Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Cheez:Happy to give hints if people are at a loss...

I'M BACK!

Man, I expected a LOT more tags over the weekend! Snipers better active, I am getting this one tomorrow in the morning.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Having three of us tied down with one tag slowed things down a bit.
    Nuggetross:I KNEW EPIC LOVED BROOKLINE TOO MUCH FOR THAT TO BE ANYWHERE ELSE. yes, we were talking about this at joe's wedding thang.

#pointshog

trufax. also, what's the cheez didn't get tagged issue?
    ^ Yeah, I am not quite following that issue either. What is the violation?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012 edited

To be entirely honest, I'm not sure... I think that I wasn't tagged in a more formal way in Ted's shot of "Alchemist" (the MIT sculpture). Looking back he did mention me by name though, and no one ever did say how we're supposed to tag other people whose bikes also made it in.

I imagine I'm just the points-hogging whipping boy/object lesson in what not to do, learn from my mistakes, save yourselves!

;p
    Cheez:I REGRET NOTHING!

;p

ftfyclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    yeah i called it a tagteam'n'brag and everything! and said my bike got Cheez on it! what more can i/we do? double tag the next spot?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012

^yeah, that's all i meant. cheez tagged the mit monument with ted (nothing wrong there), but didn't tag the next spot with ted. in order to get a point, don't you think that peeps should have to be in both photos? i'm not going to consider taking away points retroactively on a new game. just wanna know if y'all agree.

it seems like there could be foul play because say 2 peeps could get a tag, then only one posts a new one, and then the other person gets the tag. there is an incentive to share information with that back and forth. understand? that's why i think a group should have to be in both photos posted.
    ^ I can see that point.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

300 Walnut Avenue, Roxbury (Museum of the National Center of Afro American Artists)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

^ There are so many enormous head statues in Boston.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    ^ But only one like that!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Nuggetross:^yeah, that's all i meant. cheez tagged the mit monument with ted (nothing wrong there), but didn't tag the next spot with ted. in order to get a point, don't you think that peeps should have to be in both photos? i'm not going to consider taking away points retroactively on a new game. just wanna know if y'all agree.

it seems like there could be foul play because say 2 peeps could get a tag, then only one posts a new one, and then the other person gets the tag. there is an incentive to share information with that back and forth. understand? that's why i think a group should have to be in both photos posted.

Ah, yeah... we didn't know I could get a point for being in the first photo, and I wasn't at his "next" tag (which worked out well because I snagged it). I didn't know what his next tag was going to be, had to wait like everyone else.

I'm totally ok with getting docked the point, or half point (for appearing at Alchemist but not at Prospect Hill) although I do think the original post should be edited to reflect the rules as further elaborated.

Chris: too easy! Not going to be able to make it over ahead of anyone else though unless people are cold molassaes slow about going.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

nah man, not interested in docking points until this thing is established.

WHERE DA BABEZ AT?
    Cheez: yeah, I know that one is easy, but had fun perspective part to it. I took two pics on way back from that ride, and decided the other one was way too hard.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Damn, I was out there today but figured that someone (Cheez) would beat me to posting it. Alright, no more fucking around.
    Yeah, no... I suspect someone else will beat me to it (also because I wonder whether the vantage point is accessible at strange hours?)
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012 edited

Huntington Ave, Skybridge between Copley Mall and Prudential Mall (Accessible 24/7 because there are hotels attached)

A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    ^ Does bike facing the wrong direction cause any tag/point issues? Judges?
    EDIT: *IF* it does, I am for letting it pass. I think until all rules are basically in place, that the first "violation" should be a freebie.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Forgot to bring my phone. But non-driveside should be a point deduction.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    Ii don't think it should matter, but I'm just in the peanut gallery, oyez oyez ya 'onna?

Requiring driveside would hamper location creativity IMO.
    I am 100% against requiring that a bike must always show drivetrain when making a new tag. That could strip a LOT of fun out of the game. That said, my point/questions was that when replicating a photo, does the bike have to be facing the same way as the previous photo? e.g. Bike A shows drivetrain. Bike B does not. Does bike B get/not get point?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

I was joking. Be creative.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    Those were meant to be separate statements addressing different points (must bikes be in the same position & drive side only). In the end Dave is the mastermind, I reckon he's the final arbiter.

Of course now that I think about it I suppose people should attempt to mimic bike position where feasible (exception for hard to replicate balancing acts like at Riverside Press Park, creativity should count for something where emulation isn't going to happen). Going forward, of course... and we're just ironing things outand should always be flexible for new people. That's my 2 cents.
    roburrito:I was joking. Be creative.

Joking, on the Internet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

let me clarify:

-bike must be of same make as tag
    -bike must be same size
    -model year is acceptable within 1 year
    -bar tape must be inverted color
    -brooks saddles only
    -bikes must be inspected for any noticeable chips or scratches in paint. any irregularities should be homogenized with original tag
    -no clinchers tires allowed, but you may glue tubulars to clincher rims in a pinch
    -no tubular tape, only glue
    -all front wheels must be disc or have disc whe covers
    -cannot reuse bike for another tag
    -bikes must be driven
    -must be mid-coitus copulate during tagging, preferably with photographic evidence. all other forms of evidence should be sent to biek haus
    -3 spoke maximum per rear wheel
    -cardboard bikes only, hubways get half points
    -at least one hypodermic needle must be stuck into each taggers saddle

i think that about covers it! so what i'm trying to say is, take this as seriously as possible.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited

photo.JPG

City-side of Traveler St bridge (btwn South Boston and South End)

photo.JPG

ETA (after Ted snagged the point): View looking up Copp's Hill Terrace in the North End toward Copp's Hill Burying Ground, the 2nd cemetery "built" in Boston. A number of famous Bostonians are buried here, including Cotton Mather and his relatives in a family crypt.
    Updated!

Points!!!

Hog!!!
    Hmm. Too early for a hint?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  

Heh... it might be a little early?

I'll give a hint that doesn't help that much: not shown in the photo... stairs behind me (I tried shooting from further back so you could see the stairs, but then I didn't think you could see something else).

I have to say, I showed it to a friend of mine (who admittedly has driven through the area a million times) and he got it right away.

If I did manage to stump people a bit, maybe this can serve as a tutorial for clue-giving?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012

cheez is unstoppable.
    I want a *real* hint! :PAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

defs not stumped long enough. see if other peeps can jump on dat.
    I have a few clues at the ready, I'm a little surprised no one's indicated they think they know this one (can understand being strategic and not letting on that you know until you're ready to pounce on it). I have to say for the record, I wouldn't just do something random that gives a person absolutely nothing to work with.
    Yeah, the cemetary is a good contextual hint to work with. The building/road/etc looks very JP/Cambridge/Roxbury/Charlestown -ish. And this is the first one that I havn't known right off the bat, so the "hunt" is making it all the more fun!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    way too early for clues! i'm on it.
    I'm pretty sure I know where it is, too.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    looking uphill toward copp's hill burial ground on copp's hill terrace (in the north end). (edit to correct spelling, derp.)

on to the next one!

too easy?
    ^ way.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    i took a 3rd picture in case i got home and it looked WAY too easy... i don't imagine i can swap now.
    EDIT: NOW FIXED!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Jeez, talking 'bout not much to go on...
    shouldn't count until it's HTML'd

you're obviously just looking for twitter followers.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I should've just taken another shot beneath the Green Line viaduct and scooped the point, went and took a two second look at the MOS garage and the area along Martha Rd/Nashua Street... nothing. I'll be honest, if in the future all I have to go on is that there's a blue dumpster, some constructions signs, and a vantage point where you can shoot down from a floor above, with nothing else, I ain't getting off my ass. Too random is too random.
    paul jameson:you're obviously just looking for twitter followers.

#youvegottobekiddingmeAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Cheez:I should've just taken another shot beneath the Green Line viaduct and scooped the point, went and took a two second look at the MOS garage and the area along Martha Rd/Nashua Street... nothing. I'll be honest, if in the future all I have to go on is that there's a blue dumpster, some constructions signs, and a vantage point where you can shoot down from a floor above, with nothing else, I ain't getting off my ass. Too random is too random.

Before we start reappropreating tags on our own volition, I think it would be best practice to:

1. Wait longer than 2.5 hours,
    2. Ask for hints,
    3. Wait for judges/collective consent that a tag is/is not too random. Too random to one may be obvious to many. Only time can tell.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

^ I know where this is... no need for hints. Lets hope there is enough light to get a picture.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    chr|s sedition:
    Cheez:I should've just taken another shot beneath the Green Line viaduct and scooped the point, went and took a two second look at the MOS garage and the area along Martha Rd/Nashua Street... nothing. I'll be honest, if in the future all I have to go on is that there's a blue dumpster, some constructions signs, and a vantage point where you can shoot down from a floor above, with nothing else, I ain't getting off my ass. Too random is too random.

Before we start reappropreating tags on our own volition, I think it would be best practice to:

1. Wait longer than 2.5 hours,
    2. Ask for hints,
    3. Wait for judges/collective consent that a tag is/is not too random. Too random to one may be obvious to many. Only time can tell.

OT, TIH enumerated lists, therefore I will respond as such:

A1 Steak Sauce; I think it's worth noting that I said I considered it, I didn't actually go ahead and scoop it. As for the 2.5 hour window, you've already told us you're going to a show and won't be able to do anything about coding until you get back... should I presume this will be a very short show, or could one go out on a limb and guess it'll be more than 2.5 hours from posting until you get out of the show?

B24 Liberator, Is that a Nissan Maxima? What company owns and services those dumpsters?

C99. Remember, everything sets precedent. I'm happy to start posting photos that give very little context that'll slow things to a crawl. In the meantime I'm the only judge who'll be determining whether I get off my ass for random randomyncrosquashification.

roburrito:^ I know where this is... no need for hints. Lets hope there is enough light to get a picture.

Thank you sir!!!
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

100 Clarendon Garage in Back Bay

A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    chr|s sedition:
    paul jameson:you're obviously just looking for twitter followers.

#youvegottobekiddingme

#totallykiddingYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?