Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

SOCIAL(IST) WEDNESDAYS: Group ride, with special emphasis on the social.
    DEPARTS: 7:30pm-ish, from the park across from Toscanini's (Central Sq).
    BRING: Bike, helmet, humor, lights, booze, and a positive attitude.
    THE PLAN: Destination, theme, route, weekly sacrifice victim, etc. all TBA on weekly basis (as discussed in this thread). Make suggestions! This is social-ism at is best!

"A ride-around-town, go to cool places around the city, hangout a bit, ride some more, kind of deal."All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Zomar, thanks for getting the ball on this moving. We def need a revival party of this type moving into the spring/summer.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012

Woohoo! Looking forward to this. Thanks to you too!
    YES.

can we get ice cream before :DNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues

Cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

suggested points of interest - le docks, the outdoor theater in brighton, north end harbor (near the baseball field)
    where else?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

castle island, mt vernon in arlington, prospect hill castle, the seals, bunker hill monument, quincy quarries, spy pond
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

woop"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Ok, Wed is 3 days off. Knowing BFG it will take us 4 days to come up with plan for Wed, so let's get an early start. Anyone have suggestions for for route, point of interest, end point/bar, etc for this week? Zomar, you gave birth to this baby, so I kinda feel like you should be the default decision maker for the kick-off.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012

Being new to town and BFG I am going to defer to the majority. Castle Island looks cool tho....
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012

I'm down with whatever. Charlestown/Bunkerhill is cool.

It might rain on Wednesday night.
    ^Yeah, I was starting to wonder if weather was going to get all jiggy on our blast-off party.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorthehum
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

FB Group created.theHum
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

Forecast now saying snow then rain. Hmmm.
    Hopefully the weather changes, it ain't looking good.
    I got called into the moonlight job for tomorrow. Doesn't mean I can't go on the ride, it just means I may have to break-off early. I've got be in around 9:30pmish, in the Back Bay area. Let's hope the rain holds-off!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    the sky is looking pretty threatening this morning.tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012

THE RAIN GODS HAVE SPARED US! We might get some showers today but they'll be over by 6pm.

Current Forecast:

7 pm
    51°F
    Partly Cloudy
    Feels like 48°F
    Chance of Precipitation 20%
    Humidity 63%
    Wind: From SSW 8 mph

See you cool cats at 7pm. The ride will dilly-dally so we won't leave at 7pm, but try not to be late or you might miss it. Route to be determined by riders based on their interests.
    Shoot, I'm gonna have to join next week. I forgot about some prior engagements.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    It's a go!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

I should be there - perhaps on my new bike if I get the housing set up today :D
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL

I'm stuck at work this evening, but will definitely come out for future rides!! Have fun tonight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

why doesn't this start at the CSC? like the weds night rides of yore?mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    I'll do my best do be there, although I've got a lot of work to get done

Bach~ez:why doesn't this start at the CSC? like the weds night rides of yore?

While I wasn't on the rides of yore, CSC would be much closer to me so I vote for it. That being said, Tosci's is fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues

FatherSorry:I'll do my best do be there, although I've got a lot of work to get done

Yeah, me too, some last minute stuff. Next week for me 110%
    Bach~ez:why doesn't this start at the CSC? like the weds night rides of yore?

I suggested possible staring points in the other thread. No one latched on to CSC, but they did to Toscis, so that's why. We can certainly change it from week to week.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

FWIW: Thursday night rides of yore started at Tosci/PuPu park.
    ^ TruthAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

can we do a 6 pack shuffle once a month?mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL

I suggested possible staring points in the other thread. No one latched on to CSC, but they did to Toscis, so that's why. We can certainly change it from week to week.

I think changing the location week to week will probably get confusing for folks...
    ^+1somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

going outside now. see many of you tonight.
    So that was fun. Only took me about 20 minutes to get separated. I saw a dude took a left at a red that I thought was with us...turns out he wasn't. I took a solo ride, twas excellent. Let's do this again next week (providing you guys didn't all decide that this is a terrible idea.)
    I'm transmittin' live from work now. Not bad for the kick-off event. We missed the rain, and had about 10 people or so show-up. Who all from BFG actually went? I remember bikes, but putting bike-to-face-to-name-to-screen-name has never been my strong point (I had the Cinelli Histogram for anyone else who has the same problem). Where did y'all go after I broke off for work? Thanks to Zomar for making it all happen.

Who's got suggestions for next week?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^^ We were wondering where you went!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

We ended up riding up mass ave, took a right on mystic valley parkway before arlington, then went into the hills by tufts, back through davis to mass ave to harvard square to everyones home.

Sorry we lost you FatherSorry but I'm glad you're still down to do it again!

Nice meeting lots of you. See you next week.
    • CommentAuthorObo

i hope to be there next week with my new whipI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    I'm Matt. I had the little red peugeot conversion with the thick rims. I had a pretty great time. Looking forward to next week.tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    Glad to hear that it went well, I'll see you all next Wednesday.
    yea man, for sure. I realized that we had lost you when we got down to Atlantic Ave. I was in a second group that had gotten separated at that light. I saw someone make the left, and I actually was going to turn as well, but a car was in my way and I ended up going straight. Sorry about that though.tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    • CommentAuthorASerrano

I'm the guy with the black bag with all the blinking lights. If you guys are doing his again next week, I'm down. And Yo, where is this race next Thursday?
    ^ see the Black Falcon thread for info.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

ASerrano:And Yo, where is this race next Thursday?

Black Falcon Cruise Terminal http://blackfalconcrit.tumblr.com/
    Bach~ez:can we do a 6 pack shuffle once a month?

shit yeah.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    CraigwithScissors:

shit yeah.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I'll be at the next one for sure. I had to cover for someone tonight last-minute.

Also I just realized that BFCritThing is on Thursdays. Which sucks bigtime for this guy.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    CraigwithScissors:

shit yeah.

Craig, I think we should do a "Social 6 Shuffle" next week.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012

It was fun ride... I peeled off when the group that was reportedly going to Davis started heading into Arlington. How far down Mass Ave did you guys get? It also seems like we crashed a lot of reds, and I did see a cop sitting right next to one of them :| Anyway, looking forward to coming to more of these!
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012

I was also waylaid en route to Davis. Rode around there a bit but didn't see anyone. So Helena and I went to shay's and had beers.
    End points should definitely involve beer, in my opinion
    tyler:
    End points should definitely involve beer, in my opinion
    tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.