Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012 edited

Please note the date change to July 21st.

This year is a little different than last year. More checkpoints and side events. Speed is no longer one of the ways to win, just points. There also isnt going to be so much eating during the race, as there will be 'BBQ Eske' Chalenges and games, Ending at a massive BBQ. Its going to be bigger and wilder last year. We have allot of amazing sponsors this year hooking us up with some really tight prizes. I will try and keep this updated as more stuff comes in and I figure out new stuff. LADIES! we need more of yall to come out this year and race! Last year there were like 6! c'mon! Boston ladies need to step it up in terms of coming out to races!

If you wanna know more about the event, want to help out, or anyother questions or comments, holla at me on here or jared45666@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/events/115943521876997/
    Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012

jared45666:Boston ladies need to step it up in terms of coming out to races!
    no such thing

but good luck with this, sounds rad.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012

I coming out, that's one lady at leastroz-berry-lime
    bike scene is a sausage fest- i doubt that will ever change.
    I think I'm going to be out of town but if not, you know i'll be there.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012

i hope more ladies hit up the races too but your flier isn't exactly made to get our attention
    just sayin!

if you need a cp worker lemme know tho, brahMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666

dora:i hope more ladies hit up the races too but your flier isn't exactly made to get our attention
    just sayin!

if you need a cp worker lemme know tho, brah

Well a lady made it! But I guess RVA ladies are a little more raw then those above the Mason Dixon. Either way I will need CP workers!Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Doesn't matter if a "lady" made it, that's some fucking misogynist shit. That's why I don't go to races that aren't real. I think the "ladies" you can't find in this area are probably out racing ECCC/USAC, where we're usually treated as equal people. Just saying."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    youre clearly just afraid of being torn up like a kleenex at a snot party

A: That's why I don't go to races that aren't real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012

Lol, torn up as in crashing? Because I've crashed out in races before, I don't mind that at all. I was talking about putting up with shitty misogynist attitudes. That's just me though, I don't mean to discourage any other women from racing wherever they want."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666

Ha this is ridiculous. All I was getting at is if you travel to bike events in other cities, there's a whole lot more people (i.e) ladies psyched to race and chill. I don't personally care either way. It's just embarrassing when there's more people psyched from out of town then there are locals. Just sayin.Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012 edited

A:I think the "ladies" you can't find in this area are probably out racing ECCC/USAC, where we're usually treated as equal people. Just saying.
    No those are exactly the people I'm not trying to attract, This is a fun benefit event and a chance to ride around eat bbq drink beers and win tight prizes. Potentially a good time to make new friends. If youre trying to get kitted out and show everyone how fast you can ride in a circle you're looking at the wrong event.Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    Im a lady and i think the flyer is fine. If you're going to brand an entire event and group of people over an image you think is offensive, dont come.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorimjfitz

torn up as in losing.
    cat racer = no city skills
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012

Scruffy..TheJanitor:torn up as in losing.
    cat racer = no city skills

those aren't mutually exclusive. or do you think bradshaw and chabanov have no city skills?

jared45666:
    A:I think the "ladies" you can't find in this area are probably out racing ECCC/USAC, where we're usually treated as equal people. Just saying.
    No those are exactly the people I'm not trying to attract, This is a fun benefit event and a chance to ride around eat bbq drink beers and win tight prizes. Potentially a good time to make new friends. If youre trying to get kitted out and show everyone how fast you can ride in a circle you're looking at the wrong event.

jared45666:Ha this is ridiculous. All I was getting at is if you travel to bike events in other cities, there's a whole lot more people (i.e) ladies psyched to race and chill. I don't personally care either way. It's just embarrassing when there's more people psyched from out of town then there are locals. Just sayin.

in all the USAC/ECCC events, no one ever tried to give me a box of tampons as a prize. in my first alleycat, that's what i won. there appears to be a 5-year cycle where boys in boston start complaining that boston ladies never want to come out and race and that ladies in other cities are more fun/better riders/more interested in racing. i've done alleycats in other cities (nyc, philly, chicago) and it's a way less misogynistic scene than boston is. that's not to say i didn't spend a few years racing alleycats in boston regardless (and i give rob credit for giving equal payout to women in all TG events after the tampon debacle), but i can see where it'd turn a lot of women off. taking your (as in, throwers of alleycats) presentation into consideration is a valid point if you'd like more ladies to come out. so far you've told us to "step it up" and implied that we're being put to shame by other cities. that's not really going to inspire hesitant women to be like, "fuck yeah! i want to do that!"
    • CommentAuthorben

ratattack:in all the USAC/ECCC events, no one ever tried to give me a box of tampons as a prize. in my first alleycat, that's what i won.
    D:

holy. shit.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666

Whatever, this is shit has gotten way too blown out of proportion for anyones own good. Come, Don't Come either way. My points are, Do you like BBQ?(regardless of your meat prefrence) Do you like to drink beers with friends? Do you like to ride your bike? Do you want to do all those things in a fun template for a shot at some phil wood hubs, some san marco saddles, possibly a tight new bag from Freight, Chrome, Seagull, Bailey works? You don't have to be fast, just have a good attitude and ready to have fun. And hey if you want to rep Boston amongst the LA, SF, DC, NYC, RVA, Philly, & MTL kids that come out, thatd be rad too.Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    ratattack:... no one ever tried to give me a box of tampons as a prize.

Not Alexi's finest moment...
    Stay classy, Boston.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorgc

sup aaron!gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

oh man it's like i put the Team Gigantic signal out into the night sky and aaron saw it all the way from michigan!
    Tam posted something on FB, figured I'd poke my head in instead of working on my research.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Aaron Gigantic:
    ratattack:... no one ever tried to give me a box of tampons as a prize.

Not Alexi's finest moment...
    Stay classy, Boston.

yeah like you also didn't get the same cash prize as the first man....

and we all know you put those tampons to good use http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/vodka.asp

Aaron Gigantic:Tam posted something on FB, figured I'd poke my head in instead of working on my research.

Get back to studying young manTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012

no, alexi, i did not get the same cash prize as the first man. it wasn't until after your tampon antics that rob started giving equal payout to first lady, like i already said.

i don't see why you'd continue making a joke out of what was actually a pretty terrible thing to do. 1st alleycat experience, i was happy that i won, and you called me up on the balcony at TOS in front of a crowd of people saying, "and the prize for 1st lady is a BOX OF SUPERPLUS TAMPONS! and $40." i was mortified and offended and, if i wasn't already halfway up the stairs, i probably wouldn't have gone up there at all. think about whether or not you'd like someone to treat your daughter like that when she grows up. i'm pretty sure you don't.

my point in bringing any of that up is, if you're wondering why there's small numbers of boston ladies attending alleycats, don't look at the women and wonder why. look at the bike culture that boston has.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

dear lauren,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4NAZPi2jsMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Was that the messer emergency fund charity race? Where Alexi just gave most of the cash to the an injured (lady) messenger from Boston instead of donating it properly to the BMEF? I remember the tampons but don't remember which event.

(Interesting story: We later got the shakedown from the BMEF, who wanted the money one way or another, and decided that they would slander us nationally if they didn't get any. So a few of us personally donated money from our pockets to replace the money given to that cyclist. Rad times were had.)

Anyway, I think I always tried to split the money pretty evenly. But maybe I was more vocal about it after the tampons.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ratattack:no, alexi, i did not get the same cash prize as the first man. it wasn't until after your tampon antics that rob started giving equal payout to first lady, like i already said.

i don't see why you'd continue making a joke out of what was actually a pretty terrible thing to do. 1st alleycat experience, i was happy that i won, and you called me up on the balcony at TOS in front of a crowd of people saying, "and the prize for 1st lady is a BOX OF SUPERPLUS TAMPONS! and $40." i was mortified and offended and, if i wasn't already halfway up the stairs, i probably wouldn't have gone up there at all. think about whether or not you'd like someone to treat your daughter like that when she grows up. i'm pretty sure you don't.

my point in bringing any of that up is, if you're wondering why there's small numbers of boston ladies attending alleycats, don't look at the women and wonder why. look at the bike culture that boston has.
    ratattack:no, alexi, i did not get the same cash prize as the first man. it wasn't until after your tampon antics that rob started giving equal payout to first lady, like i already said.

Yeah before you get all pissy do you know who,s idea it was to give you the box of tampons? Mary and Sean, yup a pair of women decided to give you that prize. First, first fixed and first lady all got the same cash. First got some lame jersey from ear that no one wanted and first fixed just got cash...Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012

i'm not "being pissy", alexi, i'm saying that it sucked and that kind of behavior impacts the local cycling culture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012

BACK TO THE EVENT!
    IT'S COMING UP! doesn't seem like too many people on here are interested, but if you are; AWESOME!
    We have allot of tight prizes from Phil Wood, San Marco, Freight, Seagull, Chrome, Kryptonite, Skingrowsback and a whole lot of other companies! There is going to be an optional TATTOO checkpoint for bonus points, aswell as a checkpoint at TASTY BURGER! Once more this isnt so much of a speed race as it is a points race. Now would be a good time to hit me up with any questions about how this works & I also need checkpoint workers! Please let me know!
    http://www.facebook.com/events/115943521876997/Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012

I'm interested but is there any info that's facebook exclusive and not covered in this post?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012

What would you like to know?Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012

jared45666:BACK TO THE EVENT!
    IT'S COMING UP! doesn't seem like too many people on here are interested, but if you are; AWESOME!

I'm def in. Maybe I'm missing something, but when/where does it start? Also, how much of a "non-speed" event is it? Idk, percentagewise I guess...unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012 edited

west.:
    jared45666:BACK TO THE EVENT!

I'm def in. Maybe I'm missing something, but when/where does it start? Also, how much of a "non-speed" event is it? Idk, percentagewise I guess...

The time and start will Be disclosed a little closer to the event, However registration will probably run from 1-4pm Aswell as an early registration Friday night, at a "Ocho Loco Figure 8 Crit" downtown. Registration will be $20 but you get a shirt, lots of food and beers, schwag, allot of chances to win some tight shit, and most importantly its a benefit event. The speed aspect of the race: basically you can go whatever speed you want to complete this race, spend as much time at a check point as you want to earn points. However; you must reach all of the check points within a 3 hour time frame; check points will probably close around 7 or 3 hours after the start. Also there will be a "flag" at each check point, that the first person to arrive will get a big point chunk for, so for speed if you wanna try and get all the flags than thats it. You will still have to complete some minor task in order to move forward tho. Sounds a little whacky but its a whole lotta fun.

Make sense? Hope to see ya there!Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    • CommentAuthorgeneticswag
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012 edited

I hate to be this guy, but where the hell is ocho loco figure 8 crit?
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012

Winthrop square, in the financial district.

Fuck this flag bullshit, I wanna race.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

doug?:Winthrop square, in the financial district.

Fuck this flag bullshit, I wanna race.

As always, if you don't like something then plan and organize your own race. Otherwise, stfu.

However, @Jarde45666... any more details on times/etc?unstuck in time
    i would suggest a doug v. west race, but that wouldnt likely to be much of a race at all
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

Scruffy..TheJanitor:i would suggest a doug v. west race, but that wouldnt likely to be much of a race at all

What does that even mean? Are you saying that he's slow or that I'm slow or that we're both slow or what? Just trying to figure out what you're getting at here, you weren't very clear.unstuck in time
    • CommentAuthordoug?

^x3 I'm guessing you thought my comment was directed at you? It wasn't, I wanted to answer that question above mine and heckle Jared a bit. Either that or you're just astoundingly rude to strangers over the internet?

Either way, to answer your question - registration is in Chinatown in the early afternoon on saturday - look for the street with a ~100 bikes locked outside. The specific information is on the facebook page, but if Jared doesn't want to post it here, I'm not gonna. If you're anti-facebook and really want to attend, it won't take more than 15 minutes to find the right place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012

doug?:^x3 I'm guessing you thought my comment was directed at you? It wasn't, I wanted to answer that question above mine and heckle Jared a bit. Either that or you're just astoundingly rude to strangers over the internet?

Oh no, wasn't being rude. I just take issue when people do nothing but bitch and moan about things that other people worked to set up (for example, the Back to Track race earlier this year where so many people complained about every little thing). I mean, it's not really clear that you're joking or heckling from your comment only that it seemed like you were being "astoundingly rude." This is why I'm a big proponent of a universal "sarcasm" or "just fucking with you" font.

Whatever. Thanks for the info either way.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012 edited

WILD CARD, things they are a changin. You can race for speed OR points, the same way you did last year. However if you race for speed, unlike last year you WILL have to do the challenge at EVERY check point. Be advised do not hassle checkpoint workers.

Registration will be at 17 Edinboro st, from 1-3:30/4ish. $20.

Checkpoints will be open for roughly 3 hours after the start of the race. Bribes for Checkpoint workers are Accepted and expected. Allot of people have came at me with the attitude of "I'm not fast, Whats the point" you dont have to be. Race for points. get weird, stay wet; have the most fun. Questions? PLEASE get them out of the way now. ALSO, Saturday night outertowners, if you want you can sleep in the backyard the party will be at, if you want to bring a tent or anything like that! WORD
    Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    west.:
    Scruffy..TheJanitor:i would suggest a doug v. west race, but that wouldnt likely to be much of a race at all

I'm molasses slow

FTFY
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012 edited

If there are any out of towers, a few new yorkers are crashing at my place and more are welcome. I have been on the road the past 5 weekends and owe some many people for the number of couches, futons, hammocks, and cabins that I have been given to sleep in. You guys are more than welcome to stay friday and saturday night. we will be having a breakfast of champions Saturday morning-ish, there is clean towels and you can use my shower.roz-berry-lime
    "i was so offended, if i werent already halfway up the stairs i wouldnt have gone to accept my prize at all."

I don't even know where to begin with the complaints in this thread. But this seems like a good spot. Wow.

Also, if killersim needs a place to sleep or shower after the race, my place is available.
    Can someone post the address for ocho loco figure 8 crit? The facebook event link doesn't work and I'd like to register tomorrow night.
    erm, it's probably at edinboro.

what time though?this life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012

9:30 pm Friday night, Winthrop Square.
    See you there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012

Photobucket
    Last year I did the check point challenge at Superb where you had to drink the whole cup of pickle juice. I seriously am curious what we are going to have to do this year. Race face is onroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012

7 Checkpoints, you most complete the challenge at every checkpoint. there are lots of bonus challenges as well. including an optional tattoo check point.Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen