Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Yeah. This should be its own thread. NBC actually aired about 45 min coverage of men's TT today. I was impressed. AFAIK, they did not cover women's in any real way. It's seems like NBC coverage gets worse and worse every 2/4 years.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Today I LOL'd
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I did enjoy all of the Britons decked out in their Wiggo-chop-burns. Truth be told I was paying more attention at the beginning of the men's TT and was glazed-over by the time the big names were on the road as I'd just sat through a lot of the women's TT and the kid was getting into this, that, and everything else she shouldn't. Lack of commentary on the app-stream also made it all a bit of a blur.

Kinda saddened Longo didn't make the French team for the TT. I like her. Maybe my favorite part of all of it was the Russian TT lady who looked a little like "yes, yes, you've already filmed me, can't you tell I'm a little shy?" as they kept coming back to her again and again.

Track racing starts tomorrow I think.
    someone whisper me their cable info so I can watch some goddamned olympics that aren't swimming.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

chr|s sedition:Yeah. This should be its own thread. NBC actually aired about 45 min coverage of men's TT today. I was impressed. AFAIK, they did not cover women's in any real way. It's seems like NBC coverage gets worse and worse every 2/4 years.

I watched the women's road race on NBC; Marianne Vos was amazing, as per usual.
    Sadly I was not the first person to make a connection between the Swedish TT helmets and Star Wars, Bike Radar beat me to it...

Photobucket
    ^ I went out with a Swede (like a just off the boat Swede) for 7 years. Suffice to say, they are a wacky peoples.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Guessing from what I know of Aki Kaurismaki and Christiania, I'd imagine there are a lot of wacky Scandinavians hiding behind their orderly facades.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

NBC coverage has been horrid, been watching it on the BBC's livestream. Million times better.
    I didn't even know white water canoeing was an Olympic sport. This shit is pretty crazy.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

anyone have a link for the track cycling?? the one i use is sending me to table tennis...boooo
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Cheez:Kinda saddened Longo didn't make the French team for the TT. I like her.

I'm pretty sure the French women who did make the French team for the TT are pretty glad they didn't lose a spot to a woman caught up in a doping scandal after she dominated the sport for decades.
    I missed that. But then, I didn't know you inject EPO until I read the piece about the Gran Fondo doper last night (although my wife pointed out that it's also... uh... done by emulsion? That's might only be for legitimate medical use though). I can't say I do any kind of legit racing anyway, so I don't know if I get as up in arms about PEDs as actual racers.

Jimmy, you may want to check out Lifehacker, there are some instructions there on how to use some service (usually $5 per month but you can get a week's trial) to get the BBC/British Eurosport stream in the US. Seemed overly complicated to me so I've been putting up with the commentaryless NBC app.
    PS: can I haz some non-injectable PEDs to get me through D2R2?

I would make a lousy diabetic.
    Supposedly expat shield works for BBC, but I haven't fully tried it yet.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

^^cheers cheez.
    got my commcast login from my house mat eso i can log into nbc's website.
    managed to watch most of it with no commentary.

a bit of drama without over the top commentary is kind of surreal. a lot of people looking concerned running around talking to officials and then all of a sudden the screen would show "GB, relegated"

usually i can get everything on first row sports . e u

but not the cycling this morning.
    paul jameson:someone whisper me their cable info so I can watch some goddamned olympics that aren't swimming.

I promise I won't order you 100 TiVosYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

Cheez:PS: can I haz some non-injectable PEDs to get me through D2R2?

I would make a lousy diabetic.

I'm just doing the EPO thing.....
    Bradley was "blind drunk" last night with evening exploits. Too funny.

http://tinyurl.com/c2n2523All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    But this is even better...

Lochte's mom: He only has one-night stands

http://usat.ly/N4Sg8PAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorben

His mother's name is Ike?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012

Neo-Nazi ties spark German rower's London exit I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorSwahny
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012

Any 110/100/400m hurdles in the house? Robles vs Xiang, the big showdown
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012

"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."