Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorascott430
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012

Hey Everybody, wondering if there is a major bike parts swap in the Boston area that I have been missing lately. I have tons of parts I would like to offload and it would be sweet to do it all at once.

If not, should we get something going??

Alex
    Something should be organized. I have loads of parts and some old jerseys etc to offload as well.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

Eric and I tried one a few months back..few showed up but it was a nice day to sit in the park.
    I'd certainly be up for one in the next few weeks, got schtuff to unload.
    That park would be good for this again.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

same. I've got wheels, bars, clothes, buckets of gear, etc...But I'm too lazy to organize something.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

Lets do it on a sunday. That's my fun day.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    Sundays work for me.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorascott430
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012 edited

Well, I feel like the problem would be that we all have a bunch of parts we want to get rid of but don't really want to buy anything...resulting in us sitting there with tables full of parts with no buyers. We need a way to bring in lots of other people who would be more likely to buy our parts.

There was a swap a few years ago that took place in a developing recording studio in Roxbury which had a great turnout. Does anybody remember this? I think they had food and drink and other stuff besides just parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012

bake sale? Lemonade stand? handies?Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    Mmmm..... lemonadeclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

The Community Spoke has a good deal of stuff to sell and we'd love to get in on this

Good question, though; we got the sellers. Now how do we attract buyers? I'd make 10000 vegan donuts for this if it'd work!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

1. Advertise it on craigslist.
    2. Give more than 4 days notice.
    3. Don't need to sell if people are tradingA few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

4. public facebook event?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    If you give more than 4 days notice nobody remembersi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness

solution: advertise it to newbs, college kids, and scary old people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

Alex, B2C2 hosted the swap a few years back. We'd like to do another one but haven't come across a venue yet - the recording company was literally putting up walls and dividing the space into rooms the very next day so it's no longer available.

What you said is exactly what happened last time - a small group of people with stuff to sell, an even smaller group of buyers and most people didn't bring more than $20 with them. It's not a very viable model for actually selling stuff.

I can investigate some options for a legit swap again. Let me work on that.
    I tried getting fringe to let us use their parking lot for a swap bbq, perhaps someone could work that angle again.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

That's probably more up to MPP than Fringe. I'm looking into options. I'll report back.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

The Community Spoke may be able to host it if folks would come out to JP? Whaddaya think?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

I've got a location set up for a swap and am planning on a September date. I'll have more details as the event comes together and will let everyone know how to register as a vendor!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

sick/tightMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorascott430

Do we have to register or can we just show up? It'd be nice to make it a more casual event but that my not be possible with something like this
    • CommentAuthorryan t

If this is going to turn into a serious thing, it would be cool if it was a free event. I understand charging entry if you have to rent the space, but paying money to shop feels pretty lame if you don't end up finding anything good.
    Yo, if there's a dontion table or a bin where I can toss good used parts that I have kickin' around and are just taking up space because I don't need/want anything for a brake cable or a cheapo stem or a few uncomfortable saddles, then set that up and I'll just offload all my extras to ya'll. Even though I hate every one of you. *sneers at you*

Also have a slightly used trainer. I've decided I want to be fat instead of use it and I wouldn't mind trading this for a maybe bag of weed or a date with killersim.

Trainer comes with a box and all its parts; like killersim.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012

This will be in the same format as the last swap. There are a limited # of vendor spaces so yes, you will need to register for a space. It's not just going to be bfixed, last time people from all different parts of the cycling community - bfixed, racers, reps, shops, etc showed up so there was a pretty awesome variety of items for sale.

It's also going to be put on by the hard work of my cycling team as a fundraiser, so yes, there will be a $2 entry fee.

Pfist, I will look into setting up a donation area as well.
    awesome! i loved the last swap (particularly the cupcakes) and had no problem paying a couple bucks to get in. i didn't go looking for anything in particular and still left with a bag full of shit without spending much money at all. thanks for getting another swap together!
    Wait...there's a cycling community outside of bostonfixed?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Lies... vicious lies...clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    surprisefries:Wait...there's a cycling community inside bostonfixed?

ftfy
    • CommentAuthorSmithlife
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013

This is what I'm interested in.Welcome to contace me.

<a href="http://www.mmobf.com/">Diablo 3 Gold</a>;<a href="http://www.mmobf.com/Guild-Wars-2/">Guild Wars 2 Gold</a>;<a href="http://mmo4k.com/wow-gold-kaufen-4/WoW-Gold-5/">WOW Gold</a>;<a href="http://www.mmobf.com/aion-kinah-566/">Aion Kinah</a>