Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012 edited

Thought I'd pass this along, I worked with Karen at the Coolidge a lifetime ago. She was a really nice person who died quite tragically. The last time I saw her, sadly at a memorial service for another former Coolidge staffer who died, she didn't even bother mentioning that she'd won an Oscar for film editing (I want to say it was for "The Fog of War" but don't quote me on that). Anyway, friends of hers set up a fellowship for emerging documentary film editors in Karen's honor. If any of you now anyone who might want to apply, pass this along please!

-------

2013 Open Call Starts Now
    August 1, 2012

Dear Friends,

We're very excited to announce that the Open Call for submissions for our 2013 Fellowship begins today!

As you know, the Fellowship honors the memory of our friend and gifted editor Karen Schmeer. The Fellowship assists emerging documentary editors by supporting and developing their talent, expanding their creative community, and furthering their career aspirations. We work with American Cinema Editors (ACE) and many other valuable partners to offer a wide array of opportunities for promising editors. This year the Fellowship is targeted at documentary editors; fiction experience is welcome, though not required. The past recipients are Erin Casper ("Our School") and Lindsay Utz ("Bully").

If you are an emerging film editor, please take a look at our FAQ to see if you're eligible.

If you know an editor or editors who would benefit from this opportunity, please send them to our website.

There are a few changes in our eligibility requirements this year. Most notably, the film work sample submitted must be a documentary (60 minutes or more). A complete list of our requirements is here.

The RECEIVED BY deadline (not postmarked) is September 28, 2012. The Fellow will be notified in January 2013.

Our current Fellow, Lindsay Utz, has been busy this year. Her Fellowship benefits have brought her to the SXSW Film Festival, IFFBoston, EditFest NY, and this weekend she will be attending EditFest LA. She recently blogged about her IFFBoston experience for us. Get her take on "Detropia," the awesome IFFB filmmaker's lounge, "Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters," and the KSFEF mixer right here.

Good luck to our 2013 applicants and thank you to all of our supporters!

KSFEF Board Members
    Robin Hessman
    Ann Kim
    Ellie Lee
    Garret Savage
    Lewis Wheeler