Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014

I heard being a condescending dick works.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014

They favorited one of my tweets."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    joeyfresh:I heard being a condescending dick works.

Re: Ganzi, buy my Cinelli.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014

The follow up from the Brookline PD Idaho Stop twitter discussion found on their fb page. It's refreshing to see this proactive approach from them.

"We would like to remind everyone involved in yesterday’s twitter discussion regarding Idaho Stops that there was no change in the law. The laws regarding bicycles are still in effect. Thank you all who took part in our discussion yesterday. We are pleased with the responses from everyone, whether in support or against Idaho Stops. We do share concerns on both ends of the argument, taking into consideration the bicyclists, pedestrians, and drivers.

We are taking the data gathered during yesterday’s discussion and bringing it to the Department’s attention and to local bicycle committees for further analysis. Overall, about 200 people were involved in the Twitter discussion yesterday; around 130 people were in support of the Idaho Stop or incorporating something similar and around 40 people were against it.

Some suggestions were presented during the discussion yesterday. Many people are concerned on whether there will be education for bicyclists. During the past year before we gave out tickets we did a large campaign on education. This involved stopping cyclist and talking with them about the law, and giving verbal warnings. We are open to reaching out to school groups and doing some educational forums. Thank you to some of the bike groups yesterday that offered to help educate if we go forward in this direction.

As presented yesterday, our main concern is safety for all. We will continue to notify you of any updates."We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014

Thanks for the update, tone. Much appreciated.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    yeah, thanks!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014 edited

Sure thing, I knew you'd be interested. Hope something comes out of it.

ETA: I just noticed that the Globe has an editorial about the discussion today.We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

How terrible are the comments? I'm afraid to look.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

Not as bad as I expected.We are the small axe.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014

The footbridge under the BU bridge is extremely slippery right now, don't try to ride it..
    Uh oh. I've fallen victim to that once before (pun intended). Hope you didn't go down!
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014

^^^Looks like crank is not as bad as I always thought!
    If you need Romneycare for 1/1/15, you have to do it (sign up and pay) today or tomorrow. I'm not 100% sure I did it right, but if you need help, I'd be willing to try.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014

PSA: don't be a fucking dumbass, run a front brake on your beater work bike. If it's making sketchy noises, check it out before you ride it.

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    le holy crapi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^this

PSA the SNL christmas favorites or whatever is on now. You missed Martha Stewart's Topless Christmas Special, but Schweaty Balls is on right now!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2015

I believe I just saw that the theme of this week's Bike Party is "Divas, Dolls & Drag" CHRIS SEDITION, get outta Dedham!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015

PSA: pioneer chodes are out riding now. but also the swc is ice free. so there's that...
    tinyhonkshus:I believe I just saw that the theme of this week's Bike Party is "Divas, Dolls & Drag" CHRIS SEDITION, get outta Dedham!

What, is that supposed to represent me or something? #LizzieBordenAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    D:i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

I think "Chris Sedition, get outta Dedham!" would make a good bike party theme on its own.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2015 edited

Hey I heard that tonight from 8:30 to 9:30 is one of those turn-off-the-power-for-an-hour thingies to stop global warming. I've been meaning to actually do this for a while... it shouldn't be that hard to live for an hour with a flashlight right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015

The Coffee Trike: well with the 20 minute wait."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    If you haven't donated to the flower-protected bikelane fundraiser, consider it so it gets more attention http://www.gofundme.com/flowerlanesi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    PSA for everyone: If you don't have renter's/homeowner's/umbrella insurance, get it and list your bikes on there. I pay less than $10 a month for renter's insurance and I just got paid out for full replacement value on my mountain bike, at that about $500 more than I actually asked for.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2015

Who do you get yours from? I have Amica for about $20 a month, but I still need to get a rider for my bikes.
    • CommentAuthorben

Yes, would love suggestions. I don't have insurance but want it. Does it have to cover everyone in the apartment, or can I get it for just me?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

Craigglesofdoom:PSA for everyone: If you don't have renter's/homeowner's/umbrella insurance, get it and list your bikes on there. I pay less than $10 a month for renter's insurance and I just got paid out for full replacement value on my mountain bike, at that about $500 more than I actually asked for.

I cannot support this enough. My house caught on fire in Somerville 2 years ago and didn't have renter's insurance. Granted, most of my stuff was fine, but a anything that was touching the floor was water damaged. My bottom of my Chrome backpack still is stained from the puddle of fire water that it was sitting in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

ben:Yes, would love suggestions. I don't have insurance but want it. Does it have to cover everyone in the apartment, or can I get it for just me?

It should cover just your possessions. I have my own plan and my girlfriend has a plan. Also, pay the extra couple bucks for the plumbing related flood insurance. One of the polo dudes had his toilet overflow on the second floor from something that the first floor tenant did while he wasn't home. He had insurance.
    • CommentAuthortristan

vox_pop:Who do you get yours from? I have Amica for about $20 a month, but I still need to get a rider for my bikes.

That's funny. I too have Amica, and explicitly do *not* need a rider for my bikes. I was super careful about confirming this was the case when I signed up.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    tristan:
    vox_pop:Who do you get yours from? I have Amica for about $20 a month, but I still need to get a rider for my bikes.

That's funny. I too have Amica, and explicitly do *not* need a rider for my bikes. I was super careful about confirming this was the case when I signed up.

same as Tristan. I was like "my bikes were expensive" and the guy laughed.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

what do you mean by this needing a rider thing?MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2015 edited

A rider is an addition to your coverage for something specific (like bikes).

I just called Liberty and they told me they'd cover $15,000 of possessions against standard house stuff (fire, flood, etc) for ~$150 a year for me. When I asked about covering $10,000+ in bikes (aiming high), they said adding that rider increased my coverage to $950 a year.

That's fucking insane! How do you guys have coverage for $15/mo that covers bikes? Does it cover theft as well? I was told that the standard $15k does not cover theft (at least not over a really low limit like $1,000 per item) so I would get nothing close to replacement value on my bikes if I didn't add the rider.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

When I looked around for renter's several places were all "you have how many bikes? You must be running some kind of illegal shop, we won't cover you"."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop

tinyhonkshus:
    tristan:

That's funny. I too have Amica, and explicitly do *not* need a rider for my bikes. I was super careful about confirming this was the case when I signed up.

same as Tristan. I was like "my bikes were expensive" and the guy laughed.

Dang, I'll have to call them and double check that then! Maybe they thought I was a dentist with a fleet of Cervelos. Either way, I do love that they cover replacement value. All of my bikes I've bought used for under even their depreciated values (thanks Nat, thanks ebay!), so I'd be so bummed if I had to replace them at retail or even at cost.
    • CommentAuthortristan

Liberty is less, uh, liberal with their coverage than Amica. I went through both plans pretty thoroughly and found Amica was the better bet, and totally on board with full replacement value for bikes. I basically told them that I am a dentist with a fleet of cervelos, no change.

Fwiw liberty car insurance was a better deal than Amica, and no branch seems to know what the other is doing. So, maybe call again?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Nandy:When I looked around for renter's several places were all "you have how many bikes? You must be running some kind of illegal shop, we won't cover you".

That's stupid, I would expect that they would say "sure it'll cost xyz,000 extra per year" instead of refusing to cover. That doesn't make sense.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ben:A rider is an addition to your coverage for something specific (like bikes).

I just called Liberty and they told me they'd cover $15,000 of possessions against standard house stuff (fire, flood, etc) for ~$150 a year for me. When I asked about covering $10,000+ in bikes (aiming high), they said adding that rider increased my coverage to $950 a year.

That's fucking insane! How do you guys have coverage for $15/mo that covers bikes? Does it cover theft as well? I was told that the standard $15k does not cover theft (at least not over a really low limit like $1,000 per item) so I would get nothing close to replacement value on my bikes if I didn't add the rider.

My account just says "personal belongings such as clothing, sporting goods, furniture, and electronics" are covered. I have $25k of belongings coverage, plus $100k liability for damages and payments for other people's medical expenses (i.e. if I injure someone I guess).

It looks like I get massive discounts for having 2 generations of USAA members in my family (parents, grandparents) and without that my policy would be over $500/yr. I remember asking if I needed specific coverage for bikes when I set up my insurance and they said no, unless I wanted coverage outside my home (i.e. if I crash/it gets stolen from somewhere else).

Progressive does the whole price thing with renters insurance too. Might be a good place to start.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Remember to take your seat post out and re-grease it periodically, so you don't spend the morning hacksawing and swearing like I just did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2015

too late :(
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2016

FYI Nuggetross is still alive. I sent him a gif of an antelope scratching their b-hole with their own antler, which got a response."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016 edited

Wasn't it an ibex?

ETA: Huh, I guess antelopes can do this, too. Nature is amazing!
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    PSA: Brookline cops are removing bikes from meters & racks along the marathon route this weekend. Unclear where to lock your bike if you go grocery shopping or whatever. http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/04/12/brookline-police-remove-bikes-along-marathon-route/hTp8kyy4WmyLLGXhJOPcXO/story.htmli mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Flat Top Johnny's has reopened. A bar that has LONG been a HUGE supporter of the local bike scene.

https://www.facebook.com/FlatTopJohnnys

https://www.facebook.com/events/1685491311709474All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.