Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012

You're probably fighting robots at this point. It's totally The Matrix. You need THE ONE.

PSA: This forum used to have more members. Where did they all go?

Wait, maybe that should be in the DQ thread.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Or the MIA thread that got bumped by the spammer.

MIA: EVERYONE.

Silver lining is that I got to revisit some good old threads, like the backpack thread and 80oz to Freedom.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I was thinking maybe it's in part being "that time" of the summer and people getting busy with other stuff, but it has seemed a little dead in here of late.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

It doesn't help that every new person gets accosted for posting in wrong threads, and that regular users are accosted for being knuckleheads from time to time. Though it is summer, I guess...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm guessing people are riding bikes instead of posting about riding bikes.

I miss Joeyfresh."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorben

nerdo:It doesn't help that every new person gets accosted for posting in wrong threads, and that regular users are accosted for being knuckleheads from time to time. Though it is summer, I guess...
    I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorgc

gravitational collapse, simultaneously self propagating and self consuminggone
    ^this.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Below are links to two videos EVERYONE should watch.

The first is a law professor explaining why no one, under ANY circumstance, should EVER speak to law enforcement. Go to 8:25 if you want to skip some of the intro stuff.

The second, is law enforcement confirming everything the law professor says, and even commenting on some of the more nefarious ways that police "provoke" self-incrimination.

Part One: From the attorney/law professor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Part Two: From the kop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKEAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Just wanted to add, you should also never consent to a search, should the police ask if they can do a search. I can't promise you they won't hold onto you until they get a warrant, but at least you haven't given up the farm.

chr|s sedition:Important enough to turn into hyperlinks

Part One: From the attorney/law professor
    Never speak to law enforcement - Law professor

Part Two: From the kop
    Never speak to law enforcement - Police officer
    I was gonna say, basically the only thing you should ever say is "I do not consent to this search."DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013

Thanks for posting this.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^COP!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Relax, I just want to talk.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    surprisefries:I was gonna say, basically the only thing you should ever say is "I do not consent to this search."
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

this is great
    you all are doing great

joeyfresh:Relax, I just want to talk.

LOLMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

also, i'm at work so i didn't watch the videos (yet) but i'm assuming this might have been covered
    but you may not be asked if they can search you
    they'll just say "open up your bag" or just go to walk into your house, making a search seem mandatory but it's not and you have the right to say no.
    this is when you say (politely but firmly) "i do not consent to a search" and don't let them get into your house/car/bag/whateverMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    The video is MOSTLY about interrogation post-detainment. However, it also covers some other aspects (consent to search is NOT one of them). The point mostly made by the video is that even if you are 100% innocent, make 100% accurate statements to LEO, those statements can STILL be used to portray you in a false light. In short, NOTHING good (for you) ever comes from talking to the cops, in ANY setting.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Also the police system is racist and sexist and classist and violent."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorgc

i thought the bump would be new updates about brett dikeman.gone
    lulzDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

No one ever believes them when I tell them not to say anything when you are pulled over for speeding.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    On the same tip...

Best police checkpoint smacks downs. Know your rights.

http://youtu.be/u4Ku17CqdZgAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013

6kidz:I'm guessing people are riding bikes instead of posting about riding bikes.

I miss Joeyfresh.
    Just saw this. XOXOWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/business/supplements-called-risky-are-destroyed.html?source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=ICXvUfCVOtKx4APk7oDACg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAw&
    JACK3D IS NO MORE

attn inhabitants of The KellsMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

If I know my dangerous health supplement history well, then a new equally dangerous product with similar ingredients will rise from these ashes."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

All I read was 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKO 4 LOKOWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

clockwork ted:PSA: don't run reds.
    Also: fuuuuuck. If you read the piece, though, it says he posted on an internet forum the day of saying that the light turned red while he was in the box...We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I doubt the 30mph on a city street, even if it was downhill. But really, fuuuuuck."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

don't talk to the cops!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^^it is sf...
    Andy:I doubt the 30mph on a city street, even if it was downhill. But really, fuuuuuck.

I'd buy it. Esp. in SF. Heck, I'd buy it in some places in Boston.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

clockwork ted:PSA: don't hit peds.
    ftfy
    Blitz:
    clockwork ted:PSA: don't run reds. don't hit peds. don't give in to JGL's messenger peer pressure
    ftfy

FTFYclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Apparently his (since deleted) Strava record said 35mph.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    joeyfresh:
    clockwork ted:PSA: don't run reds.
    Also: fuuuuuck. If you read the piece, though, it says he posted on an internet forum the day of saying that the light turned red while he was in the box...

if he was traveling the speed he was traveling and the light changed when he claimed it did i find it hard to believe the intersection would have filled up with people as quickly and completely as he seems to describe. all the variables in his description don't add up for me and i'm guessing he'd err on the side of (ms) painting himself in a favorable light in a description of the event. blowing 2 other lights and a stop sign also add some fuel to the "he wasn't actually going to stop" argument.
    • CommentAuthorgc

psa: original recipe jax3d for sale, best offer

guaranteed to make you the loudest motherfucker in the oceangone
    Joey and I were talking about this tonight, and I don't think I've seen it mentioned on BFG before. I used to volunteer with these guys. AWESOME organization/concept/etc. Basically, they take at-risk kids* mountain biking. Kinda like Big Brothers/Big Sisters, but with bikes. How fuckin' cool is that?

*Kids from group homes, foster homes, inner city areas, areas with limited out-of-school activities, or from homes where families cannot afford to buy a bicycle, etc.

http://tripsforkidsboston.wordpress.com

"The Trips for Kids Boston youth biking program is a non-profit volunteer organization that provides mountain biking outings and environmental education to youth who might otherwise not have the opportunity. Our goal is to take youth to areas that normally are out of their reach and allow them to experience situations that will help extend their world. We develop practical cycling skills as well as leadership abilities, self-esteem and increase the fitness level of all participants. We encourage teamwork and kindness among participants and incorporate trail etiquette, environmental stewardship and FUN into all rides."

At some point I'll tell ya'll about the Male to Female transgender kid we were riding with who lost one of her fake silicone breasts when they both went over the handlebars. One of the funniest things I've ever seen (next to the time the same kid lost the same silicone in the fried chicken at Old Country Buffet at the Waterton Mall...can't make this shit up). I'll save those stories for a Wed night ride....ANYWAY, check the web site. It would be great to get some BFG people involved.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013

^Wait, what? You and Joey were actually hanging out in person? Holy shit, it's like the Best of BFxd Live Show.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013 edited

Dinner at the house plus an attempted night time car stereo install with headlamps. 10/10 would do again. Chris doesn't cook, though, so he brought out the Jewish grandmother in me and I sent him home with lunch in tupperware. Seriously, someone feed this guy.

Also, I checked the Trips for Kids website and it hasn't been updated since 2010. I emailed the executive director to query and will update when/if I hear back.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    2010. Yikes. That blows chunks. And yeah. Joe can cook.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Damn, I was picturing some kind of intense underground black metal haiku bloodsport. Thirty-four syllables enter, seventeen syllables leave.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I knew I should have just left it to the imagination.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    general PSA: there's been heroin going around the city that is assumed to have been cut with synthetic fentanyl and is killing people that use it at their normal dose. something like 7 people dead from overdose in the last week. whisper me if you want judgement free details for you or a friend.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Wait, this news comes just hours after the Jfresh/Sedition satanic meetup. Hmmmm.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Fuck that. Our plan is much more sinister. I'd poison bibles, not street drugs.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I was about to say. The puppetmasters of our corporate hegemonic nightmare of a dystopian present are unlikely to use street heroin.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Or bibles."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Right. They use Torahs.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks