Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012

For anyone feeling like going to Walden on Saturday after the heat begins to wane a bit - meet at 3:00 in Tosci Park?
    (Might want to put your water bottle in the freezer in the morning - looks like it's going to be a hot one)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012

I'm in, as soon as I get off of work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorprza
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012

I'm in, but I might not be able to stay too long.Amos is something like a phenomenon. If you'd really seen him you'd know it. You almost have to have to be granted permission. Ask anybody.
    • CommentAuthorcolin

How big of a group and what speed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky

Aaaaaaand I'm out. Been asked to stay at work till an hour past when the ride was planning on leaving. Have a good ride! Enjoy that heat!
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012 edited

colin:How big of a group and what speed?

Well, one less than 8 minutes ago! A number of people from the Weds ride said they were interested. Guess the only way to be sure is stop by Tosci park at On Wednesday it was a pretty good pace to get to Cutler. Medium pace, I guess?
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012

I think I was one of those who expressed interest, but I actually have somewhere to be at 5:30. Have fun, it's going to be a great day for that!
    I was thinking I'd try to join you, but I'm running late, any sense of your route? Maybe I could join up along the way?
    Hmm, here at 5 past 3 and nary a bfixer in sight...?
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012

oh dear. I wonder what happened.
    We went by the bike path & then kept going & took a dirt path through a woods. Ended up being kind of a long route, but nice & shady. The lake was really refreshing. Took a quicker route back from the pond but it was *hilly*. Stopped in Lexington Center for a gallery opening at Ride Studio Cafe (free food!) & then home along the bike path. The ride back totaled about 1h 30m .
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012 edited

Cheez *is* Tim -- he did indeed notice us a couple minutes after he posted that last message. :)

Our route was something like this:
    http://goo.gl/maps/3pqR

The link is set to show the steet view of the dirt trail that we took after getting off the Minuteman. This is called Reformatory Branch Trail, through Elm Brook Conservation Area. Not too bumpy -- Tweedledum managed it brakeless on fixed gear. This route should be pretty accurate except for the very beginning (and the very end) where we took some side-street shortcuts to stay out of traffic on the way to the Francis J. McCrehan Pool where we got on the Somerville Community Path. In hindsight, we should have jumped in that pool right then, and we would have been cooler for the rest of the upcoming ride. :)::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I hope you two managed to pull-off staying wet most of your way back to Lexington! I was totally dry by the time I got to Baker Bridge Rd.