Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I just rode from Porter Sq to Roslindale Sq and back. I swear no matter which direction I was going I had a doom(head)wind. Combined with the fact that I didn't sleep well last night, and was already feeling a bit sluggish, today was one of the worst feeling rides I've ever had. Fuckin' Sisyphus 'n' shit.

But anyway, that reminded me of just HOW windy Boston/MA is compared to the rest of the US.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/windiest-cities.php

Then, if we look at a smaller scale definition of "city," we get the below link. Note how MANY of the top 20+ are in the Boston area.

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c467.html

Welcome to headwind doom. And fuck the Mass Ave bridge.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

chr|s sedition:Fuckin' Sisyphus 'n' shit.
    I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

^^ Wind changes direction every 20 feet or so, headwind, sidewind, rarely behind you.....

A bike with gears is good today.

Last really windy days we had I got blown off my bike before a stop sign, stupidly had bike with aero rims too. Was just about to - wisely I thought - unclip as I knew a brief track stand wouldn't work in the wind and bang, the wind hit me, and the rims, over I went: it hurt.
    Saffs:^^ Wind changes direction every 20 feet or so...

I dissent. It never changes directions. It just blows straight fucking AT you all the time, unless you're on the Mass Ave bridge. Then it blows equally straight at you, and from which ever side is going tross you into the #1 as it goes by!! :P

Sorry to hear about your turbulent-toppling! We need to start a freakin' Occupy Wind movement. I'm sick of this shit. It's time to start taking action!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^I am glad I'm not the only one with this experience. I thought I was just cursed.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorObo

^^And then there is the awesome moment when the bus actually passes you and sucks you into the roadI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

as a rider who weighs in at 120 wet, these windy days are particularly precarious. I often have visions of myself being flung into oncoming traffic or worse - the charles
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

chr|s sedition:
    Saffs:^^ Wind changes direction every 20 feet or so...

I dissent. It never changes directions. It just blows straight fucking AT you all the time, unless you're on the Mass Ave bridge. Then it blows equally straight at you, and from which ever side is going tross you into the #1 as it goes by!! :P

Sorry to hear about your turbulent-toppling! We need to start a freakin' Occupy Wind movement. I'm sick of this shit. It's time to start taking action!

Ha! Omni-wind.....
    thought this thread would be relevant to me :(

i will say, though, that i don't care what the numbers say; chicago wind seems to me to be a bigger hassle than boston windYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Chi has a huge wind-tunnel effect from the long, long avenues and flat, flat landscape.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    headwind takes the girl out of you. end of thread
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012

Ridiculously Cool Visualization of Wind all over the USAI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012

Scruffy..TheJanitor:headwind takes the girl out of you. end of thread

HE LIVESMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Obo:Ridiculously Cool Visualization of Wind all over the USA

Amazing.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012

oh oh! the wind!! it's blowing on me! oh oh!

ack like ya gotta pair fer chrissakes.

yer not livin' at yer mom's place no more. ok?

('cept for meph).

jesus. what a buncha pansies. . .

i go outta town fer a few days and you guys get all tetchy about the fuckin' wind?

call yer mom and have her come pick ya up.

'nop's back.
    brunop:'nop's back.

The real winds of doom blow again.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    nerdo:Chi has a huge wind-tunnel effect from the long, long avenues and flat, flat landscape.

that makes sense. killer north->south wind yesterday, and i spent most of work riding from near north to the south loop.

ain't no wind gonna stop me, 'nop.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    right on cue:
    http://hint.fm/wind/index.htmlNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012

^
    Obo:Ridiculously Cool Visualization of Wind all over the USA
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    damnitNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt