to the body, where it matches up perfectly with the bottom of the skull in the barrel, identifying the body as big nose george. we've got the skull, and the rest of the body disappeared, supposedly either burnt in a barrel of oil, dumped in the desert, or both.

people come in off the highway all the damn time just wanting to see the shoes, show us the shoes, we only want the shoessss and then are pissed that it's one of 3 things in the joint that you can't take pictures of

So, do you write Bettermyths.com? I was reading through some of these and thought of your story."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

hah nah. but that creepy doctor is relevant in my life again, because today i got permission to deaccession a mummy's foot he brought home from vacation in egypt (that apparently spent several decades in a mayonnaise jar before someone re-packed it??), and try to find who the hell in egypt would want it now...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2015

I know Wyoming is boring and all that, but your job seems to have an extremely high crazy/cool factor.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015

Yeah this area is an absolute nightmare, but my job's pretty sweet!
    Why haven't we done this yet?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2015

Probably because it's illegal to intentionally create a dangerous situation like that with the intention of harming someone, even if they are stealing your shit and shouldn't beI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    PARTY POOPERDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2015

Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)