Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014

Anyone wanna ride tomorrow AM? I can drive pretty much anywhere, I need to be back home by noon and don't want to leave the house before 6:30-7am other than that I'm down for whatever... Fells is my usual stomping ground. landlock shouldn't be bad if we stay there until after 9:30am when traffic lets up.
    had my first really good western Oregon ride yesterday. Went to a massive park called Whypass that's maintained by volunteers and donations. It was fucking sick. Rainy, cold, and muddy. Riding on slippery clay and wet pine needles was a new challenge. All the trails are built to drain well and weather slowly so it's rideable in any conditions all year round.

photo image4_zpsfe246755.jpg

It's basically Endor. That greyness is a hollow, but you couldn't see the bottom from all the fog.

photo image3_zpsd62a4cc4.jpg

There's a serious trail build in progress now, something like 4 miles of bermed swooping downhillish stuff.

photo image2_zps2d6c0a47.jpg

Also comes with dankshacks mid-trail.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2014

that's awesome paul! the name sounds like wipe ass :) and that is a sick dankshack and A+ ferns for bonus pointsMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

speaking of mtbing
    this weekend i drove out to Mt Holyoke state park
    i heard i should have parked at the bachelor street parking lot instead of the main visitor's center parking lot, but like, a lot of the trails said no bikes. maybe i just fucked up.
    western mass was pretty and baller and i stopped at a cool anarchist farm/farm stand, which was sick, so it was worth it.
    but i wouldn't make the drive all the way out there to go again. NEMBA made it sound sick and said to park where i parked. oh well, you win some you lose some.

can folx recommend anywhere to shred in western mass? i am not that good and i get lost easily :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

If I take monday off does someone want to shred with me?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014

i want to but i have to work :( we should shred next weekend tho! i'll text youMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015

Anyone have experience with single speed mtb'sHi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    Yep... I would recommend against it. It's pretty easy to set up a 1x8/9/10 and you'll be able to actually clear obstacles going uphill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

Single speed is totally doable for anything in the metro area. My 29r is currently set up SS (I just raced single-sided palooza down in NY state), I also sometimes set it up 1x10.

I'd rather ride a nice SS setup than spend money on a low end shifting set-up if money is an issue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

But Morgie, I think the problem is that you're *not* a chode. With my chodely skills, I find it impossible to get up anything in a place like the Fells without being in my lowest gear. I can't imagine shredding the Fells with a SS unless I was running like 20 gear inches, and then forget about riding *to* the Fells...

Inexpensive SRAM 1:1 stuff, tuned properly, shifts just fine and shouldn't really cost you any more than a "nice" SS setup.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    pocky:But Morgie, I think the problem is that you're *not* a chode. With my chodely skills, I find it impossible to get up anything in a place like the Fells without being in my lowest gear. I can't imagine shredding the Fells with a SS unless I was running like 20 gear inches, and then forget about riding *to* the Fells...

Inexpensive SRAM 1:1 stuff, tuned properly, shifts just fine and shouldn't really cost you any more than a "nice" SS setup.

+1
    • CommentAuthorJimi

It'll be more of a winter/dick around/party bike. I've also never really done mountain biking, so I was looking for an introductory ride.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    • CommentAuthorJimi

I also really like simplicityHi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Jimi:It'll be more of a winter/dick around/party bike.

For this usage case, SS would probably be great.

I've also never really done mountain biking, so I was looking for an introductory ride.

For this usage case, if you don't have low low gearing, it will seriously limit the amount of terrain you'll be able to try.
    You live in Gloucester, so you *need* to go to Dogtown. And unless you're superhuman, you do not want to try Dogtown for the very first time with a SS.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorJimi

I have ridden my fixed around the reservoir in dog town, that wasn't bad till I hit the dirt.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

How tall are you? If average male height buy Dora's bike it kicks