Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012 edited

The Back Bay Cycling Club (B2C2) will be hosting a Bike Swap at Headquarters Boston on Friday, September 21st from 6-10pm.

Details will be forthcoming, but if you're interested in renting a 6'x6' vendor space, register: here. Vendor spaces are $20 each.
    Excited. Will be selling stuffs.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

word. I'll definitely do this. Can people split the table costs? I don't know if I have 6x6 of stuff, but I gotta a lot of stuff regardless....Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Yeah, you can put whatever stuff/people you want in the 6'x6' space.

I realized the vendor transactions would be much easier to do through bikereg.com so as soon as I get an event page set up for that, I will post it here for people to register as vendors.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

6x6 is not a lot of space, you probably have 6x6 worth of stuff...lauren, how big were the spots at the last b2c2 swap? trying the gauge how much room i might need...RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

The spots at the last swap were 6'x'6 as well. It's enough room to set up a folding table (vendors have to bring their own tables/displays).
    the last swap was awesome, this swap sounds like it will be awesome as well. thanks for getting it together!

america wants to know: will there be cupcakes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Yes, bake sale will be happening again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Bikereg.com link to register for a vendor space is here!
    I can sell ANYTHING I want there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Any bike-related thing. Sex-bike contraptions will be frowned upon.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012 edited

Is the bake sale B2C2 only, or can I have a "They lost my FAFSA" bake sale table?

edit: I would not make cupcakesi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ratattack:Sex-bike contraptions will be frowned upon.

But not prohibited?
    ratattack:Any bike-related thing. Sex-bike contraptions will be frowned upon.

I resent the implication. I was going to sell 8x10s of us together, signed by me.
    tinyhonkshus:Is the bake sale B2C2 only, or can I have a "They lost my FAFSA" bake sale table?

edit: I would not make cupcakes

They lost your FAFSA?!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I submitted it on time, and never heard anything, and then in July when they actually gave me access to my stuff online, it was like "FAFSA not received" and they haven't answered my email. Except to say "we don't do assistantships" which I already knew. I don't even want loans, I just want to be eligible for this one scholarship.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012

That stinks about your FAFSA! Vendor spaces are just for bike stuff - the bake sale is part of the B2C2 fundraising effort.
    if marianna set up a vendor table that had one bike part and a shitload of hotdogs, i don't think anyone would be disappointed.
    ^pretzels!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Thanks Lauren!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

clockwork ted:if marianna set up a vendor table that had one bike part and a shitload of hotdogs, i don't think anyone would be disappointed.
    that is actually a fabulous idea.RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorben

BAUMANN:6x6 is not a lot of space, you probably have 6x6 worth of stuff...lauren, how big were the spots at the last b2c2 swap? trying the gauge how much room i might need...
    I would go with 5. Maybe not enough room but I'm sure you can stack most of the stuff in there.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012

I like this, I dont know if ill be selling. But I will be there.. Spread the word far and wide!
    • CommentAuthorthejit
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012

wouldn't it make more sense to have this on a Saturday or Sunday?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012

Nope, a lot of the potential vendors and attendees would be off racing then. Last time it was on a Thursday and the place was packed.
    ^+1clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012

We're getting lots of awesome sponsors for the raffle - Mavic, Vittoria, Castelli, Rapha, Embrocation Cycling Journal, Mad Alchemy Embrocation, crossresults.com, SoulRun, Newbury Comics, etc! Get psyched and don't forget to secure a vendor spot if you've got things to sell!!! I'll update with the event flyer soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012

The swap is NEXT FRIDAY! Tons of cool prizes are pouring in for the raffle, bake sale ingredients are being purchased and vendor spaces are filling up. GET YOURS NOW or just come to peruse, hang out, and eat cupcakes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012

Reminder! This Friday! Be there & spread the word!
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Are there going to be signs? I've been in that building for roll it forward and its the most intuitive place.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Yes, there will be signs. It's on the 2nd floor, same space as Roll it Forward.

In fact, Roll it Forward will be there accepting donations (check it, Pfist!) for anyone who has usable parts and bikes that they'd rather donate than haul home at the end of the night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012 edited

& now with Harpoon Beer as a raffle prize!
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012

This is definitely great, and Lauren is rad for organizing it. But sometime there should be a bike swap that's not a fundraiser for somebody, so that actual people with a box of shit and a bike frame or two can take part.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Bring your $$$! Selling some shoes, knickers, and wool jerseys too!

BUY MY STUFF!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

i'm there and i need 4x tyres.
    that's the minimum i want to walk away with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

I've got plenty of tires for you. File treads? Road slicks? Mtb? I've got you covered.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012

^all for road/commuting...2x 25s, 2x 28s ideally. winter riding things.
    will find you.
    maybe some treaded 35s for fun too.

thnks
    JimmyJ:^all for road/commuting...2x 25s, 2x 28s ideally. winter riding things.
    will find you.
    maybe some treaded 35s for fun too.

thnks

i will also i have a ton of tyresTake-off everything but your rainboots
    shit anyone driving wanna pick up a brother and his tub of parts?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012

Crap, I forgot to bring my lock today and this is just a couple blocks from work. I don't suppose there's going to be a bike valet or inside bike storage?A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Oh and if any vendor needs a table, I've got one thats like 5x3 that they can borrow, you just need to pick it up from Southie.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

i can lend you my chain lock for the night. i hardly use it so you can return it whenever if i leave before you.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Thanks for the offer, I realized shortly after posting that working a few blocks away means I can walk. Its a foreign concept for me to use my legs to walk instead of pedal....

Offer for the table is still good if anyone needs it!A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    if anyone has a 27" threespeed wheel in good condition, im looking on behalf of someone else.

also getting rid of a trainer and nitto albatross bars, both barely used. would part with for beer/booze or a handy in the back alley. am partial to single malt islays, good gin and women with as-of-yet uncorrupted reputations.

edit - that was good; thx lauren!
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2012

That was rad. Should definitely be more than a once a year thing. Cool people, cool gear. Went there thinking I didn't need anything, ending up buy a lot, spent less than I thought I did.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

got a bunch of things. and had a cupcake.
    success all around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

Agreed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Glad you guys had a fun time, thanks for hanging out! Headquarters Boston was a great venue and generous hosts, we're talking about doing a spring and fall swap next year so we hope to see you there!
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

the more swaps the merrier! awesome job as always lauren, cant wait for the next one!RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

BAUMANN:the more swaps the merrier! awesome job as always lauren, cant wait for the next one!
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.