Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I believe in nothing, it's been 24 hours, I want a clue!

Doesn't have to bev very good clue.
    Cheez:I believe in nothing, it's been 24 hours, I want a clue!

Doesn't have to bev very good clue.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I just noticed the "punchington" link. There was a similar phenomenon in my college town, a dude with a T-shirt-mask was popping up sucker-punching people for almost a week. His spree reportedly ended abruptly when he attacked an amateur MMA fighter and ended up in the hospital.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012

sometimes, i think about the definition of babe. do you know what babe means? what does babe mean to you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012

we're having a nice streak of fg/ss tags. i guess the premium rush effect is really working.
    garden state knows where it is, that means no hinti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^ So, all you need to do to hold up the game is just claim you know where a given tag is? *raises eyrbrow*All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited

photo.JPG

Comm Ave carriage path in Allston between Harvard and Allston St.

photo.JPG

ETA:
    Cheez: Shirley-Eustis house, one of four remaining homes of Royal Colonial Governors. (see also).
    chr|s sedition:^ So, all you need to do to hold up the game is just claim you know where a given tag is? *raises ire-brow*

FTFY, and yes, I concur.

I'd like to see a little uniformity in the clue-giving department. 24 hours passes, a clue is requested, a clue is given. They can be totally cryptic clues, they don't have to lead a person right to the spot... just something to work with.

In the Comm Ave case, I realized my instinct was right... the only place I could think of with a grass "verge" like that, with two panels of pavement between sidewalk and street, was Comm Ave between Packards Corner and Allston St. Sure enough! Also, it occurred to me grdnstfmnd might know where it is because he lives near there, and looking around in the forums I surmised he may live in that area of Allston (and Marianna mentioned whats-it-called terrace btwn Brainerd and Brookline, figured it might be near there).
    Look at that shit. No hint required, just a little crackerjack gumshoein'!You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I respect the complaint, and apologize that my refusal to give a clue was itself outside the 24 hour time limit. I was busy drankin.

BUT in my defense, Cheez did identify the location aloud immediately (I guess this was available information before I made the hint-later post, but still!), and I apparently gave a hint while offering to give a hint later. Related question: The 24 hour bit isn't on the rules page, are we using that just cause I said I would? Or is it somewhere else?

Also: if requests for hints are indirect "votes" that it's too hard, why can't "i know where this is" be an indirect vote that it's not?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Don't mind my fussin'. It was tough but distinctive enough (although I still can't find it on google, even knowing where it is and that there's also a ladybug).

I suppose we've never nailed down any kind of rule about when a clue is given to the point that it made the list of actual rules there was just an informal agreement of sorts that people wait at least 24 hours before requesting a clue, and that clues only be given when requested... in this case i think it might be hard to give a clue that was helpful that didn't give away the cake anyway.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012

lets get a contract on this one folks. next thing, people will be doping to get tagsascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

yeah, a one man complaint ain't worth no clue, ya hear?
    somebody say dope?

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Nuggetross:yeah, a one man complaint ain't worth no clue, ya hear?

One man? I also asked for a clue, and I complained.

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

ooooo, good pics. but yeah, i defaulted to "board consensus" in the first page. i think that still applies here for any disputes.
    REFUSAL TO GIVE HINT MAKE HULK MAD. YOU NOT LIKE MAD HULK. MAD HULK FIND TAG AND MOVE NEW TAG TO WEIRD LOCATION.
    Yeah, my vote is for a hint after 24 hours, IF requested.

Tim: A well earned point. Nice job.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    So...no one wants a clue?

I know I know, you're too busy reminiscing about where you were the first time you saw Premium Rush.
    I feel like I should know where this isclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Sure, I'll take a clue....but little chance of me tagging anything until Monday. (If you havn't noticed by now, I'm usually out-of-game-commisssion on weekends).All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    1st clue: The city or town it is located in is the county seat (of its county, not that counties mean much in eastern MA).
    Well, that eliminates Brooklinei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^boooooclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012 edited

2nd clue: when it was built, it was not located in the county seat.

[we never actually established what happens if no one gets a tag after one clue, for now I'm going to keep giving follow-up clues every 24 hours or so until someone gets it. I have a # of clues up my sleeve

ETA: as of tomorrow I think I'm going to speed up the giving of clues, that should move things along a little, and yes, I know, it was the weekend and people work/have lives/this one was kinda hard... THE HULK made me do it].
    well that could be in any number of outlying Boston neighborhoods.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    3rd clue: er... surely you're kidding, you need another clue?

Don't call me Shirley

Would it help if I told you there's a cupola on top of it?
    I figured out where this is last night. Gonna get it this am or afterwork if possible.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I know where it is now!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Shirley Eustis House
    33 Shirley Street Roxbury, MA 02119

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imguprclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Yer an asshole.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012 edited

Yep, Shirley-Eustis house, one of four remaining homes of Royal Colonial Governors. (see also).
    Craigglesofdoom:Yer an asshole.

Don't be so slow next time Craig ;)clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012

^^^^i got this.
    let m e finish work first
    Since my bike is out of commission for a day or two, can I get points by tagging with a 6-pack of PBR...or razor scooter... instead of a bike? :PAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012 edited

edited for driveside picture.
    it's blurry because it was raining and shit.
    same tags, new bike.

JFK Birthhouse
    Beals St, Brookline

it was darkish. sorry

^reverse photoed? Those count? I was under the impression you had to get the tag first.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

ah shit
    it was getting dark and I had to drink beer with my buddy from back home
    can get it right in the morning if I have to.

I was under the impression you had to do the both at the same time.
    The rule only says it must be on the same ride, it says nothing about order in which they were shot. You're golden Jimmy.
    Fair enough. Just wanted clarification. Also I know where this tag is and will be getting it shortly. Now is your chance Craig!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

plus the second just had a really ace flash.
    BUT...the bike is not facing same way in the tag!!!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^also true! HAH!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

fuck, i know where that is. but i'm biekless tmw :/
    Uploaded with Imgupr

The old Kenmore Sq portal for the T. On Comm Ave mall by charlesgate.

Uploaded with Imguprclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Wow, not Brookline. A new day has dawned!

There aren't like, 20 board members who work right there or anything?

;p
    PS: I am hoping there will be a bicycle hogpile in the replicated tag.
    I know... I know... should have taken a photo before I left home and then gone to kenmore.

I'll bring it back to Brookline soon.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    nothing yet? really? you guys must be off your meds.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!