Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Fair enough, but you MUST admit a disc wheel is totally like a hamburger bun.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:I still don't fully understand what Drum and Bass is.

This.
    More of Sub Focus
    Also this.
    Sort of.

Dubstep and Drum and Bass are pretty closely related...I made a family tree of electro music one time, I can't remember where I put it though. Dubstep and DnB are like siblings or roommates...Dubstep is the loud, loveably obnoxious one, and DnB is a little more modest and methodical, but still knows how to party.

And Darkwave is their crazy downstairs neighbor they hang out with sometimes.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012

^ It's interesting observe how technology has permitted certain genres of electronic music. Namely, sample time and time stretching. Sample time was expensive (RAM, type of sampler, etc) and the ability to change the tempo of a sampled beat without affecting the pitch, critical. Hardcore didn't have time stretch in that era, so beats were pitched up - often from hip hop sources.
    It's amazing stuff - to anyone intretested, ha!
    I gleaned a lot from studio time, when I a started, in the '90s.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkkk3Nbyqpc&feature=related

This cool, but requires time.....

"I still don't fully understand what Drum and Bass is."

Sampled hip hop beat, chopped up, time timestretched to around 160 bpm, then the deep reggae style bass is at half tempo underneath. That's the format! Add vocal delays, cut ups from records, vocals, etc.
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Craigglesofdoom:
    surprisefries:I still don't fully understand what Drum and Bass is.

This.
    More of Sub Focus
    Also this.
    Sort of.

Dubstep and Drum and Bass are pretty closely related...I made a family tree of electro music one time, I can't remember where I put it though. Dubstep and DnB are like siblings or roommates...Dubstep is the loud, loveably obnoxious one, and DnB is a little more modest and methodical, but still knows how to party.

And Darkwave is their crazy downstairs neighbor they hang out with sometimes.

#2, and #3 definitely have the stereotypical Drum & Bass/Jungle beat. Break Beat is another variation on that beat, and it kind of became it's own thing... There's also 2step, which is something else... and Dubstep, which is basically slowed-down hiphop beats with the obligatory synth sounds that they use. But dubstep doesn't really have the trademark D&B beat, which I guess is called the "Amen Break."

On the other side of the EDM family tree, you have Techno, House, and Trance, and all those fun sub-genres that each one has.
    This is very educational, thanks guys! I know pretty much nothing about EDM, except that Skrillex is brostep, not real Dubstep.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:This is very educational, thanks guys! I know pretty much nothing about EDM, except that Skrillex is brostep, not real Dubstep.

I still love that Deadmau5 wore this shirt
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ^that was pretty greatDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    There are as many sub-genre's of drum and bass as there are of punk.

intelligent
    dark step
    2-step
    nerofunk
    tech step
    hardstep
    liquid funk

To name a few.

Here are a quick samples.

This is an older "intelligent" (atmopsheric) track
    http://youtu.be/ryiCzuY0JNg

Simialr to above, but starting to get a bit harder (great Twin Peaks sample)
    http://youtu.be/AL50TlfX4uE

Getting darker
    http://youtu.be/C3GUw0NEv-I

This is where things start to get BRUTAL:
    http://youtu.be/OdKG7Fg8Edk

A little more epic/dance-floory, but dNb always retains a dark/hard edge for "dance" music.
    http://youtu.be/9CxPoseT0qE
    http://youtu.be/Zzz0oF8jBuk

This is the "epic" side of things.
    http://youtu.be/imp0BqHBxyQ

And this is just kick-ass old Swedish punk, well, just because. Ebba Gron. This is *such* a good punk anthem. Very Wipers.
    http://youtu.be/Gbc1WmA2yDEAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    OMG AWESOME I WANT LEMONADEYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    HI ELLA WHERE ARE YOU COME SAY HI SOMETIMEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Oh, man, did I LOL today.

First, this. Watch the video. Boston's finest. Woman tried to ride motorized
    scooter up an MBTA escalator. Yeah. Didn't work out so well. Fail.

Second, this. Love the sticker.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.

Amazon knows me so well.
    fixie lifestyleDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorcmcintosh
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

^^I can't express how much that made me scream.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    SLAM. THAT. SEATPOST!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha. Nothing really there yet, but I like where someones head is at.

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012

EPIC! Stratton:SLAM. THAT. SEATPOST!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha. Nothing really there yet, but I like where someones head is at.

SO funny.
    I HATE all the slam the stem stuff. It's so self-evident, you know, slam it, don't, put it backwards, it's just as would be said in Blighty: bollocks....
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

Black MetalDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012

I’m fairly certain this picture started with the phrase, “hold my beer and get your camera ready”
    omfg that's awesomesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    EPIC! Stratton:San Diego shot their wad (of fireworks) off prematurely. Whole thing only took 15 seconds or so. Talk about embarrassing!

I missed this but it is amazingNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Cheez:Nuggetross, bfixed's Biden.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.

eta: It's the 1-year anniversary of the East Coast EarthquakeDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Realizing we had taken the wrong street yesterday on the way back from Salem because we definitely didn't pass Bunghole Liquors on the way there...You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012

^^heh, I'll never forget watching my TV shake and feeling the building sway and thinking to myself -- "It's two in the afternoon, I haven't had a drink all day, why does it feel like I'm drunk"I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2012

Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    Drive-By Shouting from car tonight on ride home from work: PREMIUM RUSH, DUUUUUUUDE! I am just so happy that all the frat boys are back in town.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012 edited

Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012

sorry, that's gigantor

from this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/the-simpsons-gifs_n_1844120.html#slide=1427571Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    ^ this is the best thing I've ever seen.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    HEE HEE HEE ^^YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2012

I seriously hope that is a protestor of some kindI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    clicky clicky on the pic-yDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2012

Oh dear god yesI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    twitter.com/Bill_Nye_thoDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Live-tweeting an acid trip.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    i did that once. i forgot what a blog was after like an hour thoughthis life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    Yeah, I was pretty impressed. Someone made a storify of it, worth reading if you're bored.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I want to know the explanation for this:

•  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012 edited

about 6 months worth of late pass right theresomebody turn the lights off on this place already.