Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorlos!
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012

Anyone been riding lately? Haven't seen much chatter about it in sometime. My new (to me) Ellsworth shows up on Wednesday and would love to get some riding in.ride fast drink hard
    I think people go pretty often?

They often post about it here (even when the rides aren't on a Saturday).

I only know because I don't have a mtb to call my own and I'm envious.
    i've been long debating about trying to mtb again. in my severely limited condition i'd like to think i could handle some lowkey mtb-ing since i certainly can't do any road riding.

but i'm sure if i attempted it i'd end up stranded in the woods after a few miles with my joints, chest, and head all fucked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012

yeah, there's a thread going already. However, it's named poorly. Maybe this one can take over.

I go mountain biking all the goddamn time in the summer. So, people should come with. I'm riding tomorrow. Landlocked forest, round about 10:45.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorlos!
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

If anyone wants to venture out to leominster state, i believe i will be riding there on tuesday (5/1). ill be coming from fitchburg so we can meet at the main parking area.ride fast drink hard
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

Can't make it next week; finals. However, my brand new bike just showed up (still in the goddamn box). So, I'll be itching to build/ride/destroy asap.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

anyone riding dirt tomorrow?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

yeeeea dood! singlespeedapre-ride!

also this:

RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthortristan

I saw that today, and yelled "fucking sick bars!" - the guy was in the RV!

I assume your preride is happening in NY?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan

to get to the point - willing to zipcar to a mtb destination tomorrow if theres company. Craig, have you finished your damned bike yet?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

i thought i heard some rustlin around in there!
    yea, pre-ride in NY, first SS mtb ride ever, so stoked.RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2012

BAUMANN:yeeeea dood! singlespeedapre-ride!

also this:

every time i ride past that i think of undoing it at the stem and mounting it on my wall.
    Saw that in action on 4/20, he was holding the very top of the "antlers". I assumed it was for some back injury, but that doesn't explain the aerobars.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    paul jameson:Saw that in action on 4/20, he was holding the very top of the "antlers". I assumed it was for fighting with wild deer.

ftfytristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2012

tristan:to get to the point - willing to zipcar to a mtb destination tomorrow if theres company. Craig, have you finished your damned bike yet?

Next time you find yourself in that position, hit me up. I can drive anywhere if you let me borrow a bike! I didn't break Ted's, likely wont break yours!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    ben, don't buy a silly track bike, buy a mtn bikesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Buy both. Money will just spoil you.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012

seanile mick:ben, don't buy a silly track bike, buy a mtn bike

Says the guy with a custom Geekhouse.

I'll get a mountain bike once finals are over and I have a chance to sell the two bikes I'm trying to flip."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012 edited

6kidz:
    seanile mick:ben, don't buy a silly track bike, buy a mtn bike
    Says the guy with a custom Geekhouse.
    psh i had a mtn bike before the geekhouse.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012

I now have 2 mountain bikes again. Someone can ride my SS 29er if we go ride. DON'T FUCK IT UP.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012

i rode all of the mountain bikes all over north carolina (and a little bit in delaware on the way down) all last week and it was fantastic. i only almost fell off of a slippery ridgeline once (there was some waterfall action over a rock garden on a 2 ft wide trail)! if you ever have the opportunity to ride the DuPont trails just outside of brevard, DO IT. also, rode half of the ORAMM loop. never ever never going to do that race. holy ow. over 2 hours climbing to go up and then you plummet down heartbreak ridge. we didn't even get to do the kitsuma portion because i was exhausted and ready to eat everything.
    that sounds amazing, i'm more than a little envious of that trip.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

i have no idea what/where any of that is, but it sounds amazing, musta been quite a trip!RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

oh man, it was amazing. some of the hardest riding i've ever done but so completely worth it. i can't wait to go back next year!

how was ssapalooza?
    the course was amazing, and the race was supremely well organized. there were a few pretty unique features to the course that were challenging and a few stretches of just amazingly fun, flowy, and fast singletrack. long ass drive, but i've never been to something like that around new england. by the end i was fighting some gnarly cramps and couldn't care less i was having such a good time. crossed the finish line and there was ice cold keg beer and hot dogs for everyone. then i got a free tshirt.
    you both win.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012 edited

ssapalooza was AWESOME. my first time on a mtb in 7 months and first time ever on a ssmtb (im hooked). cant wait for next year!
    Stampede SSAP Race Report! checkitout!RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorlos!
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

riding cutler park after work tonight. We will be there around 6.ride fast drink hard
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

Anyone want to ride on thursday afternoon? Around 1pmish?Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    SHIFTERS, RINGS, AND 10-SPEED CASSETTE JUST ARRIVED.

JUST NEED TO BLEED MY BRAKES AND THE BIKE WILL BE READY.

GET EXCITED.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    If everything goes as planned, the bike will be 100% ready by tomorrow afternoon.

At the latest, Friday night. WHO WANTS TO RIDE SATURDAY MORNINNNNNGGG???Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    who wants to watch a new craig-goes-OTB on saturday afternoooooon?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    YEEHAWNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    maybe? i am heading to the cape at some point saturday morning, so it'd have to be early.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012

I'm out this weekend. Possibly riding tomorrow if it's dry. Otherwise, Tuesday next week I'm heading out for sure.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorlos!

Where are you riding Tuesday? It's my day off.ride fast drink hard
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

I don't know, I got a new bike with a slack head-tube and 6 inches of travel, I want a nasty trail. I was thinking of making the trip to Massabesic. Or, staying close and hitting wampatuck, blue hills, maybe vietnam. Suggestions?Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012

You should totally break that thing in at vietnam.
    You'll hate it at massbesic with that bike,e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

no way dude! Massabesic is gonna rule. Rocks everywhere. And not that much climbing.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

with that said, I think vietnam is gonna happen on tuesdayExcept our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorlos!

ive never ridden vietnam, but from what i hear a 4" xc bike is not the right tool for the job.ride fast drink hard
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

Nah, just don't launch the mega stuff. Everything has a B line around it. Do you have a trail you'd rather go to?Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    carbon hardtails with the fork locked out

foreverrrr
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

you fucking KNOW it. Fixed, 48/13. Leave your tires at home.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

From DCR Middlesex Fells Update:

Following the recommendations of the recently approved Middlesex Fells Resources
    Management Plan (RMP), the Reservoir Trail (orange blaze) is now designated for multiple users including mountain bikes, dogs on-leash and pedestrians.

whee!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Bob I was thinking of the twists and turns between trees. Gerry hated it when we went.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

I suppose. I'll give it a whirl and see how it is.

Back to business- who's riding on tuesday? Vietnam?Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthortristan

^^^holy crap, that is awesome! Now I don't have to feel guilty riding the res trail anymore. Thanks for the news!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan

err, not that I've ridden the res trail.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    tristan:err, not that I've ridden the res trail.