Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This was the most fun Wednesday ride I've been on yet. The pond was lovely and refreshing. Meeting up with the solstice ride was fun, but didn't last too long. There were a ton of them, and they had more plans than our stomachs could handle. We opted for the tastiest of burgers, Tasty Burger. It was excellent.

Chris, sorry to hear about your lack of luck. Hopefully next week goes better.

Also, oleyb, you should post in the introduce yourself thread.
    I started out on the CW Solstice ride, but ended the evening having beer and burgers with you guys at Tasty Burger. For some reason, I feel like that girl who went to prom with one guy, but ended up going into the after-prom bouncy-castle with a different guy, except, you know, without the slut-shaming afterward.

All in all, it was a magical evening. I look forward to the next Wednesday's evening bicycle adventure.
    janevalenz:For some reason, I feel like that girl who went to prom with one guy, but ended up going into the after-prom bouncy-castle with a different guy, except, you know, without the slut-shaming afterward.

New sig file. Brilliant.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    despite some untimely flats/having a hard time keeping the group together, beers and ponds/rivers more than made up for it. bring yo towels next week people!this life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    Posted on the FB page. That was one hell of a flat-ride!

"And when Clare came to pick up the loaner bike from CW, I notice that it's flat, we patch it with a shitty glueless patch, it flats again, and only THEN do I notice the text message I got telling me to bring a tube for it. And then at the very end of the night, on my way out from Tasty Burger, I hop on MY bike and notice that *I'm* flat... When it rains, it pours."All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012

I second this:
    fancymolding:bring yo towels next week people!

And this too, I think:
    FatherSorry:This was the most fun Wednesday ride I've been on yet.

It was a really great ride. Good people with pond, beer, and river. Hard to beat that.
    chr|s sedition:Posted on the FB page. That was one hell of a flat-ride!

"And when Clare came to pick up the loaner bike from CW, I notice that it's flat, we patch it with a shitty glueless patch, it flats again, and only THEN do I notice the text message I got telling me to bring a tube for it. And then at the very end of the night, on my way out from Tasty Burger, I hop on MY bike and notice that *I'm* flat... When it rains, it pours."

Damn. Who knew getting flats was contagious? Also, I never had much luck with glueless patches. Sometimes it would hold for like a day, but after that, pfffffft.
    Plus if there's no glue you can't sniff it and get hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I propose we try to add some "themes" to these rides.

-Guerilla Ride: visit various pieces of "guerilla" art around the city. Perhaps even create/install some in the process???
    -Radical Ride: visit some historical spots of Boston's radical social justice movements/events
    -Doom Ride: visit spots of historic castrophes
    -Haunted Ride: visit spots that are supposedly haunted (we did this near Halloween on the E.R. Thursday ride in like 2008. It was fun.)
    -Etc.

It might add something educational to the rides, and also provide some destinations/routes...albeit, it would take a bit more planning.

Thoughts?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I like it. Doom ride could be cool. Molasses flood, Hancock building, Big Dig...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012

That would be great, especially the Guerrilla Ride.
    I'm down for any and all of these, we should just establish them beforehand instead of our usual way.
    I'm down for a themed ride... just as long as we don't have to wear costumes. That almost never ends well.
    ^ That thought had never crossed my mind, but now that it has.... :PAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012

Nooooo planning makes rides weak. I love the Wednesday night rides because it's my time to fuck around on bikes with friends and not have to worry about anything. If I wanted a guided tour I would start one. I really think we should keep the Wednesday night rides up in the air and let the decision fall when most everyone has shown up. Take your thematic tours to another day.

^ Plus taking it to another day wouldn't be so hard seeing as you already have 5 or so people interested in it.
    FWIW: I am totally cool with utter chaos, or something more planned out. I was just trying to think ways to keep it interesting, fresh, and evolving.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Roll call for tonight.

I'm in.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    YESSAH.

Destination: Cutler??Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFatherSorry
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012 edited

Myself and possibly another.

Edit: will leave early because of the damn hills.
    Def a fun ride tonight. Out to Cutler in Nedham and back to the docks.

NEXT WEEK: Wed is July 4, so all chaos will be going down. However, there is a full moon on July 3, and since the 4th is a holiday, there is talk of a Midnight Full Moon Ride.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    im down for full moon ride, was going to try to schedule one anyhowTake-off everything but your rainboots
    There is a BNB benefit at that Pizza/Bowling place in Davis Sq earlier in the night. I don't know the details of it, but it might make sense to leave from there, depending on what time it ends.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I'm in the shop till 8, but as its a full moon ride we shouldn't leave till the sun is set and the moon is high in the skyTake-off everything but your rainboots
    Stormy For Mod!:...as its a full moon ride we shouldn't leave till the sun is set and the moon is high in the sky
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012

Cutler was awesome.
    I'm just surprised I'm not itching all over from bites this morning.
    Would go back with cross bike instead of skinny fixed.

Docks was fun too! The breeze was just right for cooling off.
    Full Moon, Bright LightsTake-off everything but your rainboots
    couple pics from the ride up here. More to come.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Who is in tonight? I'm still TBA.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    So the facebook seems to have heavily taken over attempting to plan this ride, although nothing gets planned still. I'll be there. Seems the plan is either the Arboretum or a Waltham loop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012

I'm in. Looks like two distinct rides. Arboretum gets my vote.
    DAMMIT I FORGOT ABOUT THISYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    At 5:30pm I got called into work "for about 2 hours.". Was hoping to meet up with people later on. At 12am I'm still at work. Been texting with Juan and checking the pics on the Facebook page all night. Looks like I missed a good one. :(All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012

let's not let facebook steal this thread, yeah?
    whats on fb?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012

There's a separate thread on Facebook concerning the same ride. But it seems silly to be up in arms about such a thing. If a plan starts here and a plan starts there, when we meet up we'll discuss it like we always do and a verdict will be reached. Although I do prefer to keep it all one ride just to keep things fresh and friendly.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012

I'm hardly up in arms. but typically people discuss possible rides in this thread, attendance, alternate plans etc. I like to be privy to these things before committing to a ride and I don't use facebook. I'd just like to find the information where it always and originally was found, that's all.
    Chris Zomar suggested getting a social ride together again.

I latched onto the idea, and proposed a day, time, and meeting place, and started this thread. Zomar went out on many of the first rides. I did not. Now I have been going out on many of the rides, and Zomar has not.

Subsequant to this thread, a Facebook page was started. Some of the FB people have made claims that they "orginized and/or started the ride" (I couldn't care less about who the fuck did it). More people use FB than use BFG, so contingent on a given week, the FB crowd is able to establish more of a critical mass than BFG is. That said, the "original" source of info was *this* thread, but no one really is, or should be, in "control." After all, it IS the Social(ist) Ride. :PAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yeah, fuck them!
    or something

But for real the reason I brought it up is just that it's nice to know where to find information. That being said, this ride is still pretty unplanned.
    Juan just posted a good idea for this week over on FB: A BBQ. We havn't done one yet this summer. Perhaps head over to hang with the polo kids and drink/BBQ/etc with them?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012

BBQ. Hell yeah.unstuck in time
    I'm down for anywhere involving a BBQ, but this time we should decide beforehand for simplicities sake.
    I still voto for the polo courts. It's out of the way, people won't care if we are drinking or BBQing, other bike people will be there, people could play polo if they wanted, etc, etc.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Ok, following up on Craig's suggestion on FB. The new park under the Zakim is awesome. But def need to go after dark. I propose hang/bqq/drink at polo until it gets dark. Then head over to the Zakim.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012

Impending thunder storms/tornadoes/doom might make a BBQ dicey. I'm still down to ride (barring heavy rain/aforementioned doom) though.
    Uh oh! It's Tuesday night and no one's talking yet.

Do the bump ya'll.
    I'll be busy till about 8-9 probably, catch up after.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012

I'll be thurr, riding yet another person's bike.
    • CommentAuthor•••
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012

i'll rage
    I just got home from helping friend move all day. I'm a bit toast. TBA if I am going to show tonight.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Better late than never. Good seeing ya'll tonight.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.