Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Who's been watching?
    Where ya watching?
    Folks wanna get beers and watch somewhere?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

I've been watching the streams as they happen in the morning. Lyzard mentioned that he tried to watch the prologue in a bar but they kept turning it off.... Would be into rewatching a stage if there's somewhere that'll play it.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    I've also been listening in the AM's while at work (headphones are kinda normal here so it doesn't bother anyone). Getting some folks together to hit up one of the bars with BIG tv's would be kinda fun.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorLyzard

Jeanie Johnstons in JP has been known to play it in the past.

The bartender who changed it from an NL baseball game on Saturday to TDF prologue said
    "oh come on, how boring is that"

"about as boring as baseball & karaoke" is what I should have said.
    :-P
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

I think Flat Top Johnny's in Kendal normally shows it. & Ride.Studio.Cafe, if you're able to get out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012 edited

Step 1: Gather en masse.

Step 2: Using your numerical advantage, force bartender to change channel.

Step 3: Drink much beer, tip well.

EDIT for Step 4: Repeat daily.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

EPIC! Stratton:I've also been listening in the AM's while at work (headphones are kinda normal here so it doesn't bother anyone). Getting some folks together to hit up one of the bars with BIG tv's would be kinda fun.

Me too. I'll do some reconnaissance in Cambridge and report back. Always Ride Cafe if people wanted to ride up there specifically?? Make a day of it??
    Thursday and Friday, I'm down to go watch somewhere if folks are interested"here comes jon to the barry-ers!" "he stopped! he's grabbing a beer!" "he's still stopped, he's got another one!" "all he's doing is chugging beer!" "now he's not on the course anymore..."
    No spoilers, but the end of today's stage was worth watching... some pain, some joy (I watch it live streaming).
    • CommentAuthorgc

uhh redbones?gone
    Myrical Von Science has been showing itTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

man o man! i love me some tour dee france! but i never get around to watchin' it....
    seein as how i ain't got no teevee but if i did i'd watch the hell outta it.
    what is more? i don't give a shit about dopin' or whatever.
    the whole hissy is a colorful spectacle.
    i may show at redbones.
    buy me a beer.

when're the mountain stages?
    when the skinny li'l fuckers rule.
    i like the skinny li'l fuckers.
    fuck time trials.
    steep hill do(r)t calm in the TdF section has links to streams if you're partial to watching online in the morning... most coverage seems to start around 8am and end around 11-12.

No real mountain stages until the 10th... don't watch the 9th or 19th (ITTs, no TTT this year?)
    I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen....

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Has Miracle of Science been showing it live in the morning, or repeating it in the evening?I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    eveningTake-off everything but your rainboots
    @ tavern in the square in central right now watching the stageI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012

Snape Kills Dumbledore.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012

Gandalf takes over as dean of hogwarts.

(I'm done)Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    ^wait... so I guess I know how everyone will do that semester....

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    hiyooooooDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    YAAAAAAAAYi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2013

eurosport ad for the tour had various scenes from prior races, and the VO said 'who's hot [images of cuddles], and who's not [images of andy]"
    and one of the announcers just described andy as "big of tooth and small of ambition"

harsh start
    • CommentAuthortristan

ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Hey since it says "No spoilers" in the title, can we quickly define that? Like, no info for 24 hours or what?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Yeah... that would be helpful. Presumably by now people have had the opportunity to see an evening rebroadcast if they wanted to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

thing about it is? drugs? i don't give a rat's ass. i love me some fuckin' TOUR!!!!!!!
    oh yeah!!!!!!
    ride them fuckin' roads!!!!!!
    'nop's watchin'.............................................................................................................................
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2013 edited

that freakin' bus. i kept shouting at the screen, "JUST BACK IT OUT" until finally they listened to me. considering that and the crashes, yesterday's stage was painful to watch.

for anyone looking for streams, cyclingfans.com has links to some
    i haven't tried it, but my friend linked me to torrents of the races too: http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl/
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2013

i gather they had to let the air out of the tires before it was able to back out, so it wasn't just like he coulda thrown it in reverse that second and gotten out of the way
    • CommentAuthortristan

For streams, I use a uk based VPN and bought a 1 month subscription to eurosportplayer. It was like 5 gbp but better quality and more reliable than the pirate streams.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    That's not bad, but for now I'm ok with seeking out the alternative sources.
    PS: I was watching this morning in a hotel room, and when the stream I was watching dropped out I turned on NBC-U or whatever it's called now, ack, it was awful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

the tour is the only time i wish i had a teevee. redbones or jeannie johnson in JP?
    or maybe i could come over to yer house?
    ol' 'nop likes him some tour.
    like i say.
    invite me over. . .
    i'll tote beer
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013

livetv.ru/en/ is where i get my streams, eurosport english is usually streamedI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat

Today's stage looks like so much fun to ride
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^so sickk. except i'd probably crash into the rock wall, like whoever did did.