Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012 edited

PS: this isn't much less cryptic, but I was thinking I might use "Zev-Drumlin" as my next hint (i.e. Corey-Hill, that's Corey Hill)

It was definitely a little overly hard, sorry about that. If you looked at the image in large you could see picnic tables through the bushes (in the park with the overlook, Corey Hill Park).

^^^ Summit Ave is in Brookline, just outside Coolidge Corner (if you know where Rod Dee or Anna's on Beacon are, that's Summit), runs down to Comm Ave at the top of the hill between Kelton St/Warren St and Washington in Brighton. It's a pretty popular destination for people who want to do a little hillclimbing practice, and there's a park with an overlook at the top, if you examined the photo in a larger size at flickr you can see picnic tables through the bushes, that's the park. I was trying to think of some place in Brookline where people might actually know, but the view itself is too obvious I think.
    • CommentAuthortfunkin
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012

Also big ups getting the tag on a loaded cargo bike. Ow!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Some path, somewhere.

And man, I had to go all the way back to 2009 for the new tag.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    LMAO, I had thought about photoshopping my bike into photos. Love it.

I... might know the new one, totally unsure.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012 edited

So... I'm kinda thinking the fence on the left might be the ___(edited)____, having trouble identifying the structure in the distance, but I'm guessing out by ___(edited)____, or maybe closer in, between ____ and ______?
    Woah woah woah, online conjecture? That's the same as unsolicited hints. It cheapens the victories!

^^good call on not going back to 1998, and hanging out with CGI Godzilla.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I'm probably not getting off my ass this time, ergo I must make things cheap and tawdry. And anyway, I had Mister Ed to watch this morning, all the mean neighborhood kids thought little Pete was cool after he rode that vicious beast (Ed).
    chr|s sedition:Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Some path, somewhere.

And man, I had to go all the way back to 2009 for the new tag.

No, this happened. GL to the rest of you. Gotta find me AND Godzilla.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012 edited

Almost 100% certain I have determined the location of Eric and Godzilla via Google maps. Don't move I'm on my way.

But really, no, I'm sitting around 4/5ths naked. I did, however, determine the location of the most recent tag via a certain unnamed website. Damn I'm good.

So, do I drag the kid out there in the trailer? She's taking a nap, maybe later.

ETA: last night my wife informed me that I might be ruining this game for other people. She drew a connection to the (alleged) fact that most people will only play Trivial Pursuit with me once. There may be some truth in that, the last time I played with people someone did inform me that they hated me (I dug deep and came up with the screen-name of the MTV VJ born Fred Brathwaite in the Bronx in 1959).
    I hereby challenge you to Trivial Pursuiti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    You're on!!!

I am so totally going to not get anything right and look like a fool. Destiny!
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012

^^I want to buy a ticket to watch this!I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    tinyhonkshus:I hereby challenge you to Trivial Pursuit

Cheez:You're on!!!

I am so totally going to not get anything right and look like a fool. Destiny!

I want in on this!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Obo:^^I want to buy a ticket to watch this!
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  

photo.JPG

Alongside O-line tracks in SW corridor (on Lamartine St side) btwn Stoney Brook and Green Street Stations. ETA the actual sidestreet adjacent to the tag is Oakdale St. I would've been a little more exacting in my framing, but my attempts at reviewing Slowski's tag were being rejected by the server.

photo.JPG

ETA after Chris snagged it: Roxbury High Fort/Cochituate Standpipe site aka the Roxbury Water Tower.
    As it so happens, my guess posted last night was almost exact... I thought it was the fence alongside the O-line, but I wasn't sure where exactly, I was thinking Stoney Brook area seemed likely, which is pretty darned close.

Anyway, hopefully the new one is neither too easy nor too hard.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

I thought it looked like the O-line track on the SW corridor but I couldn't picture where there was a dirt track alongside and not pavement.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  

Truth be told I kinda recognized the ivy growing on the fence around Stony Brook from google streetview, and confirmed my suspicion using satellite map view. The paved path in the SWC is on the other side of the tracks (is that Amory St it runs along? I think it might be) through that stretch.
    Ooooh! I know where this one is!!! Yeah! Imma tag it tomorrrrrooowNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

new rule: cheez can only write 100 word max posts in this thread.
    Does that mean I am obligated to write ninety-nine words per post? I... could probably do that I suppose? I might have to resort to cutting and pasting portions of Finnegan's Wake into my comments and adding apropos-to-nothing links semi-related to the words from the book? Okay?

Fifty-three!

Anyway, if people want clues I am available to provide them (I will make it less cryptic than last time). Clearly Craig might beat people to it, but on the other hand, he might not.
    I could use a clue on that one. But even if I had known where it was w/o a clue, I haven't had the time to go out of my way for a tag over the last few days.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yeah, I figured people were just busy an all.

First clue: the white building in the distance is a VA facility.
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012

i will tag that spot here by 7pm tomorrow if nobody makes it there first.

p.s. if you do, do it before 3:30 so i don't have to.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    ^approve of tactici mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy

Fort Ave, by RCC. Cool tag. I had not been here before, and was certainly cool to check out.

To keep game moving along, new tag is very easy, but fun perspective.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012 edited

Yeah, the Roxbury High Fort/Cochituate Standpipe site (edited for spelling).
    Tim, that was my fav tag to date. Nice work. I like some of the historic/art stuff you've been tagging. Definetlly a good genre to be working with.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012 edited

Thank you kindly, I enjoyed that one as well... I was intrigued by it for years (when I first moved into the city I lived on Alleghany St on Mission Hill and always wondered what it was, and there's an old Walker Evans photo of it, in the Met collection apparently, and I once dropped some people off across the street) but this was the first time I'd actually gone up into the park.
    A long time ago me and some friends had a squat going over by Parker and Heath. I could always see the top of the tower, and wondered what it was...I've been curious about that place for a long, long, long time, which made the tag even cooler. When I realized it was the same place, I got really happy. :) Also, I am bit of a military history junkie, so it was also super-space-nifty to learn about the Rev War history of that location. Great tag.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012

Tinypic fail. Use imgur.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    roburrito:Tinypic fail. Use imgur.

Fixed. That was my fault. I had deleted old shit I had posted via Tiny, and took the new ones down, too (on accident).All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I'm pretty sure I have the latest one figured out (it was guess #2 for me, but I didn't realize I was on to something until I quickly checked guess #3 and eliminated it). Very tricky with the perspective. I like it.

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to make it over for a few days, hopefully someone else will grab it in the mean time.
    Cheez:...Very tricky with the perspective...

Interesting. I thought (hope) this was a SUPER easy one.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012

I know precisely where this is, but I'm tied to a desk for the next couple of hours.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    ugh i do too and would like to play, i also have a picture that could be used from my current satellite location...:)somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I really can't believe no one has tagged the current one yet.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    There was talk my wife might slip out of work early (she does it almost every day, so it wouldn't be too surprising if it happened), if she does I may roll over unless someone else gets off their duff and beats me to it.
    I'M GOING RIGHT NOW. REALLY THIS TIME.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Hahahaha!!
    John Hancock Tower.
    Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    CRAIG, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
    clockwork ted:CRAIG, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Oh, dear lord. Someone help the poor child.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Perhaps I've been a poor role model?
    Crash and burn/Craig and burn.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Boston tag'n'sexyposeI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    Nuggetross:i'll start off the thread with a picture of my bike at a specific location in boston-area (look below for neighborhoods). y'all have to get a picture of your bike in the same location/vantage point. then, in the same ride, tag your bike somewhere else in the city.

RULES
    1. post a photo of your bike at the previous tag, as clearly as possible
    2. post the general address of the site (general cross streets)
    3. post a photo of your bike at the new tag (1-3 in same post)
    4. make sure your new tag is done on the same ride
    5. to get credit for getting the tag, the picture must be from essentially the same angle as the old tag
    6. first to post tag gets the point

i'll keep track of them in a google doc or some bs. TRY TO BE CREATIVE WITH YOUR TAGS.

OTHER NOTES
    -if people can't find the tag, then y'all should give hints
    -overly obscure tags won't count, judged by board consensus
    -if people get bored of your tag/can't find it (even with hints), you get the point and you may post another tag

NEIGHBORHOODS
    -Allston
    -Boston
    -Brighton
    -Brookline
    -Cambridge
    -Charlestown
    -Dorchester
    -East Boston
    -JP
    -Mattapan
    -Roslindale
    -Roxbury
    -Somerville
    -Southie
    -West Roxbury

------------------------------------------------------------

Note 3 & 4.
    So, I assume I now have to post another one? Craig gave away location, so unfair for someone else to tag it, and since he didn't post a NEW one, he is toast for this round?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I was going topost a new tag but shah happened and beers did too. Haaaaang onNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012 edited

I was sorta thinking we could let Craig off on the Rule 4 violation, this time?

Er, or perhaps I misunderstood and the new tag was photographed just not posted yet. Whatever it is, I'm prone to flexibility the first time around.
    I have a tag on my camera camera, I'll post when I get home.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt