Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlenny
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012

Tim and I are gonna do most or all of this: http://www.strava.com/rides/all-your-trails-are-belong-to-us-4074045.

Meet at Cafe Fixi in Wash Sq at 9am Sunday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012 edited

More info on de Ronde: http://roseyscot.blogspot.com/2012/02/route-for-ronde-v3.html ... Kinda like D2R2 in the early spring
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I did it last year on my single speed and was pretty tired at the end.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorObo

That looks like a great routeI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012 edited

Hey, I am thinking of setting up a water/hollering station in Needham, is that the first 10ish miles or last?

edit: for the real Rondei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    i believe that's the first 10
    Er, crap, I didn't read the Sunday part right the first time... although that might actually work better for me (I thought we were still talking Saturday). I'll text my wife and make sure that's cool with her (and a potential CL buyer and tell him Saturday's better for me).
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012

Yah, I can only do Sunday; let me know if you can rearrange. Weather looks better for Sunday too (not as windy as Saturday).
    I'm a-ok for Sunday, sorry about the reading comp fail.

The CL guy can take Saturday or leave it.
    Feck, I just realized I've been reading the GPS map backward... so much for my carefully written out 4.5 pages of turn-by-turn directions.
    Got my ass handed to me on this one... and we didn't even make it through the entire first half before calling it a day.

To be fair I'm wicked out of shape after months off the bike, and going ankle deep in freezing muddy water several times while trying to negotiate "the swamp trail" didn't help my legs feel any better.

Thankfully there's more than enough time to prepare, I might've been in even worse shape last year at this time. Also, g_d willing, it's likely to be a bit warmer come April.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012

The course is no joke. It took 5 hours to get thru 1/2 of it (Rosey + friends did the whole thing in 6).
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012

because rosey and his friends (at least the ones I know of) are all beasts.RIDE METAL